=] The Boxing Day Bash 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

gallery_48988_6285_311440.png

Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword's 6th Annual Boxing Day Bash, the premise is simple; Build, Paint, and Base 1 (or more) model/s in 24hrs.

The Rules are as follows;

• Build, paint, and base one (or more) models.
  • 24hr limit, determined by the time of Participants "Vow" post. Everybody gets 24hrs starting at any time on THEIR local Boxing Day.
  • "Completion" standard set by Participant.
  • Each Vow made for the Participants sub/forum of choice.
  • Each completion earns one point for building the model/s, two points for building AND painting the model/s, and a total of three points for building AND painting, AND basing their model/s within the 24hr time period.
  • A fourth point will be awarded for multiple models completed within the 24hrs time period.
  • Two pictures are required, one picture of the bitz or sprue, and one of the completed model/s.
  • Primed bitz/sprue will be accepted.
  • Individual points can be earned for completing any one of the three criteria.
  • Sub-assemblies will be accepted for larger models.

Please post your vows here, in this thread with the following format,

I, {insert your name}, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base {insert unit/s here} for the honour of the {insert your sub-forum} within the 24hrs time limit.

You can signify your participation by adding one of the following badges to your signature if you so desire,

sml_gallery_48988_11572_5890.png

There will be other badges awarded at the conclusion of the event.

Have fun, lets see some cool models.

Since this event required the model to start on sprue or in bitz, that cut down my options a bit so I've decided to go for a model that I've had sitting around for ages and should've painted months ago:

I, Dosjetka, accept the Boxing Day Bash challenge and vow to build, paint, and base Sister Superior Amalia Novena for the honour of the Sisters of Battle within the 24-hour limit.

gallery_45765_16028_18126.jpg

Hmmm... My Boxing Day finishes in a few hours and my desk/workspace is so far buried its not funny (and there is the parts of an Imperial Knight I need to complete by months end in there) but I am rather tempted to do this, just for the sake of doing it.  That and to start my Sons of Dorn Expansion off on a good note as well as make and complete a 12 Months of Hobby for December.... let my see what I have got lying around here.  Vow, assemble and maybe prime tonight before getting into the painting tomorrow.

Congrats Grotsmasha on completing your model so quickly.

Ok here goes nothing.

I, Trokair, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base a Vespid Strain Leader for the honour of the Greater Good within the 24hrs time limit.

Luckily the spraying went ok despite the cold; otherwise I would be scrambling for another model while this guy (and his squad) would be back in the stripping tank.

gallery_29932_13461_9146.jpg

*sigh*

I've a whole 3000pts of Necrons needing paint, but they're all already assembled!

So, I guess I'll go with the first model I can find that's still on sprue:

I, Anticontrarian, accept the boxing day challenge and vow to Build, Paint and Base Ragnar Blackmane for the honour of the Space Wolves within the 24hrs time limit.

Ragnar Blackmane on-sprue

I probably should be working on the Lion,but he will understand that I have to rise to this challenge.

I, Lostrael, accept the Boxing Day Bash challenge and vow to build, paint, and base Ephrael Stern for the honour of the First Legion within the 24 hour limit.

gallery_86236_11073_80041.jpg

I, Jaxom, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base a unit of Nurglings for the honour of the Astra Militarum (Astra Nurgletarum?) within the 24hrs time limit.

dfYNxqTm.jpg?1

EDIT: I figured out those where the wrong bases from the Start Collecting box when I went to put them on; hence why any later photos will have smaller photos.

Edited by jaxom

fdfa5057-b41d-40c6-834c-841d765830b0.jpe

Usual quick fun blitz of these - nice to try a new Alpha Legion test scheme on some lovely models, great fun. Thanks again Grotsmasha!

(Few bits where my application of Contrast and tidying thereafter isn’t perfect when I look in detail - but there we go! Happy Boxing Day all!)

Edited by Chaeron

I, Slave to Darkness, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base one counts as Snikrot, one Blood Ake Kommando Nob and one Kommando for the honour of me, Warboss Krump and the Ork faction within the 24hrs time limit.

med_gallery_75911_16695_582917.jpg

I was gonna do the Dread but I got carried away yesterday and already built it. :lol:

I, Nexus17 accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base Gitsnicka and Orkiana Jonez for the honour of the Orkz within the 24hrs time limit.

AlWbsaID_o.jpg

Running it a bit fine (10 to midnight UK time) but here goes!

Edit: Had some issues with the image. Hopefully should work now.

Edited by Nexus17