New player in World Eaters

Leif

Good afternoon

I have finally taken the step to be able to get started in the World Eaters after many months of collecting models. I currently have the following troops

Rhino

6 Rapaxes / Warp Talons

20 Chaos Space Marines

1 Exalted Champion

I was thinking of getting a new Battleforce to continue with the army. Is this a good choice? Is it known if there will be an upcoming renewal of this army?

For over 2 decades, Chaos Lords, Bezerkers in Rhinos, and assault-oriented Chaos Dreadnoughts, er Helbrutes, have been good World Eaters units (even before World Eaters had their own rules). The Maulerfiend has also been a solid World Eater unit since its introduction in 2012. So you might want to start with some of those units.

All other Chaos assault-oriented units such as Chaos Terminators, Mutilators, Defilers, Bikers, etc. have gone up or down as their rules change with various editions. Today's hot WE unit, like Red Butchers terminators, could be the next edition's dud unit

Hopefully Chaos gets a new codex in the first half of next year.

Good luck choosing units!

First and foremost, you must get Khârn.  After that, get some berzerkers, 20 would give you enough to run 2 full squads.  Add another Rhino (or 2).  Dont bother with obliterators as we dont have access to Endless Cacophany strat.  I'd probably get 10 terminators as well.  After that it's all personal preference.  I love demon engines, so I have a couple disco lords and venomcrawlers, and a forgefiend/maulerfiend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jump packs/wings, deep striking or keeping up.

Dark Apostles are almost a non-starter for the upfield/quickest/assaultiest units. Any turn they’re not on the table is a turn they’re not buffing anything.