Books/Codexes Needed to Pick Up SW's Again

ChainsawDR

Hi all,

Returning to 40k and my beloved Space Wolves after a long hiatus (6th Edition was my last game). I'm trying to get back up to speed and hoping to ask what books/codexes are needed to do so. Obviously the core 40k rule book is needed (on order), as is the SW Codex Supplement (I have this), and the Space Marines codex (out of stock everywhere at the moment), but I'm not sure if anything else is needed.

I ask the question in part because many options such as vanilla Rune Priests & Wolf Priests are not in the latest codex supplement (they're also not on battlescribe as far as I can tell), but I'm seeing them in Army lists, so know I must be missing something. Any advice/information would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance

Dean

Edited by ChainsawDR

Space Wolves use a lot of the marine data sheets now. Basically the chaplain and librarian options gain the wolf priest or rune priest keyword when you select them. The new dreadnought options also show up in the core marine book. So besides the marine codex you have everything you need.

I'd recommend reading the marine codex review and space wolf supplement review at goonhammer they have alot of good information and highlight alot of the stratagems you'll use.

No problem, I'd also recommend looking at some of the battle reports that TiguriusX posted. They use tabletop simulator which does a good job of showing how much terrain you need, and how to approach the missions from chapter approved which I wouldn't recommend buying at this point.

Edit: I should have elaborated on why terrain is so important, the game is very offense driven now compared to 5th and 6th. Obscuring terrain and other terrain that blocks line of sight is a must it's fun once you get used to it, but even with 2 wounds marines feel more fragile than they used too.

Edited by Jorin Helm-splitter