Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The unicorn of 40k: The Black Templar Deathwatch Librarian

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Qui-Gon

Qui-Gon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 326 posts

Hey folks,

Someone pointed this out, and I found it absolutely hilarious.

Deathwatch Librarian, Paragon of their Chapter, Black Templar Warlord trait.

Deathwatch Librarian, Brotherhood of Veterans, Black Templar Chapter Tactic

Oops...

• N1SB likes this

Boyadventurer

Boyadventurer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 621 posts

When should we start the kitbashing contest??

• N1SB and Qui-Gon like this

gallery_48988_15465_18333.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.pnggallery_45765_13882_2878.pnggallery_96397_14126_674.png

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,137 posts

What a cool little combo :) could make some nice backstory!

• N1SB likes this

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 417 posts

He’d be a black shield librarian for sure 

• librisrouge and N1SB like this

Debauchery101

Debauchery101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,496 posts
I think any good black templar who magically doesn't get screened out in his teens most likely would 'Crusade' himself
  • N1SB and MetalMammoth like this
The Pleasure God's Chosen

Emperor's Children (RIP) 2500 pts
Death Guard 3500 pts
Iron Warriors 3000 pts
Enslaved Traitor Guardsmen 1500 pts
Daemons 4000 pts
Salamanders 3000 pts
Necrons 2000 pts

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,661 posts

Funny: a Black Templar Librarian has been on my mind lately for a count-as Deathwatch army representing the B&C Legio. The idea is to represent our very own Sigismund Himself in model form (who, if you didn't know, was a Black Templar Librarian msn-wink.gif).

• N1SB likes this

gallery_45765_15430_13020.pnggallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_34763.pnggallery_45765_15430_18580.pnggallery_45765_15430_18989.png

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,683 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
In our original background for the Legio, when we thought that the Black Templars not having psykers was a conscious decision on their part (rather than the retconned "will of the Emperor" schtick), we included provisions for the Black Templars sending any recruits identified as having the psyker mutation to the Legio.

Getting to the OP's point, were those found in the new Deathwatch codex supplement?

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Qui-Gon

Qui-Gon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 326 posts

There was no real lore added in the Deathwatch Codex Supplement, let alone something that dates back to the heresy or even the Black Templars.

This was just a fun little oversight on the rules team part.

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,862 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

Why when I read the title to this thread I felt anger and my mouth filled with unkind words. When was the last official Black Templar codex with lore?

With the amount of Marines the Black Templars recruit there has to be one or two latent psykers that slip through? Also does anyone know what the Black Templars see the DW as? Is it a chapter that sees it as an honour or somewhere to throw uncontrollable marines to?

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Qui-Gon

Qui-Gon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 326 posts

The one and only Black Templar Codex. 2005. https://wh40k.lexica...s_(4th_Edition)

I suspect you already knew that and were asking it rhetorically, though for what reason I don't know. Why would you be angry?

Considering how little lore there is, we don't know.

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 900 posts

Why when I read the title to this thread I felt anger and my mouth filled with unkind words. When was the last official Black Templar codex with lore?

With the amount of Marines the Black Templars recruit there has to be one or two latent psykers that slip through? Also does anyone know what the Black Templars see the DW as? Is it a chapter that sees it as an honour or somewhere to throw uncontrollable marines to?

For all we know, they send psykers to other sons of Dorn (the Imperial Fists, Crimson Fists, Executioners, etc), or to the Deathwatch. I doubt they’d be so bold as to waste geneseed when they realize too late that a neophite happens to manifest latent powers...

+Edit: And it is lore-wise more palatable than the 8ed dex(?) explanation that said their librarius had simply disappeared...

Edited by Spinsanity, 03 January 2021 - 09:34 PM.

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,862 posts

The sarcasm didn't translate then? I do find the Deathwatch forum has become very literal recently. I wasn't angry but I also know of the problem a Black Templar Psyker creates. Especially with how they have guided their recent lore in a few books from untrusting to all out hostile to psykers and reversing course slightly with the whole "we don't mind navigators though because we actually need them".

A lot of chapters do waste gene seed, there's a lot of failed initiates even in the middle of the implant stage that are sent to become servitors. The Black Templars are a strong and numerous chapter, so I am not sure how they would see the Geneseed(A divine gift or simply a tool) compared to the suspicion they have for anything involving the warp.

I wanted to know what the lore was in the codex because I have not read it and I really have an interest in which chapters see the Deathwatch as a play group and which see it as a sign of honour.

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Qui-Gon

Qui-Gon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 326 posts

The lore in the codex is actually rather balls. Nothing really new or elightening.

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,740 posts

IMHO the BT librarian cannot exists cause the DW now is supplement of the main SM codex and the SM codex specifies that BT cannot have Librarians

Ok one can stretch the rules how much he want but it would be sad doing this cause it would mean that one doesnt respect the lore of 40K that is the best thing of the whole 40K game 

my two cents

“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Qui-Gon

Qui-Gon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 326 posts

IMHO the BT librarian cannot exists cause the DW now is supplement of the main SM codex and the SM codex specifies that BT cannot have Librarians

Ok one can stretch the rules how much he want but it would be sad doing this cause it would mean that one doesnt respect the lore of 40K that is the best thing of the whole 40K game 

my two cents

You do realize that's kind of the whole point of this thread, pointing this out, having a laugh, and realizing that it will likely never actually happen?

Nevermind that the rules for Codex Marines concerning the black templars chapter have no bearing on our codex.

Edited by Qui-Gon, 05 January 2021 - 07:13 PM.

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,862 posts

As much as I would love to paint a BT Librarian, the heresy of a loyal Thousand Son, I mean Blood Raven is just too strong.

It is a shame the codex isn't great lore wise, most of the books I read nowadays seem to have some Black Templar presence in them.

Qui-Gon

Qui-Gon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 326 posts

As much as I would love to paint a BT Librarian, the heresy of a loyal Thousand Son, I mean Blood Raven is just too strong.

It is a shame the codex isn't great lore wise, most of the books I read nowadays seem to have some Black Templar presence in them.

I still would hold that the Black Templars would see it as an honor to send their best to the Deathwatch. All evidence from the FFG & GW narrative pieces and books would suggest that it is an honor for them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users