Canoness loadout

Dread

I searched for a post on this but didnt find one so. I got the new canoness model and ready to assemble her. Load out wise im thinking inferno pustol and blessed blade. Is there another load out anyone feels would be better and why? Thanks

I searched for a post on this but didnt find one so. I got the new canoness model and ready to assemble her. Load out wise im thinking inferno pustol and blessed blade. Is there another load out anyone feels would be better and why? Thanks

From looking around the competitive scene the combat version is usually a bloody rose with beneficence and the reroll to wound trait. You can also put the null rod on that to deter psychic powers while still keeping it cheap.

I go Valorous Heart (counts-as) and my main Iron Lady is:

Canoness

-Blessed Blade

-Inferno pistol

-Relic: ​Iron Surplice of Saint Istaela : Sv2+ and see below

-WLT: Impervious to Pain (Valorous Heart specific) 5+++

Gives you decent damage output with the potential D:8 from the inferno pistol shot + D:2 from the Blessed Blade, but most importantly gets you 2+/4++/5+++ with To Wound rolls of 1,2, or 3 always failing, and with Valorous Heart she ignores AP-1 or AP-2 if near an Imagifier. Makes a tough little cookie out of "just" a S3 T3 model. 

I'm sure there are other crunchier builds out there, especially from Bloody Rose because they're the Mean Girls these days. 

For a more buff-centric build, I also had* :

Canoness:

-Power Sword

-Plasma pistol

-Rod of Office: +3" to re-roll 1's To Hit abilities

-Relic: Book of St. Lucia (extends range of aura abilities +3")

-WLT: either Indomitable Belief (+1 to Invuln saves in 6") or Beacon of Faith (+1 Miracle Dice per Battle Round)

So that gets you a heckuva castle gal, with 9" bubble of +1 to Invuln and 12" bubble of re-rolls. Of note, due to wonky rules wording* you must take a power sword AND plasma pistol (and no other configuration) to unlock the Rod of Office. 

*because the limited edition Canoness model that came with the boxed set in 2019 was built that way

I also plan on eventually making a witch-huntress build just for fun as a hobby project and to run as an Inquisitor down the road

Canoness

-Condemnor boltgun

-Brazier of Holy Fire

Yea the rod canonness is pretty great for buffing, but I feel like the imagifier is used instead as its already handing out the key ignore -1 and the range boost and the +1 invul work very well together.

There's also the generic melee canoness of blade of admonition+reroll to wound trait. Is slightly pricy compared to beneficience, but still cranks out the damage and is str 5 to put you in one of the best strength brackets in the game.

I'm in 3 camps for the Cannones:

- murderclown w/ bloody rose relic chainsword and wl-trait

- miracle dice factory w/ Beacon of faith inside the chapel

- blessed blade and inferno pistol. These weapons are too cool and can't be passed up. The sword makes her surprisingly killy in melee and the pistol... It's so iconic. It's so cheap. It's so deliciously destructive. 8 damage out of nowhere really scares the pants off opponents. But at what cost?? Iirc 70.

You can do chainsword and pretty much everything but rod of command.

The only reason to not take the inferno pistol with bloody rose is imo that you'd want to advance and use Holy Rage to charge. But I can also see it being great value for shooting big things before hitting them with the relic.