Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Using imperial knights as chaos knights?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

dice4thedicegod

dice4thedicegod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 802 posts
Just starting to build a knight force (including models that could hopefully be fielded as either imperial or chaos). I have a valiant (/tyrant) and I’m wondering if any chaos ‘questoris’ models I add would look better as actual chaos knight models or generic imperial ones?

I like the looks of the chaos knight but as I’d like to field the “imperial” models (I.e. valiant/tyrant) as part of a chaos force without any big conversions (will probably just change some base items to distinguish between chaos and imperial) I’m wondering if I should keep all the models “clean looking” in order to keep a consistent look. Or will people raise eyebrows at knights that aren’t conspicuously chaotic being used as despoilers/rampagers ?

As an example: WIP changing base decorations:
1090570_sm-.jpeg
  • Xenith likes this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,799 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Could say they have recently turned to Chaos, just because your a Traitor doesnt mean you have to cover yourself in spikes and severed heads. 

• Karhedron and dice4thedicegod like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Azekai

Azekai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,056 posts
  • Faction: Warp Locusts, Traitor Guard
I think covering the model in spikes and severed heads is part of the allure of Chaos as a faction, haha!

But your solution certainly works too.
  • dice4thedicegod likes this

Corruption is our armor. Infection is our weapon. Immortality is our reward.

gallery_48988_13169_3872.pngETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_LATD.jCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01e.jpggallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pnggallery_63428_7083_8312.png3DrnTQ5.png

dice4thedicegod

dice4thedicegod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 802 posts
Thanks guys! Decided to go all in with the ‘normal’ knights!

dice4thedicegod

dice4thedicegod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 802 posts
Building up a supply of models to use on the bases.

Figure I can use daemons when they are infernal, CSM or cultist when iconoclast, marines when imperialis and need to lay my hands on a few skitarii for mechanicus:)

Built and painted two warglaives and a castellen over the last week. The lance is taking shape!

1091697_sm-.jpeg
  • Focslain likes this

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,960 posts

A great solution to an expensive problem!

Not all Chaos taint is external. Look at some Slaanesh followers, for instance. 

Incidentally, I'm looking at Chaos knights, which is your favourite game-wise of the big guys, the Valiant or the Castellan?

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_58096_14832_1808.gifgallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pnggallery_58096_13272_607.pngXX\

dice4thedicegod

dice4thedicegod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 802 posts

A great solution to an expensive problem!

Not all Chaos taint is external. Look at some Slaanesh followers, for instance.

Incidentally, I'm looking at Chaos knights, which is your favourite game-wise of the big guys, the Valiant or the Castellan?

I’m still building and haven’t gotten them on the table yet. So this is just theory hammer:

To me, to make a castellen work well it looks like you probably need to be a loyalist mechanicus with cold eradication wt and cawls wrath relic. (Second best maybe infernal, with endless torment custom household and daemonic surges... but it’s a lot worse than the mechanicus)

The knight valiant looks best as either:
- loyalist imperialis with relic flamer
- infernal so you can daemonic surge flamer up to S8 and D3.

Also, they look to have a bit of a different positioning role - backfield versus midfield . So which is best depends on what your other knights will be doing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users