Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sisters vs Dark Eldar Box Set

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 813 posts

I don't know sisters but I'd like to start them somedays...

What is the value ingame of this box? I mean, to build a competitive or at least effective sister force, are they meh, nice, must have?

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,794 posts

I don't know sisters but I'd like to start them somedays...

What is the value ingame of this box? I mean, to build a competitive or at least effective sister force, are they meh, nice, must have?

It has the two best units in the Sisters arsenal in it with a new HQ. The only way it would have been better is if it was two squads of Retributors, that way you could do all the same weapon loadouts.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,778 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
New Lilith looks cool. After playing so much cyberpunk this week I’m tempted to paint the whole body black instead of exposed skin like a body suit.
  • Maschinenpriester and tangoalphatwo like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 813 posts

I just did some seach about the adepta sororitas (I'm new to them) and I see celestine in almost all lists and Immolator just never at all.

So, I'm really lost here. Most of Sisters lists are really super expensive, spamming a lot, I mean A LOT, of boxes of sisters: seraphims like 2*10 or 2*30 (4 or 6 boxes), 20 or 30 dominions (4 or 6 boxes), repentias etc... At the end of the day: sistes lists are often 10 to 14 boxes + HQ . Is that the way to play sisters? This army seems super expensive (in money) ? Is the Immolators that bad? (I never saw it in any battle rep even at fun rep).

Last question: is the Sista army  really different to play that other ones (Already have 7 armies...)

(PS: I know, some other armies are really expensive like the admech for example, that I already own...)

Edited by BolterZorro, 25 December 2020 - 04:44 PM.

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos

Sisters are a short range aggressive force that falls between the Guard and Astartes in the number of models they can bring and how squishy they are.

I suspect Sisters might see an update after Drukhari in some form or fashion. I hope they give the army some minor tweaks to smooth some of the rough spots and add custom order options.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,974 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

I just did some seach about the adepta sororitas (I'm new to them) and I see celestine in almost all lists and Immolator just never at all.
So, I'm really lost here. Most of Sisters lists are really super expensive, spamming a lot, I mean A LOT, of boxes of sisters: seraphims like 2*10 or 2*30 (4 or 6 boxes), 20 or 30 dominions (4 or 6 boxes), repentias etc... At the end of the day: sistes lists are often 10 to 14 boxes + HQ . Is that the way to play sisters? This army seems super expensive (in money) ? Is the Immolators that bad? (I never saw it in any battle rep even at fun rep).
Last question: is the Sista army really different to play that other ones (Already have 7 armies...)

(PS: I know, some other armies are really expensive like the admech for example, that I already own...)

The most competitive lists have 15 rets, 10 seraphim, 20 repentia and about 20 battle sisters. Some use a bunch of celestians in there too.

Immolators are great tanks, but can push you into giving an easy secondary and fill the same roll as retributors who have more burst damage.
  • BolterZorro likes this

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,946 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

That new Lilith model is pretty underwhelming for me, and the face is...well, not good. It just doesn't strike me as a legendary killer unlike the old model.

Loaded up the site. Saw Lilith. Loaded up this site. Logged in. Prepared to unleash disappointment.

That model is a massive step down from what was a great model.

Extremely disappointing.

• Iron Father Ferrum, Doctor Perils, Aeternus and 1 other like this

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

grailkeeper

grailkeeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 806 posts
  • Faction: Vylka Fenrika

Going off the base, we wont be getting updated guardians any time soon. How old are they? Probably older than some people posting here.

Not necessarily. The Thunderwolves plastic kit came with Thousand Sons heads for basing and they wound up getting updated within 2 years.

That one was like a sneak peek of the new 1k sons. That guardian looks just like the old ones.

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,391 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE

Her hair reminds me of Doc Oct... gorgeous.

=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

The Observer

The Observer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,414 posts
  • Faction: The Legions of Yore

I can't say that I am disappointed in Lelith being less cheesecake-y now - but it still feels a bit naff.

Instagram Handle: count.hodo

12.jpg

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,946 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

I can't say that I am disappointed in Lelith being less cheesecake-y now - but it still feels a bit naff.

I didnt even notice the lower half of the model. The head is terrible, and the midsection is excessive. I checked out at that point.

Major miss.

• Iron Father Ferrum and Alby the Slayer like this

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Lucerne

Lucerne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,177 posts

Calling this preview light on new content is an understatement.

I guess deldar and SoB fans will be happy, though we already knew they were getting this stuff.

https://twitter.com/...318432949927938

"The Alpha Legion has- in spirit if not in body- remained much the same since its creation."

"Agents of stealth and misrule they may be, but when the Alpha Legion unleash their martial might, worlds shake at their tread."

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,248 posts
Anyone NOT expecting this to sell out in ten minutes?
  • ShibeKing likes this

Alby the Slayer

Alby the Slayer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 90 posts

I don't get why she is so jacked now. Her whole thing was being fast, fluid movement with power via technique. I mean the style is great for jojo fans or dudes with a more shall we say select taste for feminine beauty. Still regardless this is miles ahead of the monty python sisters of battle helmetless heads. Again, I am betting the harsh paint job is just exacerbating the detail incorrectly.

Your idea that she can't be both jacked and fast tells me you have never seen one second of women's MMA.
Not the most exciting reveals, but we have new year's coming still.
What made her exceptional was her smaller frame + size being able to still kill jacked opponents like orks, SM, CSM, carnifexes etc. Now she is just another meathead bashing in the other meatheads. Closing the physical size gap with her being so jacked has diminished her presance and taken away from her overal character.

Edit- she was the feather weight/ welter weight that beats the super heavy weights, now she is just another heavyweight doing that, using fighting standards IRL.

Yep, you're right b&c brother. 

It's of course IMHO but she lacks an aeldari aesthic, like the wyches models which are too massive and the female body is too similar to the male body (except for the brest) in shoulders legs and torso, all in favor of modularity. sure.

I don't want some sexual elf bimbos but I don't want a WWE female warrior either. A lethal feminine aeldari gladiator is what Lilith is.

The pose is great btw.

And the face... I get the snarl but she almost looks like a human. Compare her to Yvraine (which I think can be a better head swap)...

Kind of disappointed, but we have to see her not-painted and compare in size to other miniatures.

• Doctor Perils likes this

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,857 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Dark Eldar aren't that popular and Lelith isn't that old a model (ten years in GW years isn't that long, especially for Eldar models) nor a departure enough for people who wanted her before to suddenly grab her now.

Sisters only have 8 models, one being a mini-HQ who'll be available separately in the future anyway.

If it's anymore than a £100 I don't see it shifting well.

I'm not typically a fan of cheesecake, but Lelith is the one model I think it fit quite well - she's a show-woman who's got such awe-inspiring athleticism and confidence that she won't be hit in the first place, she can afford to show a lot of skin, both for the crowd and as an ego boost. Plus it would contrast well with the heavily armoured and, ahem, pure Sisters.

Edited by Lord Marshal, 25 December 2020 - 05:46 PM.

• Iron Father Ferrum and Alby the Slayer like this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,029 posts

Falls a bit flat for me. I do like the Lileth model a lot but the sister is fairly generic, it feels more like another repackage of existing stuff with the characters thrown in which is a shame. But to be fair they do have to jiggle stuff around because of production delays.

Glad it's not more Primaris atleast.

Truescale MKIII Tutorial

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts

I mean scalpers are still a problem so....

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 929 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

So glad I haven't already bought an Immo; this was always going to be a must purchase box, so it's nice that I held out.

We knew Lelith was coming; we knew the palatine was coming. We had no idea it would be a boxed set (other than that rumour that turned out to be accurate).

This is amazing news for me- grow my 2 favourite armies with a single box? Hell ya!

Also really like the dynamic of wyches vs sisters- lots of women on both sides of that fight. My only concern is that if this box is released in January, I might not have enough cash to by both this and the Blood of the Phoenix, which is what I was planning to pick up in January. BotP would let me START a new army (Eldar) in addition to building on my DE; this box builds on my 2 biggest armies.

ATPete

ATPete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 69 posts

Not really sold on this tbh, for a character model the palatine looks uninspiring. What's she doing? Going to slap someone with her rosary beads?

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,150 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

Sisters only have 8 models, one being a mini-HQ who'll be available separately in the future anyway.

It's not really about model count though, it's about value. Even with only a single-figure model count, all of those Sisters kits are actively useful to me and with a combined RRP of £95-£100 (depending on how much the Palatine goes for), the Drukhari kits in this box are basically going to be free. Even if I wasn't also a DE player (I am) that would make this a pretty attractive proposition, either for splitting or selling on the spares.

I appreciate that from the perspective of DE players who don't also need Sisters stuff, it's a much harder sell. Aside from Lelith, those same few kits have appeared and reappeared in set after set over the last few years. It's hard to imagine that anybody but new DE players need much from it.
  • Fulkes likes this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.png gallery_84244_11417_5535.png

AenarIT

AenarIT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 337 posts
  • Faction: Tau Necrons SM

It will sell out almost immediately like all these batte boxes do.

The usual saving is enough to encourage the practice of buying and splitting the content, let alone selling the individual kits on eBay for the splitters that do this.

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 887 posts

I have to wonder if this will tie in to the story in The Gate of Bones or the upcoming War Zone Charadon. I guess it could even be spun out of the Pariah Nexus events. Just been a while since GW did a battlebox that stood completely on its own.

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,857 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Before Lockdown vs After Lockdown

1090000-.jpg

• firestorm40k, GenerationTerrorist, Dark Shepherd and 1 other like this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts

Not really sold on this tbh, for a character model the palatine looks uninspiring. What's she doing? Going to slap someone with her rosary beads?

"POWER OF THE EMPEROR COMPELS YOU!" *SMACK*

Don't knock her power beads (or the power sword she has on her hip).

Before Lockdown vs After Lockdown

1090000-.jpg

No one in lockdown has worked out enough to crush a man's skull like a melon with just their thighs like Lelith did though.

• Son of Carnelian likes this

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,248 posts

Dark Eldar aren't that popular and Lelith isn't that old a model (ten years in GW years isn't that long, especially for Eldar models) nor a departure enough for people who wanted her before to suddenly grab her now.

If it's anymore than a £100 I don't see it shifting well

Its only 2 new models but they have to have learnt their lesson from Blood of the Phoenix pricing, releases are getting staggered/delayed, and fomo is at an alltime high

Some recent prices have been fairly reasonable or within acceptable prices at least (albeit thats a low bar to clear)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users