New Year, New Gang! - What are your 'munda plans for 2021?

Ranulf

With the new year fast approaching, it's time to start making all those resolutions about things in your life that you'd like to change - losing weight, quitting smoking, making a effort to get along with your in-laws...

...or you could commit your energy to something worthwhile - like painting up a new gang for Necromunda!

In my case, I've got a box of Palanite Enforcers and a sprue of Palanite Subjugators that have been nestled on the top of my pile of shame for a year.

2021. Will. Be. Their. Year. 

What are everyone's Necromunda plans for the coming year?

-Ran

'munda Project 1 - finish off a Chaos Cult using models from Blackstone Fortress, in honour of my friend who dressed up as Magnus the Red last Halloween.  She's a girl.

'munda Project 2 - Delaque gang that is actually Genestealer Hybrids hiding in plain sight.  It's about how Genestealer Hybrids, in a bad light from a distance, can pass as human?  Well, them and Delaque are all bald anyway...and they're good at hiding.  This is the one I really look forward to.

My plans for 21 are to get as much scenery as possible so I can have a great looking board. I may not build or paint much of it but that’s my plan. I’ll be playing with Cawdor and GSC I think. I may pick up uprising if I can spare the money for it but that’s not a priority right now. 

Me and the lads have been using Newcromunda as a sort of framework for campaigns set on homebrewed hive worlds - works surprisingly well! This year I wanna build and paint a fully pimped out Goliath gang for a dear friend of mine (The Magna-Boyz Inc. - a flashy, roided out company of mercs decked out in yellow, blue and chrome; a bunch of louts that slings drugs wherever they can) as well as a proper Delaque gang for meself once their book and extra kits hit the streets (Though here I plan to combine both Cawdor and Delaque kits to give them more of a medieval cyberpunk feel). Oh yeah, I should also probably finish my World Eater scheme Corpsegrinders sometime too.

For 'Munda, I really want to get all my Van Sar stuff painted up, seeing as my wife's awesome and got me the House of Artifice book, the new gang cards, and the Archaeotechs and Grav-cutters box (unfortunately the dice were not able to be acquired).

After that, the terrain, and the Palanite guys and Corpsegrinders...

I will be getting my Orlocks done.

Prior to Christmas, I did manage to install the magnets into their torsos. So next up is fitting the shoulder guards, followed by inserting lengths of paper clip into the arms so they'll click into place with the magnets.

Then it's painting time. I hope to have them done by the end of January.

As a grizzled old Orlock myself, I'm happy to see the road gangs getting a good showing!

Don't forget to post up your progress folks, hopefully between gentle encouragement and outright ribbing we can motivate each other to get those projects finished!

-Ran

Hail!

My 2021 projects are the following:

1) Finish 12 Van Saar gangers (assorted)

2) Finish 2 Ambots

3) Finish the Zone Mortalis Gang Stronghold that I got for Christmas

4) Finish the 4 Neotek Prospects and the 2 new Champions from the same box.

That is it. "Ought" to be manageable. 

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

I got a set of van Saar's in December, after finally ending my indecision. Anyone have any tips for a decent starting warband that can be made from the box?

Also, while I'm here, I read that the Necromunda Rulebooks is already outdated - is that hyperbole? What do I need to get all the rules for my Van saars? The main rulebook and House of Artifice? 

Edited by Xenith

I got a set of van Saar's in December, after finally ending my indecision. Anyone have any tips for a decent starting warband that can be made from the box?

Here's what Goonhammer suggest:

Out-of-the-Box 1000-Credit Van Saar Gang

This gang gets right at what Van Saar are good at: launching highly accurate and/or powerful ranged attacks from far away. It’s not super inventive or surprising, but we’re working with what the box gives us, and it will be easy for a newer player to get to terms with only having three weapon profiles to worry about. It’s tempting to load up a Van Saar leader with a Combi-Weapon, a shield, armor and a combat weapon, but then you’re looking at a starting leader worth more than 300 credits. And when your individual gangers each weigh in at 65 credits, it might be best to keep things cheap and effective.

1. Leader (Trick Shot): Plasma Gun, Laspistol, Mesh Armor, Bodyglove [250]
  2. Champion (Fast Shot): Plasma Gun, Mesh Armor, Bodyglove [225]
  3. Champion (Hip Shooting): Plasma Pistol (2x), Mesh Armor, Bodyglove [225]
  4. Ganger: Lasgun, Bodyglove [75]
  5. Ganger: Lasgun, Bodyglove [75]
  6. Ganger: Lasgun, Bodyglove [75]
  7. Ganger: Lasgun, Bodyglove [75]

Also, while I'm here, I read that the Necromunda Rulebooks is already outdated - is that hyperbole? What do I need to get all the rules for my Van saars? The main rulebook and House of Artifice? 

As far as I know, you need the main rulebook and House of Artifice. I'm sure an old-timer will be around shortly to correct this if need be.

To my knowledge, that's correct. The Gangs of the Underhive still has all the generic weapons, as well as generic Hangers-on and Brutes iirc

You only need the Core Rulebook and House of Artifice though. The "rulebook is already outdated" was from the original release of Necromunda, which had so many FAQs and Erratas the rulebook that came in the original Necro18 starter set (Goliaths v Escher) was outdated. The current one is fine.

Thanks both, super helpful! I did read the Goonhammer article and will likely use that gang as a basis for my own.

the rulebook that came in the original Necro18 starter set (Goliaths v Escher) was outdated. The current one is fine.

Great to know! I'm on the fence about dark uprising, love the terrain and need the book, dont care for the gangs. Might be able to pass them on.

Thanks both, super helpful! I did read the Goonhammer article and will likely use that gang as a basis for my own.

the rulebook that came in the original Necro18 starter set (Goliaths v Escher) was outdated. The current one is fine.

Great to know! I'm on the fence about dark uprising, love the terrain and need the book, dont care for the gangs. Might be able to pass them on.

Dark Uprising comes with a completely different rulebook. It has campaigns exclusive to it (namely, the Uprising campaign, which is required to use the special rules in Book of Ruin), and doesn't have the Dominion Campaign.

So putting together a gang on Yaktribe, I got this which I think looks ok:

Prime - Energy shield, plasma pistol, laspistol, mesh armour, overseer/Hip shooting

Autek - plasma gun, mesh armour, trick shot,

Autek - plasma pistol, las pistol, esh armour, hip shooting

Tek - Lasgun

Tek - Lasgun

Tek - Lasgun

Tek - Lasgun

Subtek (Juve) - 2x laspistol

1000 creds on the nose. 

How does that look?

The Prime could get a plasma gun instead of the pistol and shield, but I want to make friends. Juve is there to eat bullets and coup de gras. 

Edited by Xenith