The unicorn of 40k: The Black Templar Deathwatch Librarian

Qui-Gon

In our original background for the Legio, when we thought that the Black Templars not having psykers was a conscious decision on their part (rather than the retconned "will of the Emperor" schtick), we included provisions for the Black Templars sending any recruits identified as having the psyker mutation to the Legio.

Getting to the OP's point, were those found in the new Deathwatch codex supplement?

• 2 weeks later...

Why when I read the title to this thread I felt anger and my mouth filled with unkind words. When was the last official Black Templar codex with lore?

With the amount of Marines the Black Templars recruit there has to be one or two latent psykers that slip through? Also does anyone know what the Black Templars see the DW as? Is it a chapter that sees it as an honour or somewhere to throw uncontrollable marines to?

Why when I read the title to this thread I felt anger and my mouth filled with unkind words. When was the last official Black Templar codex with lore?

With the amount of Marines the Black Templars recruit there has to be one or two latent psykers that slip through? Also does anyone know what the Black Templars see the DW as? Is it a chapter that sees it as an honour or somewhere to throw uncontrollable marines to?

For all we know, they send psykers to other sons of Dorn (the Imperial Fists, Crimson Fists, Executioners, etc), or to the Deathwatch. I doubt they’d be so bold as to waste geneseed when they realize too late that a neophite happens to manifest latent powers...

+Edit: And it is lore-wise more palatable than the 8ed dex(?) explanation that said their librarius had simply disappeared...

Edited by Spinsanity

The sarcasm didn't translate then? I do find the Deathwatch forum has become very literal recently. I wasn't angry but I also know of the problem a Black Templar Psyker creates. Especially with how they have guided their recent lore in a few books from untrusting to all out hostile to psykers and reversing course slightly with the whole "we don't mind navigators though because we actually need them".

A lot of chapters do waste gene seed, there's a lot of failed initiates even in the middle of the implant stage that are sent to become servitors. The Black Templars are a strong and numerous chapter, so I am not sure how they would see the Geneseed(A divine gift or simply a tool) compared to the suspicion they have for anything involving the warp.

I wanted to know what the lore was in the codex because I have not read it and I really have an interest in which chapters see the Deathwatch as a play group and which see it as a sign of honour.

IMHO the BT librarian cannot exists cause the DW now is supplement of the main SM codex and the SM codex specifies that BT cannot have Librarians

Ok one can stretch the rules how much he want but it would be sad doing this cause it would mean that one doesnt respect the lore of 40K that is the best thing of the whole 40K game 

my two cents

IMHO the BT librarian cannot exists cause the DW now is supplement of the main SM codex and the SM codex specifies that BT cannot have Librarians

Ok one can stretch the rules how much he want but it would be sad doing this cause it would mean that one doesnt respect the lore of 40K that is the best thing of the whole 40K game 

my two cents

You do realize that's kind of the whole point of this thread, pointing this out, having a laugh, and realizing that it will likely never actually happen?

Nevermind that the rules for Codex Marines concerning the black templars chapter have no bearing on our codex.

Edited by Qui-Gon

As much as I would love to paint a BT Librarian, the heresy of a loyal Thousand Son, I mean Blood Raven is just too strong.

It is a shame the codex isn't great lore wise, most of the books I read nowadays seem to have some Black Templar presence in them.

As much as I would love to paint a BT Librarian, the heresy of a loyal Thousand Son, I mean Blood Raven is just too strong.

It is a shame the codex isn't great lore wise, most of the books I read nowadays seem to have some Black Templar presence in them.

I still would hold that the Black Templars would see it as an honor to send their best to the Deathwatch. All evidence from the FFG & GW narrative pieces and books would suggest that it is an honor for them.

• 7 months later...

Hey folks,

Someone pointed this out, and I found it absolutely hilarious.

Deathwatch Librarian, Paragon of their Chapter, Black Templar Warlord trait.

Deathwatch Librarian, Brotherhood of Veterans, Black Templar Chapter Tactic

Oops...

When should we start the kitbashing contest??

What a cool little combo :smile.: could make some nice backstory!

I am a little late to the party, but I feel like is pretty spot-on relevant to the previous discussion.

I came across this thread while painting up my librarian for the Deathwatch, so here is my Black Templar Librarian submission!

gallery_103048_17086_182581.jpg

Summarized backstory is Brother Benedictus was a latent psyker (like all humans in the 41st millenium may be) and spontaneously displayed great psychic potential during a desperate last stand as a templar of his Marshal's household. Though he had advanced to the rank of the sword brethren, he was exiled from the Chapter to be instructed in the ways of warpcraft and atone for his sins, and ultimately was sworn in service to the Deathwatch to continue his fight against the vile xenos plaguing the Imperium.

gallery_103048_17086_85921.jpg

Posted his lore and the rest of his pictures in my current Deathwatch project thread.