=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

These are just gorgeous! Grim dark but vibrant as religious militants should be! :D

Starting to struggle to keep up the pace. *looks at pile of painted guard, scythe figures, dnd miniatures*. Can't think why. Also my light box broke so photos are a bit blurry this month.

Regardless, vow complete!ZcRM9h6.jpg

My march vow is finished! Because I still have some time left I will pledge a second model for this month :wink:

Bladeguard Veteran of the Raven Guard chapter finished!
gallery_197938_16113_283025.jpg

More pictures behind here:

gallery_197938_16113_57006.jpg
gallery_197938_16113_34708.jpgmed_gallery_197938_16113_49342.jpgmed_gallery_197938_16113_30099.jpgmed_gallery_197938_16113_5576.jpggallery_197938_16113_32192.jpg

{ By the end of March I vow to finish a 2nd Bladeguard Veteran of the Raven Guard chapter. }

med_gallery_197938_16354_552290.jpg Edited by Jaipii

Well, I finally have a day off I can do painting :laugh.: Life's been hectic this month

I, Gederas, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of March pledge to complete at 10 Assault Intercessors (Emperor's Spears) by month's end.

No picture as I forgot to take one before I started to paint them (almost forgot to POST that they're vowed this month today :laugh.:)

Edited by Gederas

And that's it for my plogging along vow :

qBHI2Fql.jpg

While I'm at it, I will add all terrain from conquest (even the issues I haven't received yet, to my plogging along vow for the full year, I'll try to post pictures of those once they drop)

I won't be vowing many minis for now. I'm waiting for some magnets to magnetize all my bases, and will only prime the batch of models I built recently once it's done.

Estimates point to a mid april delivery date, so maybe I'll have something to vow next month!

I say I seem to hit a bit of a brick wall chaps, I started painting this jolly nice Legion of the Damned Chaplain and I cant think for the life of me what colour to paint his tabard, Im afraid Im in a bit of a pickle... 

*Ahem*

Yeah I started putting the base colours down for the flames and the bone and I used a Templars tabard for my conversion that I usually just paint bone then wash and highlight, but I think this will be too much considering he has a flaming skull for a head and bones painted on his armour.. Im not sure if I should just leave it black for that super spooky dark vibe or not. Im clean out of ideas so what do you guys think?

I say I seem to hit a bit of a brick wall chaps, I started painting this jolly nice Legion of the Damned Chaplain and I cant think for the life of me what colour to paint his tabard, Im afraid Im in a bit of a pickle... 

*Ahem*

Yeah I started putting the base colours down for the flames and the bone and I used a Templars tabard for my conversion that I usually just paint bone then wash and highlight, but I think this will be too much considering he has a flaming skull for a head and bones painted on his armour.. Im not sure if I should just leave it black for that super spooky dark vibe or not. Im clean out of ideas so what do you guys think?

Either a dark red or black/grey with flame effect on the bottom?

Well, I finally have a day off I can do painting :laugh.: Life's been hectic this month

I, Gederas, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete at 10 Assault Intercessors (Emperor's Spears) by month's end.

No picture as I forgot to take one before I started to paint them (almost forgot to POST that they're vowed this month today :laugh.:)

February? ;)

I, Gederas, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete at 10 Assault Intercessors (Emperor's Spears) by month's end.

February? :wink:

You saw nothing :ph34r.::whistling:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMkiV4rnTzk/?igshid=rvy9byl7muxt

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNBghuKHZ62/?igshid=1hrhqh3oadeze

Vow complete!

I, The_Chaplain, vow to complete 3 artel w meganobz before the year's end:

https://flic.kr/p/2kQ1FZH

Edited by The_Chaplain

March Summary

2021 continues with strong participation with a total of 39 Frater taking up the Challenge for another month. Of the 39 Frater, 33 managed to Complete their vows, with six earning the Next Month Badge for March. Together the 36 Frater pledged 270 models, managing to complete 216 of those models.

I have streamlined awarding the Badges a little compared to previous years, and have begun adding Badges in the first post of each Month as they are earned. Please feel free to add them to your Signatures as you see them appear each month.

sml_gallery_48988_15094_2322.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_5489.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_1612.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_6343.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_6481.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_1868.png

andes (Artificer, Seriously)

Ace Debonair

Brother Argent (Artificer, Seriously)

Cleon (Artificer, Seriously)

Dosjetka (Artificer, Speed Daemon, Last Minute)

Dwango (Artificer, Seriously)

Etheneus (Artificer, Speed Daemon, Seriously)

Focslain (Artificer, Seriously)

Gederas (Artificer, Last Minute, Speed Daemon, Seriously)

Givemead (Artificer, Last Minute)

Gore Crow (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Grotsmasha (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

guardian31 (Artificer)

Heraclite (Artificer, Speed Daemon, Seriously)

Jaipii (Artificer, Last Minute)

Jaxom (Artificer, Seriously)

Jolemai (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

LameBeard (Artificer)

Lienna (Artificer, Seriously)

Lord Ikka (Artificer, Seriously)

Llygos_Tyrant (Last Minute, Seriously)

Majkhel (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Miek (Artificer, Seriously)

Ockland (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Rogue (Artificer, Seriously)

Skidman (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Slaves to Darkness (Last Minute, Seriously)

SufficientAnonymity (Artificer, Seriously)

the_balloon_dog (Artificer, Seriously)

The_Chaplain (Artificer, Last Min ute, Seriously)

toaae (Artificer, Last Minute)

TPS (Artificer, Seriously)

Trokair (Last Minute)

sml_gallery_48988_15094_1273.png

Azaiel

Halandaar

Sabadin

Skywrath

ThePenitentOne

Thomoski

sml_gallery_48988_15094_5238.png

You guys make really do make it hard to choose a favourite each month, honourable mentions to both Lienna ans SufficienatAnonymity's Adepta Sororitas, but ultimatetly the_ballon_dog's outstanding McFarlane Intercessor conversion takes it out for March

IMG-20210323-110144.jpg

Hidden Content

IMG-20210323-111159.jpg

IMG-20210323-110251.jpg

IMG-20210323-110231.jpg

IMG-20210323-110225.jpg

IMG-20210323-110216.jpg

Edited by Grotsmasha

Skip to a month...

April

sml_gallery_48988_15094_4327.png

The following award badges are up for grabs this month,

gallery_48988_15094_2576.pnggallery_48988_15094_2995.pnggallery_48988_15094_1516.pnggallery_48988_15094_1847.pnggallery_48988_15094_4892.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_2200.pnggallery_48988_15094_5099.png

There is also a badge for those who wish to make a pledge for years end, a slow burn model or project to work on through out the year,

sml_gallery_48988_16821_3192.png

and for those who don't complete their pledge this month,

sml_gallery_48988_15094_7207.png

There are Bronze, Silver, and Gold versions of these badges to be awarded to those who earn the same badge multiple times. There is also a Platinum version of each badge available to anyone who earns the same badge for all 12 months, even the Next Month badge :wink: .

Participating

Vowed, No pic

Vowed, with pic

Complete

List of Participants

AGPO -

andes - 3 Allarus Terminators (Artificer, Last Minute)

Ace Debonair - 1 Bladeguard Veteran

Akhanist - 7 Traitor Guard (Artificer, Seriously)

Axineton -

Azaiel - 1 Megatrakk Scrapjet (Stubborn), 2 Grots (Artificer, Seriously)

Brother Argent - 1 Deathguard Rhino, 3 Space Marines, 2 CSM (Artificer, Seriously)

Cleon - 1 Rune Priest, 3 Wolf Guard, 7 Long Fangs, 1 Blackshield, 4 Terminators (Artificer, Seriously), 1 Knight Castellan (Last Minute, Plodding Along)

Dosjetka -

Dwango - 10 Veteran Intercessors (Artificer, Seriously)

Etheneus - 1 Commissr, 5 Scions

Focslain - 5 Heavy Intercessors

Gederas - 5 Tartaros Terminators (Speed Daemon, Seriously)

Givemead -

Gore Crow - 5 Tartaros Terminators, 1 Moriatat (Artificer)

Grotsmasha - 1 Dark Angels Leviathan Dreadnought (Seriously)

guardian31 - 1 Necron Warrior

Halandaar - 1 Assault Intercessor (Speed Daemon), 1 Deathwatch Terminator, 1 Canoness, 5 Zephyrim, 5 Battle Sisters (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute, Stubborn)

Heraclite - 1 Inceptor, 2 Servo Skulls (Artificer)

Jaipii -

Jaxom - 1 Herald of Nurgle, 10 Plaguebearers (Artificer, Seriously)

Jolemai - 2 Scouts, 4 Tactical Marines, 1 Librarian, 5 Space Marines, 3 Necromunda Gangers (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

LameBeard - 1 Salamander Terminator Captain (Artificer, Last Minute)

Lienna - 5 Adepta Sororitas (Artificer, Seriously)

lokkorex -

Lord Ikka - 1 Inquisitor, 5 Solar Auxilla, 5 Solar Auxilla, 9 Las-rifle Troops, 9 Volkite Troops (Artificer, Speed Daemon, Seriously)

Llygos_Tyrant - 1 Ultramarine Tactical Marine, 1 Captain Cato Sicarius, 1 Ultramarine Librarian, 1 Sgt Telion (Stubborn), Crashed Aquila Lander (5), 1 Predator, 1 Objective Marker (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute, Stubborn)

mactire -

Majkhel - 1 Bladegurd Veteran (Stubborn), 3 Heavy Intercessors, 2 Heavy Intercessors

Miek - 6 Tomb Blades, 1 Nurgle Daemon (Plague Monk) (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

Ockland -

Razhabyuul -

Rogue - 5 GSC Neophytes (Artificer, Seriously)

roguechaplain -

Sabadin -

Skidman - 10 Tactuical Marines, 10 Havocs (Plasma), 1 Deimos vindicator (Artificer, Seriously)

Skywrath - Roboute Gulliman, 8 Vertus Praetors, Vindicare Assassin

Slaves to Darkness - 1 Legion of the Damned Commander, 1 Legion of the Damned Ancient, 1 Kitbashed Vet Sgt Centurius, 3 Guard Vets, 2 Heavy Weapons teams, 1 Officer, 1 Whiteshield (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

SufficientAnonymity - 6 Sword Brethren (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

the_balloon_dog - Fuegan the Burning Lance (Artificer)

The_Chaplain - 3 Artel W Meganobz, Dimachaeron (Artificer)

ThePenitentOne -

Thomoski -

toaae - 1 Weirdboy (Artificer, Last Minute)

TPS - 10 Assault Marines, 3 Venetari, 3 Allarus (Artificer, Seriously)

Trokair - 1 Intercessor

Plogging Along Pledges for 2021

AGPO - 1+ Celestial Lions

Axineton - 10 Intercessors

Brother Argent - 2 Ryza Pattern Sprues, Thermic Plasma Conduits, 2 Thermic Plasma Regulators, 2 Haemotrope Reactors, Alchomite Stack, Imperial Objectives, 2 Galvannic Servo Haulers and Crane, Galvannc Magnavent, 3 Ruined Buildings, Fuel Pipes, Thermo Exchanger Shrine, Aegis Defence Line

Cleon - Imperial Knight Castellan (APR)

Dwango - Lion El Jonson, Primarch of the 1st

Fenrykus - 10 Sternguard marines

Focslain - Imperial Outpost (2 Gang Strongholds, 1 Bastion, 1 Skyshield Pad)

Gederas - Lion El'Jonson, Sire of the Dark Angels (FEB), Lion El'Jonson at Thramas (display model), Praetor (Terminator Armour), Legion Praetor Tribune, Primus Medicae in Cataphractii Terminator Armour, Praetor in Cataphractii Armour, Legion Praetor, Legion Praetor in Cataphractii Armour, Leviathan Dreadnought, 20 Mark II Tactical Legionaires, 20 Mark II Assault Legionaires, 30 Mark IV Tactical Legionaires, 30 Mark III Tactical Legionaires, 5 Mellta Tactical Support Legionaires, 5 PlasmaTactical Support Legionaires, 5 FlamerTactical Support Legionaires, 10 Tartaros Terminators, 1 Nephilim Jetfighter

Heraclite - 3 Scenery pieces (MAR)

Jolemai - 12 Necromunda Gangers (MAR), 16 Necromunda Gangers

Lienna - 1+ Adepta Sororitas

Lord Ikka - 19 lasrifle Solar Auxilia infantry, 19 volkite Solar Auxilia infantry, 10 Solar Auxilia Command sections, 2 Taurox Primes, 1 slightly converted Corvus Blackstar

Majkhel - 1 Storm Raven

roguechaplain - AdMech Archaeopter

Skidman - 2 Knight Titans

The_Chaplain - 50 Warriors, 5 Lychguard, 5 Gauss Immortals, 5 Triarch Praetorians, 6 Skorpekh Destroyers, 1 Skorpekh Lord, 2 Overlords, 1 Royal Warden, 1 Technomancer, 1 Plasmancer, 2 Crypto Thralls, 3 Ophydian Destroyers, 3 Canoptek Wraiths, 1 Canoptek Spyder, 1 Hexmark Destroyer, 1 Triarch Stalker, 1 Illuminor Szeras, 1 Void Dragon, 1 Silent King, 1 Tesseract Ark, 1 Doomsday Ark, 1 Night Scythe Bomber, 1 Catacomb Command Barge

ThePenitentOne - 18 15" Board Tiles, additional terrain pieces

TPS - 1 Magos, 5 Castellax, 3 Thallax, 10 Secutarii Hoplites, Thanatar, 1 Chaos Knight

Trokair - 1+ Adepta Sororitas

Participants on the Randomizer List

Chaplain Dosjetka: Custodes (Double 2), or Chaos Daemons, or Necrons

Grotsmasha: Agents of the Imperium, HH White Scars

LameBeard: Salamander

mactire: Deathwatch or Craftworld Eldar / Harlequins

the_ballon_dog: Grey Knights or Iron Hands

TPS: Dark Angels Successor, or Chaos Space Marines

Edited by Grotsmasha

There's some nice power armour going on at the moment. Those breachers are very cool.

I realise I'm jumping the gun just slightly, but here's my April vow:

final neophytes

It's a bit of a miscellany, but they're rounding out my other two neophyte squads (after I finished the shotgun squad earlier in March). This'll give me two leaders and a fourth mining laser (so I can run a pair of autogun squads with mining lasers). I'm also painting up a fourth grenade launcher and second seismic cannon, for options. Once these five are done, I'll have three 10-man squads plus a few alternate load-outs (the seismic cannons and grenade launchers), with the option to boost up to three 12-man squads if I really want to (I probably don't).

I, Etheneus, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge and for the month of April pledge to complete a scion squad and a Commisar with boltgun by month's end.

D9GZRMe.jpg

The scions are almost the last (six "crusaders" left) of the big pack of rescues that I got hold of long ago. The commisar is using anvil industry arms and a leg. The arms didn't really fit so had to broden the shoulders which make her look beefy. Made the shoulders also look bionic with green stuff.