Which warhammer game would people recommend?

welshrat

I've only played Mechanicus. It's fun, and the current release gives you a lot of dials to set the difficulty. It's a different take on 40K gaming - your main characters are each Tech-Priests, who work together adventuring-party style. Outside of a custom game of FFGs RPG, you wont find that kind of thing anywhere else in 40K games, to my knowledge.

I've played Mechanicus and Inquisitor: Martyr.

Mechanicus was fun and exceeded expectations.  I think it could be described as a Fantasy Flight Games boardgame, it's turn-based with some neat RPG choices.

Inquisitor: Martyr is imho more fun yet fell short of expectations.  Its biggest problem is that it's not 40k Diablo, it's like an action RPG/strategy game, it's very hard to describe, as it was very ambitious.  The story is seeped with 40k lore, they complain about Imperial bureaucracy, you meet a Freeblade, but it can be so plodding (the devs have actively re-balanced the game to make the action go faster, but it's still a long plot) that it turned off a lot of people...me included.  I'd play 1 mission in a campaign, then go and do painting.  However, it's the game I still return to.  And it's still giving me these free campaigns, like I'm still working on purging Dark Eldar I think.

To compare, I played Mechanicus for about 20+ hours and never picked it up again, I've got 100+ hours on Inquisitor: Martyr and I'll return to it from time to time.  This number is a little skewed because Inquisitor: Martyr is so long.  Watching a Let's Play is an especially good idea as they're both a little unconventional.

I cant give a good opinion on Inquisitor Martyr and Chaosbane, as I havent played either and I'm not into those genres.

Mechanicus rules though. It is easily one of the best 40k video games, and it really captures the essence of AdMech and Necrons well. I'd love an expansion that adds another race of enemies, or even a sequel that explores another faction. Only negative I can give is my favorite AdMech unit, Electro-priests, arent in it!

I cant give a good opinion on Inquisitor Martyr and Chaosbane, as I havent played either and I'm not into those genres.

Mechanicus rules though. It is easily one of the best 40k video games, and it really captures the essence of AdMech and Necrons well. I'd love an expansion that adds another race of enemies, or even a sequel that explores another faction. Only negative I can give is my favorite AdMech unit, Electro-priests, arent in it!

I'd love it if they expanded Mechanicus like that.