=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

May vow mark 2 complete, 3 bases of drones and 3 Arco flagellants. Photo of the both pledges up first, then photos of the individual units are behind the spoiler tags. I have to say I rather enjoyed this month, switching between cold necron metal and exposed fleshy humans made for a good juxtaposition, kept my hobby time feeling fresh.

BERx3NB.jpg

3x arcos. I particularly 'like' the face of the lead lady. The wires going into the face are downright horrifying!

j2FRcU0.jpg

3xbases of drones

kaBYevF.jpg

Full necron army so far

nKzerkL.jpg

Great work :Tu:

And I think that's one of the reasons I'm making such good headway - having the Delaque (Plodding Along vow) to paint between BA projects is helping both :)

Deathwing Ancient done! I left the banner unpainted intentionally, because I have no faith I could do a good job at it, and once again the recess shading is getting the better of me. The ancient doesn't look as glossy as he did in the picture, but he still is fairly glossy. That being said very happy with his pose and the mace though! I think in the future I'll be taking my pictures at night-time - sunlight throws the picture quality out of the window, as I realised today.

Deathwing Ancient

reMrFgG.jpg
0iBVsrM.jpg
MUvUggZ.jpg
7uvzfql.jpg

Next project - again going to see whether I can get him done before the end of this month, Grot (and thank you for giving me this model a while back). Presenting the pet psychopath of the Dark Angels - Asmodai! (He had a bit of a problem with his crozius, so some unsanctioned mechanicus modifications had to be made. Pretty happy how clean I got the red trim so far, but I'm suspecting that will change when I shade him next.

X0iT1Ka.jpg
g2820fa.jpg
np9nwjM.jpg
lJGZeh6.jpg
Edited by Skywrath

Next project - again going to see whether I can get him done before the end of this month, Grot (and thank you for giving me this model a while back). Presenting the pet psychopath of the Dark Angels - Asmodai! (He had a bit of a problem with his crozius, so some unsanctioned mechanicus modifications had to be made. Pretty happy how clean I got the red trim so far, but I'm suspecting that will change when I shade him next.

IIRC, Asmodai was Finecast, yeah? I've recently been reminded why I dislike working with Finecast (my Commission originally had 4x Lhamaean's in it).

IIRC, Asmodai was Finecast, yeah? I've recently been reminded why I dislike working with Finecast (my Commission originally had 4x Lhamaean's in it).

Yes sir.

Sorry for the double-post, but the inspiration took me, and another model is completed for this month. Presenting none other than the Supreme Grand Master himself - Azrael! I realise I failed pretty hardcore on making a custom base, but I hope the paintjob sorta balances that out.

jFTByOP.jpg
fl88289.jpg
a54LMzh.jpg
JREcaxm.jpg

You reach into a bag and pick a box out. In it has 3 colours. Your challange is to incorporate those three into a mini. My selection is dryad bark, averland sunset and Caliban green.

Edit damn autocorrect.

Edited by Dwango

For May I'll vow:

5 Battle Sisters & Incensor Cherub

5 Drukhari Scourges

1 Deathwatch Terminator

gallery_84244_11417_147260.jpg

Vow Complete! Man these pictures never seem to get any better do they...

gallery_84244_16814_125017.jpg

Off to the in-laws for the weekend now so I'll post a vow for June when I get back.

I have started on another 5 intercessors but forgot to vow them as a 3rd part for my may vow

I had planned to paint them as two sub-ensembles (2 and 3 minis) but got carried away and went with a full assembly line mode for those :

0udJXw9m.jpg

LffVNtxm.jpg

here's where they're at right now :

bg0X6Y5m.jpg

base coats are done. left to do are : weapons (with attached arms), heads and back packs (only a black under/base coat atm), then washes, clean up and details/highlights and finally the bases.

I'll try to base coat the heads weapons and backpack tonight so hopefully I'll finish the rest in time

... really hoping there is still the 48hrs grace from the end of the month cause I have been suffering serious lack of mojo of recent and am only now finding myself again. No stress, it happens from time to time. Anyway, for the (just about ended) month of May I vow to paint five Space Marine Scouts by, well nowish...

gallery_36568_16061_81569.jpg

Five done, and with that this month’s vow id done and dusted, as I really expected to only get one or so done. Will do the remaining five for next month I guess.

The one on the far right was the first test model, hence the slightly different cloth colour.

unknown.png

unknown.png
Edited by Trokair

Just been an off month for me, and I even forgot to post here about how I have been trying to work on models :laugh.: It's mostly been because I've been working on Age of Sigmar stuff (Soulblight Gravelords has been a faction I've wanted for YEARS) and also some drama with my FLGS kind of killed my motivation for... anything really. But, might as well since today is the last day of May....

I, Gederas, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete one (or more) Mark IV Tactical Marine of the Dark Angels Legion model by month's end.

(no picture as I forgot to take it before I started base-coating)

Edited by Gederas

Im gonna do something a little bit different this month, Im going to build a games table. There will be some dead Guardsmen buried in rubble somewhere so it technically counts as 'painting minis'. :D

I, Slave to Darkness, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of June pledge to complete 2 dead Guardsmen on a large cityfight base (4 foot by 3.5 foot) by the months end'

Ill bang the before pic up after midnight to make it official. :tu: 

Done!

Almost thought I wouldn't have time to finish it between RL, work and me forgetting to bring my paints with me on my spare weekend at the Family-in-law.

But on the last hour of the 31st I've done my first flyer. A Valkyrie with options.

TIoaGPd.jpg

Flyer

ASNsvRb.jpg

Base

sYLrQwE.jpg

Inside

May Summary

May saw some new blood joining the Challenge, with a total of 35 Frater taking up the Challenge in May. Of the 35 Frater, 34 managed to Complete their vows, with just one earning the Next Month Badge for May. We pledged a total of 345 models, and managed to complete 307 of those models.

I have streamlined awarding the Badges a little compared to previous years, and have begun adding Badges in the first post of each Month as they are earned. Please feel free to add them to your Signatures as you see them appear each month.

gallery_48988_15094_2345.png gallery_48988_15094_5325.png gallery_48988_15094_796.png gallery_48988_15094_7080.png gallery_48988_15094_33.png gallery_48988_15094_309.png

andes (Artificer)

Ace Debonair (Speed Daemon)

Akhanist (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

Azaiel (Artificer)

Beaky Brigade (Seriously, Last Minute)

Brother Argent (Artificer, Speed Daemon, Seriously, Last Minute)

Cleon (Artificer, Seriously)

Dwango (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

Etheneus (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

Focslain (Artificer, Seriously)

Gederas (Seriously, Last Minute)

Gore Crow (Artificer, Seriously, Stubborn)

Grotsmasha (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

guardian31 (Artificer, Seriously)

Halandaar (Artificer, Seriously)

Heraclite (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

Jaxom (Artificer)

Jolemai (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

LameBeard (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

Lienna (Artificer, Seriously)

Lord Ikka (Artificer, Seriously, Plodding Along)

Llygos_Tyrant (Stubborn)

Majkhel (Artificer, Stubborn)

Miek (Artificer, Seriously)

Rogue (Artificer)

Skidman (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

Skywrath (Artificer)

Slaves to Darkness - 2 Deathriders, 1 Guardsman

SufficientAnonymity (Artificer, Seriously, Stubborn)

the_balloon_dog (Artificer)

The_Chaplain (Artificer, Seriously)

toaae (Seriously)

TPS (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

Trokair (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

gallery_48988_15094_2386.png

DOGGED

gallery_48988_15094_1786.png

Another month, another tough choice for my Favourite pick, honourable mentions to Arkhanist's Wiggy Bois, and Dwango's Hired Gun, but it is TPS' fantatsic AT Warmaster Titan that claims May's Favourite Badge

McciFMV.jpg

Edited by Grotsmasha