=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

This might look like a touch of déjà vu after Halandaar's post. I think our Sisters orders might be sister orders!

Pledge complete, 5 seraphim of the order of the Repentant Heart, took me longer than expected, but still managed to finish them off in time!

aG9Aebe.jpg

2iXPic0.jpg

Great minds eh! Love the marble-style effect!

Pledge complete: 2nd Squad, 1 Platoon, 1st company of the 142nd Regiment painted up and ready for deployment:

UQX5FES.png

Gs1anIw.png

And for March, as is my usual style: 1st Squad, 2 Platoon, 1st company

I, Thomoski, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of March pledge to complete 10x Cadian Infantry by month's end.

jAuTr3c.png

Feb's been a long month, depsite being the shortest somehow?

Edited by Thomoski

Ok, for those who participated in last years Campaign, The Reclamation of the Inviolate Rage Campaign Summary is up.

I would like to thank all of you for participating in the Campaign, and apologise for not being able to finish it up correctly. Hopefully I've fairly represented each Factions intentions and wishes, without (too much) of my own bias. 

February Summary

The second month of 2021 saw several new Frater taking up the Challenge, and pledging for February. A total of 37 Frater took up the Challenge, with 36 managing to Complete their vows, with just one earning the Next Month Badge for February. Together the 36 Frater pledged 233 models, managing to complete 215 of those models.

I have streamlined awarding the Badges a little compared to previous years, and have begun adding Badges in the first post of each Month as they are earned. Please feel free to add them to your Signatures as you see them appear each month.

gallery_48988_15094_1196.png gallery_48988_15094_792.png gallery_48988_15094_4290.png gallery_48988_15094_7590.png gallery_48988_15094_6770.png sml_gallery_48988_16821_4352.png gallery_48988_15094_4190.png

andes (Artificer)

Ace Debonair

Azaiel (Artificer)

Brother Argent (Last Minute, Seriously)

Chaplain Dosjetka (Artificer, Last Minute, Speed Daemon)

Cleon (Seriously)

Dwango (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Etheneus (Artificer, Seriously)

Focslain (Artificer, Seriously)

Gederas (Speed Daemon, Artificer, Seriously)

Givemead (Artificer Last Minute,, Seriously)

Gore Crow (Seriously)

Grotsmasha (Artificer, Seriously)

guardian31 (Artificer)

Halandaar (Artificer, Seriously)

Jaipii (Artificer, Last Minute)

Jaxom (Artificer, Last Minute)

Jolemai (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

LameBeard (Artificer, Last Minute)

Lienna (Artificer, Seriously)

lokkorex (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously, Stubborn)

Lord Ikka (Artificer, Seriously)

Majkhel (Artificer)

Miek (Artificer, Seriously)

Rogue (Artificer)

Skidman (Last Minute, Seriously)

Skywrath (Artificer, Speed Daemon, Seriously)

Slaves to Darkness (Seriously)

SufficientAnonymity (Artificer, Seriously)

the_balloon_dog (Artificer, Seriously)

The_Chaplain (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

ThePenitentOne (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Thomoski (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

toaae (Stubborn, Artificer)

TPS (Artificer, Seriously)

Trokair (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

gallery_48988_15094_7152.png

mactire

gallery_48988_15094_4190.png

Another month with a very difficult decision for the month's Favourite (honourable mention to Lienna's Seraphim), but in the end, it was Jaipii's excellent Raven Guard Company Veteran that has claimed the February Favourite Badge.

gallery_197938_16113_25584.jpg

Hidden Content

med_gallery_197938_16113_589673.jpgmed_gallery_197938_16113_317769.jpg

med_gallery_197938_16113_305597.jpgmed_gallery_197938_16113_468868.jpg

Edited by Grotsmasha

Right, because Im a total masochist when it comes to painting- Im vowing the following models for March: Roboute Guilliman, Marneus Calgar and his 2 Victrix guard, chief librarian Tigurius, a primaris librarian, Liutenant Calsius, and an ork warboss on bike.

https://flic.kr/p/2kFL3P6

Skip to a month...

March

gallery_48988_15094_4883.png

The following award badges are up for grabs this month,

sml_gallery_48988_15094_2322.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_5489.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_1612.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_6343.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_6481.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_1868.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_5238.png

There is also a badge for those who wish to make a pledge for years end, a slow burn model or project to work on through out the year,

sml_gallery_48988_16821_3192.png

and for those who don't complete their pledge this month,

sml_gallery_48988_15094_1273.png

There are Bronze, Silver, and Gold versions of these badges to be awarded to those who earn the same badge multiple times. There is also a Platinum version of each badge available to anyone who earns the same badge for all 12 months, even the Next Month badge :wink: .

Participating

Vowed, No pic

Vowed, with pic

Complete

List of Participants

AGPO -

andes - 3 Vertus Praetors (Artificer, Seriously)

Ace Debonair - 1 Poxwalker

Axineton -

Azaiel - 1 Megatrakk Scrapjet

Brother Argent - 5 Immortals, 6 Terrain pieces, 4 Deathguard Marines (Artificer, Seriously)

Cleon - 10 Blood Angel Tactical Marines (Artificer, Seriously)

Dosjetka - 1 Esher Juve, 1 Esher Champion, 1 Mantis Warrior (Artificer, Speed Daemon, Last Minute)

Dwango - 10 Intersessors, 5 Hellblasters (Artificer, Seriously)

Etheneus - 1 Commissar, 1 Company Commander, 4 Guardsmen (Artificer, Speed Daemon, Seriously)

Focslain - 1 Knight Preceptor, 1 Moirax Armiger (Artificer, Seriously)

Gederas - 1 Intercessor (Speed Daemon), 9 Assault Intercessors (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Givemead - Fabius Bile, Surgeon Acolyte, 1 Brother Nathaniel (deceased) (Artificer)

Gore Crow - 10 Breachers (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Grotsmasha - Uriel Ventris, 1 Vertus Praetor, Rein and Raus, 4 Ur-ghuls (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

guardian31 - 2 Intercessors, 1 Assault Intercessor (Artificer)

Halandaar - 1 Canoness, 5 Zephyrim, 5 Battle Sisters

Heraclite - 1 Inceptor, 3 Scenery pieces, 3 Agressors, 1 Gravis Captain, (Artificer, Speed Daemon, Seriously)

Jaipii - 1 Bladeguard Veteran, 1 Bladeguard Veteran (Artificer, Last Minute)

Jaxom - 6 Heresy DA Legionaires, 5 Intercessors (Artificer, Seriously)

Jolemai - 1 Contemptor Dreandought, 1 Dreadnought, 5 Scouts, 1 Tactical Marine, 6 Necromunda Gangers (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

LameBeard - HH Dark Angel (Artificer)

Lienna - 5 Celestians (Artificer, Seriously)

lokkorex -

Lord Ikka - 2 Taurox Primes (Artificer, Seriously)

Llygos_Tyrant - Captain Cato Sicarius, 1 Ultramarine Librarian, 1 Ultramarine Tactical Marine Sergeant, 1 Sergeant Telion, 5 Ultramarine Scouts (Last Minute, Seriously)

mactire -

Majkhel - 2 Death Company Intercessors, 1 Bladeguard Veteran, 1 Bladeguard Veteran, 1 Impulsor (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Miek - 1 Ghost / Doomsday Ark, 1 Tesseract Ark (Artificer, Seriously)

Ockland - 1 Intercessor, 4 Spindle Drones, 9 Intercessors (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Razhabyuul -

Rogue - 5 Neophytes (Artificer, Seriously)

Sabadin - Canoness Veridyan

Skidman - 1 Sergeant, 1 Siege Breaker, 3 Quad Rapiers, 6 Rapier Crew, 20 Iron Havocs (10 missile launchers, 10 heavy flamers) (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Skywrath - 1 Contemptor Dreadnought, 5 Psilencer Purgation Squad, Castellan Crowe, Kaldor Draigo

Slaves to Darkness - 1 Living Ancestor, 2 Bikes, 1 Legion of the Damned Chaplain, 1 Legion of the Damned, 1 Khorne Ork Warboss, 1 Khorne Squat Hearthguard, 1 Chaos Spawn, 1 Legion of the Damned, 2 Rhinos, 1 Dreadnought (Last Minute, Seriously)

SufficientAnonymity - The Triumph of St Katherine (7) (Artificer, Seriously)

the_balloon_dog - 1 McFarlane Intercessor (Artificer, Seriously)

The_Chaplain - Roboute Guilliman, Marneus Calgar, 2 Victrix guard, Chief Librarian Tigurius, Liutenant Calsius, 1 Ork Warboss on bike, 1 Primaris Librarian (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

ThePenitentOne - 6 Drukhari Wyches

Thomoski - 10 Guardsmen

toaae - Makari (Artificer, Last Minute)

TPS - 5 Sisters of Silence, 1 Spartan Assault Tank (Artificer, Seriously)

Trokair - 1+ Adepta Sororitas, 1 Deathwatch Astartes (Last Minute)

Plogging Along Pledges for 2021

AGPO - 1+ Celestial Lions

Axineton - 10 Intercessors

Brother Argent - 2 Ryza Pattern Sprues, Thermic Plasma Conduits, 2 Thermic Plasma Regulators, 2 Haemotrope Reactors, Alchomite Stack, Imperial Objectives, 2 Galvannic Servo Haulers and Crane, Galvannc Magnavent, 3 Ruined Buildings, Fuel Pipes, Thermo Exchanger Shrine, Aegis Defence Line

Cleon - Imperial Knight Castellan

Dwango - Lion El Jonson, Primarch of the 1st

Fenrykus - 10 Sternguard marines

Focslain - Imperial Outpost (2 Gang Strongholds, 1 Bastion, 1 Skyshield Pad)

Gederas - Lion El'Jonson, Sire of the Dark Angels (FEB), Lion El'Jonson at Thramas (display model), Praetor (Terminator Armour), Legion Praetor Tribune, Primus Medicae in Cataphractii Terminator Armour, Praetor in Cataphractii Armour, Legion Praetor, Legion Praetor in Cataphractii Armour, Leviathan Dreadnought, 20 Mark II Tactical Legionaires, 20 Mark II Assault Legionaires, 30 Mark IV Tactical Legionaires, 30 Mark III Tactical Legionaires, 5 Mellta Tactical Support Legionaires, 5 PlasmaTactical Support Legionaires, 5 FlamerTactical Support Legionaires, 10 Tartaros Terminators, 1 Nephilim Jetfighter

Heraclite - 3 Scenery pieces (MAR)

Jolemai - 9 Necromunda Gangers (MAR), 19 Necromunda Gangers

Lienna - 1+ Adepta Sororitas

Lord Ikka - 20 lasrifle Solar Auxilia infantry, 20 volkite Solar Auxilia infantry, 2 Solar Auxilia Command sections, 2 Taurox Primes, 1 slightly converted Corvus Blackstar

Majkhel - 1 Storm Raven

Skidman - 2 Knight Titans

The_Chaplain - 50 Warriors, 5 Lychguard, 5 Gauss Immortals, 5 Triarch Praetorians, 6 Skorpekh Destroyers, 1 Skorpekh Lord, 2 Overlords, 1 Royal Warden, 1 Technomancer, 1 Plasmancer, 2 Crypto Thralls, 3 Ophydian Destroyers, 3 Canoptek Wraiths, 1 Canoptek Spyder, 1 Hexmark Destroyer, 1 Triarch Stalker, 1 Illuminor Szeras, 1 Void Dragon, 1 Silent King, 1 Tesseract Ark, 1 Doomsday Ark, 1 Night Scythe Bomber, 1 Catacomb Command Barge

ThePenitentOne - 18 15" Board Tiles, additional terrain pieces

TPS - 1 Magos, 5 Castellax, 3 Thallax, 10 Secutarii Hoplites, Thanatar, 1 Chaos Knight

Trokair - 1+ Adepta Sororitas

Participants on the Randomizer List

Chaplain Dosjetka:

Grotsmasha: Blood Angel Successor, or Adeptus Custodes.

mactire:

the_ballon_dog: Deathwatch or Craftworld Eldar / Harlequins

TPS: Agents of the Imperium, or Heresy Blood Angels

Edited by Grotsmasha

I declare my February vow complete. I finished 8 Sisters. Picture will come in the morning when it is light. I really need to get back into the habit of not procrastinating and rushing at the end.

There has been some wonderful models this month from you all that I spotted from time to time when, so I am going to go and have a look what everybody has done in case I have missed anything.

Edit: picture in daylight.

gallery_29932_13153_61580.jpg

Edited by Trokair

I, Slave to Darkness , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of March pledge to complete 1 Khorne Ork Warboss, 1 Khorne Squat Hearthguard, 1 Chaos Spawn, 2 Legion of the Damned and finish off 2 Rhinos by month's end. med_gallery_75911_16900_980101.jpg

Going to finish basing my Custodian Guardian squad tonight/tommorow and put them up for this month's vow.

For March, I'm returning to my roots as a Grey Knight and vow the following:

=][= Grey Knights =][=

1. Contemptor Dreadnought conversion to a Grey Knight with most arm options. Combat Claw, Melta, Lascannon, Missile launcher.

* - With the caveat that he arrives this month. Yes, I know Grey Knights don't have contemptors, but I am proxying him as a Venerable dreadnought.

2. 5m Psilencer Purgation Squad

3. Castellan Crowe

4. Kaldor Draigo (from way back, just need to base him, shade him)

Edited by Skywrath

I, Miek, for the month of March pledge to complete a ghost ark/doomsday ark and a tesseract ark by month's end.

Both are pretty advanced; I'll post pics later. The TA needs a pilot and its weapons (not printed yet, will be gauss) and the GA needs some work on several bits. The doomsday canon is not really started.

It's modest, but I'm not particularly enjoying these paint jobs so the extra motivation from this event is quite welcome.

Edit: Pics, as promised:

gallery_225534_16617_351349.jpg

gallery_225534_16617_248808.jpg

Edited by Miek

I, Troakir, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of March pledge to complete at least 1 Sister of Battle from my Plodding Along vow by month's end.

In addition to the three sister superiors in the below picture I will also attempt to build and paint Brynjarr, my current character in a Deathwatch RPG game here on the B&C as well as a model for my locals stores upcoming paining competition. I thinking he will be some kind of Mortal Chaos general in fancy armour.

gallery_29932_13153_75489.jpg

I, ThePenitentOne, pledge to paint this nascent Wych Cult in March of 2021:

The First Cult

This is one of two Wych Cults competing for a place in a realspace raid. They must win their Wych Weapons in the arena; they earn their Hekatrix in the Arena and they win more bikes by racing. This Cult is atypical in many ways; it is disproportionately male, and all of the men are wearing faceless helmets.

If I get them done fast enough, I might try to finish their competition this month too. Hoping for an Arena fight between these two Cults in April.

February vow completed! :biggrin.: One Space Marine Company Veteran of the Raven Guard chapter.

I ended up having a hurry, because I contracted the aforementioned Covid-virus. I was really sick for more than a week and only last week I can say I've been really ok. Now feeling better!

The Company Veteran has been kitbashed together from Primaris legs and Firstborn bits. The head I found from the Dark Angels Primaris upgrade sprue. I'll be back for the March vow later!

Nice to see so many painted figures here! :thumbsup:

-Jaipii

gallery_197938_16113_25584.jpg

med_gallery_197938_16113_589673.jpgmed_gallery_197938_16113_317769.jpg

med_gallery_197938_16113_305597.jpgmed_gallery_197938_16113_468868.jpg

February vow completed! :biggrin.: One Space Marine Company Veteran of the Raven Guard chapter.

Glad you're feeling better. Beautiful work on this model, both the kitbash and the painting. Somber and introspective.

Edited by andes

Sorry Brothers, February has been a washout for me. Between work and my local GAA club, I'm not going to make it. I will pledge again for March and finish off February's as well, if that's OK. Well done everyone on the work completed so far.