Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sisters vs Dark Eldar Box Set

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,857 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Admittedly not what I was expecting to land.

Presumably the Ecclesiarchy stuff teased in the Advent Calendar will be getting shown off on New Years Day and a box set usually means a new codex is coming.

BaNaY1F47I9Ur0CY.jpg

w14f95Ub6Uy5YMNU.jpg

R8EUziQrVMd67JNd.jpg

pWAsZQ642WLG8fX8.jpg

edit: WHC link https://www.warhamme...-and-hekatarii/

Edited by WarriorFish, 26 December 2020 - 10:15 AM.
Added source

• Joe likes this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Kobrakei

Kobrakei

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 913 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Shrikes/Dark Angels
That new Lilith model is pretty underwhelming for me, and the face is...well, not good. It just doesn't strike me as a legendary killer unlike the old model.
  • Scribe, Aeternus, Silas7 and 2 others like this

'For nine days and nine nights I hung from the spines of that great tree, my blood awash with toxins, my mind awash with visions. Where brothers died, I was reborn. This is what it is to be a warrior of the Thorn Wreath'  - Jor Yestine, I Company, Crimson Shrikes Adeptus Astartes

A Dark Song - A collection of armies

Redmeption At All Costs - Dark Angels Fifth Company

Instagram

gallery_70393_10089_14170.png

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,248 posts
Is that twice in a row Drukhari players have been hit with heres a new character but you have to buy a box? At least this one wont anywhere cost near as much. And sisters half should be easy enough to offload or go splittsville on

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,796 posts

You mean to say they’re releasing a box without Primaris anywhere near it???

RTExCCf.gif

On a brighter note I may get that cos it looks great. 

• Montford, firestorm40k, templargdt and 10 others like this

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,418 posts
Not particularly keen on the Lilith model but will reserve final judgement until I have her in hand.

gallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_12339_7236.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,311 posts
The sisters character isn’t good enough to make me want the box. Bit of a swing and a miss for me.

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,857 posts

That new Lilith model is pretty underwhelming for me, and the face is...well, not good. It just doesn't strike me as a legendary killer unlike the old model.

It's most likely the paint job. 'Eavy Metal has some very unfortunate faces, but in-hand the model usually looks good - see also most of the LotR line.

• mithrilforge, Fulkes, Shinespider and 1 other like this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 514 posts
I LOVE that Lilith model A LOT. But the Sisters character is very bland.
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,391 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE

Lilith looks great... I much prefer this new pose. Looks like gingers are in for the dark kin again !

• Dracos likes this
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Kobrakei

Kobrakei

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 913 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Shrikes/Dark Angels

It's most likely the paint job. 'Eavy Metal has some very unfortunate faces, but in-hand the model usually looks good - see also most of the LotR line.

Hopefully that's the case. I think the model is just lacking something however. I'll probably grab a set as I've got a sisters army so I'll have a chance for it to grow on me

'For nine days and nine nights I hung from the spines of that great tree, my blood awash with toxins, my mind awash with visions. Where brothers died, I was reborn. This is what it is to be a warrior of the Thorn Wreath'  - Jor Yestine, I Company, Crimson Shrikes Adeptus Astartes

A Dark Song - A collection of armies

Redmeption At All Costs - Dark Angels Fifth Company

Instagram

gallery_70393_10089_14170.png

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,135 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Arrrrggghhhh there goes my hope of a Lucius the Eternal vs Lelith box. sad.png

Not seriously complaining though, pleased to see an exceedingly rare non Imperial SPACE MARINES vs non Imperial SPACE MARINES box. Hope it's priced well & sells well to convince GW to do more like it.

edit: whoops

Edited by Marshal Loss, 25 December 2020 - 12:10 PM.

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Death Guard Warband: The Fourth Seal

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,974 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

Arrrrggghhhh there goes my hope of a Lucius the Eternal vs Lelith box. :(

Not seriously complaining though, pleased to see an exceedingly rare non Imperial vs non Imperial box. Hope it's priced well & sells well to convince GW to do more like it.

Uh....SoB are imperial lol.
  • Black Blow Fly and Plaguecaster like this

Skywrath

Skywrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,404 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights, Adeptus Custodes

Well that was quick.

Edited by Skywrath, 25 December 2020 - 12:08 PM.

7DtmK1a.pnge2ZWJbt.pngt44uaS0.pngIJKynoL.pngtFMKXdu.pngAhRNilX.png

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,135 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Arrrrggghhhh there goes my hope of a Lucius the Eternal vs Lelith box. sad.png

Not seriously complaining though, pleased to see an exceedingly rare non Imperial vs non Imperial box. Hope it's priced well & sells well to convince GW to do more like it.

Uh....SoB are imperial lol.

Meant Space Marines. I just woke up don't hate

• mithrilforge, Plaguecaster, Kheotour and 2 others like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Death Guard Warband: The Fourth Seal

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,170 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
Not at all what I was expecting! Like, at all... The box set itself, or the severely underwhelming lilith.

All personal preferences of course. But I prefer the old one. Too much hair.

Just an annoying situation, because the new one is obviously better proportioned, and it does look good. And the hair pose is good too. But the mass of hair is silly.

Edited by Captain Coolpants, 25 December 2020 - 12:18 PM.

AenarIT

AenarIT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 337 posts
  • Faction: Tau Necrons SM

100% what the rumour said it would’ve been smile.png

Source: http://www.bolterand...v-21/?p=5633611

I saw a random rumour online, screenshotted from a fb group.
New (small) box incoming, Dark Eldar vs Sisters.
Lelith Hesperax (new model), 10 Wyches, 5 Scourges vs new Sisters HQ (Palatine something, the lieutenant one). 5 Retributors, 1 Immolator. 
No idea whether it's reliable or not, but it would certainly fit the current approach of launching new models in box sets.
EDIT: and a Venom, forgot about it

Spoiler

Edited by AenarIT, 25 December 2020 - 01:31 PM.

• Marshal Loss, Fulkes, Iron Father Imeran Byon and 2 others like this

RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,719 posts
The running forward palentine paired with the static retributors is a interesting model choice. I also don't need more retributors, so I'll have to decide if I want to split it with someone.

As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
gallery_29004_6198_5619.pngUUPlRKI.pnggallery_48988_15465_7428.pnggallery_48988_15465_9161.png

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,660 posts
  • Faction: Orks!
It’s a minor complaint, but the corpse at Lelith‘a feet makes me sad that we’re likely stuck with those dumb-looking shoulder vents on Eldar Guardians forever. :(

gallery_23421_16101_14266.png

jimbo1701

jimbo1701

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,149 posts
Question for someone with a better memory than I. These vs boxes, have they historically been associated with a campaign / expansion book or codex releases for the factions?

For example, blood of the Phoenix accompanied the psychic awakening release for both included factions, but what I’m more curious about (seeing as the release order is pretty much confirmed as January death guard, feb dark angels and March dark eldar) is does this mean a sisters codex is the next release after the box comes out ?

Check out my  blog for all things space marine: http://indexastartes.blogspot.com/

And my other blog for all other things 40K: http://codex-imperia...blogspot.co.uk/

Banjulhu

Banjulhu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 370 posts

So its a named character vs a unnamed generic Lt level HQ and a poorly optimised heavy slot.

Well the non-Imperial races were due a lore win at some point I suppose.

• CaptainMarsh, Lord Marshal, Indefragable and 1 other like this

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,418 posts
jimbo1701: No, not necessarily. Ghaz got rules in the box he was in but there was no Codex: Orks release afterwards.

And, given how recently the Sisters' 'dex has been released, I doubt they'll get a new book any time soon.

gallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_12339_7236.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

jimbo1701

jimbo1701

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,149 posts

jimbo1701: No, not necessarily. Ghaz got rules in the box he was in but there was no Codex: Orks release afterwards.

And, given how recently the Sisters' 'dex has been released, I doubt they'll get a new book any time soon.

Sure, I see what you mean about ghaz, but the box was released as part of the psychic awakening series when no new codexes were being done prior to the 9th release. (Sisters being an exception). I’m more thinking back to pre-psychic awakening, things like shadowspear, the Admech set and the others that came before that. Really to deduce f we should expect a sisters codex around Easter time.

Check out my  blog for all things space marine: http://indexastartes.blogspot.com/

And my other blog for all other things 40K: http://codex-imperia...blogspot.co.uk/

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,323 posts
The new Lelith’s not bad but isn’t a classic in the same fashion as the old one. The detail’s great but there’s more unnecessary exertion in the face and the pose isn’t as perfect.

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,857 posts

Question for someone with a better memory than I. These vs boxes, have they historically been associated with a campaign / expansion book or codex releases for the factions?

For example, blood of the Phoenix accompanied the psychic awakening release for both included factions, but what I’m more curious about (seeing as the release order is pretty much confirmed as January death guard, feb dark angels and March dark eldar) is does this mean a sisters codex is the next release after the box comes out ?

We know the Dark Eldar book is schedule for early 2021 - probably March now since Death Guard were pushed back to January and Hedonites are February. 

The Advent Calendar Rumour Engines had a bunch of Ecclesiarchy/Inquisition stuff and with nothing like Psychic Awakening promised there's a good chance a Sisters codex might land with them (although there could be the War Zone XYZ book). One need only look at Space Marines getting a new 'dex in less than a year - even if Marines are arguably a special case by virtue of their popular - to see GW don't mind pushing replacements out quickly.

Edited by Lord Marshal, 25 December 2020 - 01:24 PM.

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,336 posts
i appreciate her covering up, but can't help butt wonder if lilith is still wearing her battle thong under her new pants.

edit: i can't believe people are describing lilith's old model as 'classic' instead of juvenile and cringe.

Edited by Wispy, 25 December 2020 - 01:39 PM.

• Fulkes, Slave to Darkness, Oxydo and 2 others like this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users