Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Of ghosts and lampreys (a warp ghosts and allies wip log)

warp ghosts sarum hellforge chaos undivided chaos space marines conversions dark mechanicum

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,504 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Might as well green stuff a fleshy growth upon the Warpsmith's backpack, to go with his leech-like head and the face on his breastplate. Tentacle-like mechatendrils look "wrong," and thus, are perfectly appropriate for the Warpsmith.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

YannTheMad

YannTheMad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts

@Bjorn Firewalker

It will probably be a fleshy growth ^^ Still not sure about the tendrils tho...

Anyway

I didn't had a lot of time with the confinement/job overtime/family, but here's what I've done new so far

full_007-im-c36f2da9-2774-4d17-b68b-4ad7

full_007-im-d570f17c-4ac2-42ab-a2e6-585b

I'm still pretty happy with it. The robe has been a bitch the make but I think it will looke great when it'll be painted.

Let me know what you  guys think

Stay safe

• Azekai and CyderPirate like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,504 posts
The hose leading to the mouth of the face on the Warpsmith's breastplate, reminds me of those a "death stench" biological weapon infected, in Ito Junji's horror manga Gyo. Did Nurgle bless the Warpsmith?
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

space wolf

space wolf

++ FEROX IMPERCEPTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,280 posts
  • Faction: Getting back into it

Absolutely wicked!  Well done!

Its, "space wolf," not "Space Wolf," or "SPACE WOLF," or "spacewolf" I'm the only Astartes cool enough to spell his name without capital letters! But if you're feeling decorous, you may add a "THE" in front of it.

- THE space wolf

Truescale Nightlords

My Ultramarines Roman Style

Kaiju Soze

Kaiju Soze

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 42 posts
  • Faction: Chaos Renegades, Space Wolves
I, personally, am a fan of mechatendrils for CSM; they tie in better with the look of power scourges and laser tendrils on other miniatures.

YannTheMad

YannTheMad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts

Little weekly update

I'm quite happy with the robotic/prosthetic arm. I'll add a robe sleeve and a combi-bolter (angelbane?) to the other ''regular'' arm.

full_007-im-b6d966b6-4017-48dc-bc17-9f84

full_007-im-538cb4f2-b29b-4059-8898-aa75

full_007-im-aba9aa40-09d6-4454-8418-8a4c

I tought about it and I'm gonna make both tendrils and servoarms. The melee ones will be centiped like tendrils (Or I'll try to make it centiped like...). The two lower ones will be the melta and flamer mounted on servoarms

• Givemead likes this

YannTheMad

YannTheMad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts

God I'm slow...

But here it is, my first mechatendril

full_007-im-81e4db3e-cf8b-42b4-b904-aaee

full_007-im-80b84538-5838-4e2e-b33d-2fcb

full_007-im-9c9073e6-b362-42aa-bbad-11c2

I still need to do alot of work on the fleshy hump (And three tentacles obviously...) But the warpsmith iis almost done

Let me know what you guys think, it actually means a lot to me

• Doghouse, RolandTHTG, Azekai and 2 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,504 posts
Is the mechatendril from a third party?
  • YannTheMad likes this

YannTheMad

YannTheMad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts

Is the mechatendril from a third party?

No,

It's made of plasticard... It needs some more details but I'm quite happy with it segmented look. I personnaly am not a fan of the classic rollmaker mechatendrils

Kaiju Soze

Kaiju Soze

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 42 posts
  • Faction: Chaos Renegades, Space Wolves
That mechatendril looks fantastic, but incredibly fiddly to make.
  • YannTheMad likes this

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,032 posts

Fantastic stuff, you've done a great job on the Mechatendril and the green stuff is really nice. I especially like the bionics, your steady pace is really paying off. :tu:

• YannTheMad likes this

Truescale MKIII Tutorial

Syrakul

Syrakul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 313 posts
That is fantastic plasticard work there, kudos on building from scratch. The claw at the end especially with all the joints looks great, and properly dark-mech.

Feels like he should be holding something in his hand that he is pondering and prying at with the mecha arm?

Also now it seems he needs more on the other side of his back to balance it out.

I know you now have an aesthetic from your scratch built arm to match, but have you considered talos/cronos arms? That kit is a goldmine for dark mech

Edited by Syrakul, 16 February 2021 - 06:03 PM.

• YannTheMad likes this

YannTheMad

YannTheMad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts

Thanks a lot mates

That is fantastic plasticard work there, kudos on building from scratch. The claw at the end especially with all the joints looks great, and properly dark-mech.

Feels like he should be holding something in his hand that he is pondering and prying at with the mecha arm?

Also now it seems he needs more on the other side of his back to balance it out.

I know you now have an aesthetic from your scratch built arm to match, but have you considered talos/cronos arms? That kit is a goldmine for dark mech

So yeah, the claw is going to hold a damaged necron warrior head. I think that an heretek would have a keen interest into necrontyr tech...

There will be 3 other mechatendrils/servoarms. 2 on each side of the fleshy growth.

And I'm aware of the little talos arms ;-) but I have another project for them

full_007-im-b937b1c2-9f94-49a6-abd0-3146

Should have more to show soon 

Stay safe guys

• Givemead likes this

YannTheMad

YannTheMad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts

So,

Here's an update of my progress so far

The second mechatendril is finish, so to speak

full_007-im-9582af69-235a-492c-824f-56ee

And here is the fleshy growth so far, it while still grow a little bigger when the two other ''limbs'' will be add

full_007-im-43f6ea49-b3b6-4607-991c-68d4

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

Stay safe

• Sagentus and Kaiju Soze like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: warp ghosts, sarum hellforge, chaos undivided, chaos space marines, conversions, dark mechanicum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users