Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sisters vs Dark Eldar Box Set

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

Emicus

Emicus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,689 posts
I need more Immolators and Retributors. If the price is right I'll get several of these. If there aren't savings I'll also save myself the trouble of finding people to split with and get regular boxes instead.

Your move GW price department, your move... (Either way I'm giving you money so I can't win. I need help).

Edited by Emicus, 25 December 2020 - 01:43 PM.

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,418 posts

We know the Dark Eldar book is schedule for early 2021 - probably March now since Death Guard were pushed back to January and Hedonites are February.

If you’re a Warhammer 40,000 fan, you’ll see a new codex or expansion every month in January, February, and March starting with the Death Guard – Nurgle, bless ’em, they have waited a long time…

Hedonites in February do not replace any 40k book releases in the same month, thankfully. :)

I still highly doubt we'll see Sisters so soon. Space Marines have always been and, unfortunately, always will be an exception to the rule.

gallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_12339_7236.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Iron Father Imeran Byon

Iron Father Imeran Byon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 578 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

i appreciate her covering up, but can't help butt wonder if lilith is still wearing her battle thong under her new pants.

edit: i can't believe people are describing lilith's old model as 'classic' instead of juvenile and cringe.

I see what you did there, brother. It's heretical, alas I chuckled so a few hours of meditation about how the Xenos are to be purged should be enough punishment for that lapse.

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,801 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors
I don't get why she is so jacked now. Her whole thing was being fast, fluid movement with power via technique. I mean the style is great for jojo fans or dudes with a more shall we say select taste for feminine beauty. Still regardless this is miles ahead of the monty python sisters of battle helmetless heads. Again, I am betting the harsh paint job is just exacerbating the detail incorrectly.
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,655 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I don't get why she is so jacked now. Her whole thing was being fast, fluid movement with power via technique. I mean the style is great for jojo fans or dudes with a more shall we say select taste for feminine beauty. Still regardless this is miles ahead of the monty python sisters of battle helmetless heads. Again, I am betting the harsh paint job is just exacerbating the detail incorrectly.

Your idea that she can't be both jacked and fast tells me you have never seen one second of women's MMA.

Not the most exciting reveals, but we have new year's coming still.
  • mithrilforge, Black Blow Fly and Fulkes like this

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,974 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

i appreciate her covering up, but can't help butt wonder if lilith is still wearing her battle thong under her new pants.

edit: i can't believe people are describing lilith's old model as 'classic' instead of juvenile and cringe.

Kind of subjective.  The underwear wasn't necessary, but I prefer the overall pose and details on the old one. I also feel like the pose and expression better suit her fluff of being cold and confident. It was also a lot more of a simple sculpt; none of this giant hair or smoke or energy you see a lot of these days.

But hey, some people like that thing along with flipping terminators. 

Your idea that she can't be both jacked and fast tells me you have never seen one second of women's MMA.

Shes pretty jacked in the old model too. She's got a pack and obliques and you can see the muscle definition on arms too. Like you mention, the paintjob is a little too harsh on the skin tone and is causing a problem

Edited by SkimaskMohawk, 25 December 2020 - 02:05 PM.

• Fulkes likes this

Wulf Vengis

Wulf Vengis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,175 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Is this gonna be another limited release?

These vs boxes are perfect for the way i like to collect nowadays.
The Lone Wolf Saga or The Lone Wolf Saga
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: Orlath83

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,801 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

What made her exceptional was her smaller frame + size being able to still kill jacked opponents like orks, SM, CSM, carnifexes etc. Now she is just another meathead bashing in the other meatheads. Closing the physical size gap with her being so jacked has diminished her presance and taken away from her overal character.

Edit- she was the feather weight/ welter weight that beats the super heavy weights, now she is just another heavyweight doing that, using fighting standards IRL.

Edited by MegaVolt87, 25 December 2020 - 02:14 PM.

• Silas7 likes this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

AenarIT

AenarIT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 337 posts
  • Faction: Tau Necrons SM

Most likely a limited release, with the individual clampacks for the two new characters coming 6 months later. Like Ragnar + Ghaz, Drazhar + Jain Zar, ...

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,015 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

Time to nab old finecast lelith and do head transplant

• Archaeinox and Alby the Slayer like this

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

grailkeeper

grailkeeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 806 posts
  • Faction: Vylka Fenrika

The previous Lillith model was a bit better. It wasn't particularly in need of a replacement compared to some characters.

On the plus side the dead guy on the base is the first craftworld eldar in a long time msn-wink.gif

• Brother Adelard and mooftak like this

TheTuninator

TheTuninator

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21 posts

Well, I recently jumped back in with a Sisters army, and was planning to do DE next, so this works out pretty well! For those more familiar with these sets, I assume the Lelith and Palatine models will eventually have a general release as well further down the line, right?

So its a named character vs a unnamed generic Lt level HQ and a poorly optimised heavy slot.

Well the non-Imperial races were due a lore win at some point I suppose.

Sisters need more generic HQ choices a lot more than they need another special character. I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.

grailkeeper

grailkeeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 806 posts
  • Faction: Vylka Fenrika

Going off the base, we wont be getting updated guardians any time soon. How old are they? Probably older than some people posting here.

• mithrilforge likes this

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos

That new Lilith model is pretty underwhelming for me, and the face is...well, not good. It just doesn't strike me as a legendary killer unlike the old model.

It's most likely the paint job. 'Eavy Metal has some very unfortunate faces, but in-hand the model usually looks good - see also most of the LotR line.

Yeah, the 'Eavy Metal style doesn't work with female faces well since those require softer shading and better transitions. Which is a damn shame they still haven't fixed that since they sculpts continue to be solid.

Well, I'll have to set some money aside since it's a solid looking box that looks like a decent way to start both armies.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,794 posts

You mean to say they’re releasing a box without Primaris anywhere near it???

On a brighter note I may get that cos it looks great. 

Forgebane? Blood of the Phoenix? Either of those ring a bell? :lol:

Also regarding Lelith's muscles: She's still slim compared to all the other models/races. It's just that she has muscle definition where it makes sense. Especially those thighs

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,150 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!
Its a buy for me. Perfect combo of units to expand my Sororitas force and I do want Lelith for my DE as well. The other DE units aren't so great, seeing as it feels like they feature in every box DE are in.
  • Silas7 likes this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.png gallery_84244_11417_5535.png

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,563 posts

So its a named character vs a unnamed generic Lt level HQ and a poorly optimised heavy slot.

Poorly optimised? Not since the weapon buffs, mate. Retributors are fantastic.
  • sitnam likes this

Wulf Vengis

Wulf Vengis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,175 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Most likely a limited release, with the individual clampacks for the two new characters coming 6 months later. Like Ragnar + Ghaz, Drazhar + Jain Zar, ...

Grrr...
The Lone Wolf Saga or The Lone Wolf Saga
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: Orlath83

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 924 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I hope Lilith still comes with the alternative weapon option, depending on how the knife in her left hand is angled that could be swapped for the spear

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,655 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Going off the base, we wont be getting updated guardians any time soon. How old are they? Probably older than some people posting here.

Not necessarily. The Thunderwolves plastic kit came with Thousand Sons heads for basing and they wound up getting updated within 2 years.
  • Archaeinox likes this

Nichodemus10

Nichodemus10

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21 posts

Poorly optimised because no one ever takes 2 multimeltas, a heavy bolter, and a heavy flamer in one squad, so you will have to either by a second box or just have an odd squad...retributors are great, this set up of retributors-suboptimal...

Vesalius

Vesalius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 53 posts
Wow, that rumor was true! I wanted to the tank anyways, thought the drukhari would make for good necromunda/inq28 conversions anyways 🤔

GenerationTerrorist

GenerationTerrorist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 172 posts

Really pleased for the DE players getting a new Lilith model thumbsup.gif

• Black Blow Fly likes this

40K:
- 2500pts Deathwing/Ravenwing

- 2000pts Primaris Black Templars

- 1500pts Death Guard

BladeOfVengeance

BladeOfVengeance

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 491 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
I think the model is great! Super dynamic! Palatine is sweet too definitely picking up the box

Banjulhu

Banjulhu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 370 posts

At no point will a squad with 2 multi-meltas, a heavy bolter and a heavy flamer be a good idea.

It is merely the a build option of a kit single that is intended to be bought in pairs to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users