Suggestions for Sisters of Battle Starter Force?

dublindawg

My son finally got interested in playing 40k after a couple of years of playing Legion. I played a little when 8th came out and prior to that I played from 4th thru 6th ed. Since my son has started a primaris army I figured I would start a new force and saw the pending box set for the Sisters. So far I have ordered a Canoness and a box of Zephyrim. What should I add next?

Yep- the troop box is awesome because it can build celestians or doms.

If you get two boxes, build one as troops so you can make the Patrol detachment and get your CP refunded. The second, you might consider building as 5 Celestians and 5 doms; Celestians body guard rule will protect Cannoness from snipers. Doms with Storm bolters can use the blessed bolts strat.

Retributors are hot this edition, but if you hold off for the box, you can get a Palatine, Rets and an Immo for a discount- especially if one or the other of you plays Dark Eldar.

I will leave more experience fraters (sisters?) here to advise the best setups for Battle Sisters Squads, but you definitely want at least 3x5 of them. 

The sculpts are amazing, but not as interchangeable as traditional/non-Primaris SM/IG kits are. Even so, if you get creative you can stretch each box out to make 2x5 Troops squads. Just put unique heads on the Sister Superior and some slight knife work can put a chainsword or sheathed sword on a model as well. I also used the backpack-with-sheathed-chainsword bit from the standalone Canoness kit to make another Superior out of the box. 

So far this is the list that I am toying with for a patrol size force:

Canoness with powwr sword and plasma pistol

2x5 battle sisters with heavy flamer, melta gun, Superior with power sword and plasma pistol.

1x5 Zephyrim squad

1x5 Dominion squad armed with melta guns

1 Rhino

This comes in at 25PL 528 points. If I were to expand what should I go for next? What changes should I consider on the above. So fsr I only have the Canoness and 3 battle sisters built so I have the flexability to make changes before its too late.