=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

June vow not yet complete, but I have completed the sisters half of it. I'll save more detailed photos for when I've finished the necron skorpekhs.

But the sisters being done means that I have finished my plodding along pledge for Jan-Jun! 25 miniatures painted and I'm sure less than half would be done without this thread encouraging me!

o603pb9.jpg

I may have indulged myself by recreating the photo on the back of the box set, of course my set looks a little different since I've done a few kitbashes, but feels good to have gotten so much done this year!

Wow, thanks for the Favourite!

@ Grotsmasha, can you give me a random roll for this month?

You earned it :thumbsup:

The dice gods declare a 6 and a 1, so Space Wolves or Heresy Emperors Children

I can do purple perfectionists! Or, at least, one purple perfectionist. Who sorely lacks a base. I, TPS, vow to give that Emperor's Children Chaplain a base and paint a squad of enlarged Khorne Berzerkers.

5hm15ZP.jpg

ZdHDEKg.jpg

Done. Five Tempestus Scions including a melta and a plasmagun.

Mrp5DwB.jpg

So with that I'll add to my vow a Primaris Psyker. Will try to do it in 24h. The base is started because I actually did it for the scions when I realised I've done one to many.

qjAUphQ.jpg

Sorry for poor picture quality

And the hypermorph is done. Finally. Three weeks on a single model feels like a long slog, but it's a least in part because several of my painting evenings have become battle evenings instead, so no complaints there.

Anyway. Here he is.

hypermorph

Plus a couple of shots of the whole aberrant gang looking menacing together.

aberrants1

aberrants2

Time to call June's pledge done. First the sisters half: 1 cannoness, 1 repentia superior and 4 sister repentia. As I previously posted, these finish the army set. Not to be confused with finishing my sisters collection, but that can wait till next month...

LVkt0or.jpg

Then we have the next three xenos miniatures 3 skorpekh destroyers, these were a great opportunity practice blending, not perfect, but I certainly learnt a thing or two.

s9wLUg7.jpg

Good luck finishing up June everyone, catch you all in July!

Then we have the next three xenos miniatures 3 skorpekh destroyers, these were a great opportunity practice blending, not perfect, but I certainly learnt a thing or two.

The weapon blades on those Necrons look fantastic. Great work!

Well my June vow is complete

1 x 10 man assault squad

2 x legion Deimos vindicators

Pictures to follow

gallery_95258_15280_114055.jpeg

gallery_95258_15280_36308.jpeg

gallery_95258_15280_14564.jpeg

gallery_95258_15280_28098.jpeg

For the month of July I vow to complete

1 x 10 man vet squad armed with 7 combi meltas 2 meltas and 1 sgt with power fist and bolt pistol

gallery_95258_15280_105884.jpeg

3 Deimos pattern predators armed with auto cannons and heavy bolter

gallery_95258_15280_95881.jpeg

Pictures to follow

Edited by Skidman

Ok I'm going to call my June vow partially complete at that this stage.

I've painted all the AI and Forge World assets, and even found time to use them in a game (The crossed out items were already painted so don't count!)

gallery_92870_12778_944432.jpg

gallery_92870_11755_805455.jpg

gallery_92870_11755_490655.jpg

The bad news is I haven't even started assembling the AT command assets. Boring 1:1 scale furniture restoration has occupied me this week, but I will roll those along with some more buildings onto my July challenge!

I'll update tomorrow with all my completed commission stuff, but for now, a Speed Daemon for The Bugs Life Challenge,

Lets get rolling,

gallery_48988_6285_96933.jpg

Going to have to wait for the texxture paint to dry to finish the base, but otherwise, I'm calling it a good 'un

gallery_48988_16869_80507.jpg

Alright, managed to get the pet psychopath done, and the 3 vets. Belial is going to need more work, after a good bath in isopropyl alcohol.

My submissions so far:

Bladeguard Veteran Squad - pretty proud of the conversion, and for once the white looks crisp! One of the Bladguard needs a Deathwing decal (in process of obtaining), and a Nurgle decal for his flag.

KU986Ec.jpg
Ekp5Zy3.jpg
Jynw37m.jpg
wRU1OBg.jpg
qa6Tyto.jpg
tKxNnm5.jpg
N5nQHJA.jpg
OUDNqo7.jpg
yOoPv5Y.jpg
BzfsGYS.jpg
lx2UdFZ.jpg
MH8Xrat.jpg

The pet psychopath - Asmodai! Fairly happy with him as well.

z7vidRW.jpg
RqnSk9D.jpg
TYd3MbT.jpg

Seeing how we are approaching July, I'm vowing the following (with pictures this time, who would have thought!)

Dark Angels

1. Deathwing Champion (again, yes I really love the model)
2. Interrogator-Chaplain in Terminator armor (waiting on a few bits to arrive, which should be this/next week).
3. Dark Vengeance Command Squad 

Assuming the above two are done, I'm tentatively vowing the other 3 Bladeguard on top of this, or instead of a command squad. 

iEu6kXh.jpg
2MRHdCE.jpg
5pY9mYQ.jpg
CuSPD3S.jpg
Edited by Skywrath

Alright, managed to get the pet psychopath done, and the 3 vets. Belial is going to need more work, after a good bath in isopropyl alcohol.

My submissions so far:

Bladeguard Veteran Squad - pretty proud of the conversion, and for once the white looks crisp! One of the Bladguard needs a Deathwing decal (in process of obtaining), and a Nurgle decal for his flag.

KU986Ec.jpg
Ekp5Zy3.jpg
Jynw37m.jpg
wRU1OBg.jpg
qa6Tyto.jpg
tKxNnm5.jpg
N5nQHJA.jpg
OUDNqo7.jpg
yOoPv5Y.jpg
BzfsGYS.jpg
lx2UdFZ.jpg
MH8Xrat.jpg

z7vidRW.jpg
RqnSk9D.jpg
TYd3MbT.jpg

Seeing how we are approaching July, I'm vowing the following (with pictures this time, who would have thought!)

Dark Angels

2. Interrogator-Chaplain in Terminator armor (waiting on a few bits to arrive, which should be this/next week).

Assuming the above two are done, I'm tentatively vowing the other 3 Bladeguard on top of this, or instead of a command squad. 

iEu6kXh.jpg
2MRHdCE.jpg
5pY9mYQ.jpg
CuSPD3S.jpg

In no way am I having a go at your previous work, but damn, these Blade Guard are really clear step up in your work, they look aces dude, really nicely done :tu:

My submissions so far:

KU986Ec.jpg
Ekp5Zy3.jpg
Jynw37m.jpg
wRU1OBg.jpg
qa6Tyto.jpg
tKxNnm5.jpg
N5nQHJA.jpg
OUDNqo7.jpg
yOoPv5Y.jpg
BzfsGYS.jpg
lx2UdFZ.jpg
MH8Xrat.jpg

z7vidRW.jpg
RqnSk9D.jpg
TYd3MbT.jpg

Dark Angels

iEu6kXh.jpg
2MRHdCE.jpg
5pY9mYQ.jpg
CuSPD3S.jpg

In no way am I having a go at your previous work, but damn, these Blade Guard are really clear step up in your work, they look aces dude, really nicely done :thumbsup:

Thanks dude :) Using Lahmiam medium with Agrax really really helped. Plus for once the phone decided to take good photos!

Done basing the Emperor's Child.

bOkse1X.jpg

Also, done smearing pristine white armour with blood. They even had their first game in a semi painted state last week and, while the squad didn't make it out alive, I managed to beat a friend's Iron Hands in a super close game by 2 points!

kLxi8Yh.jpg

IpJpGmw.jpg

veHfFuh.jpg

June Summary

In another good month for the Challenge, June saw 30 Frater once again pick up their brushes and take on the challenge. Of the 30 Frater, 32 managed to complete their pledges, with just 3 Frater unable to finish their vows. Between the 30 of us we pledged to complete 224 models, and managed to complete 178 of those models.

I have streamlined awarding the Badges a little compared to previous years, and have begun adding Badges in the first post of each Month as they are earned. Please feel free to add them to your Signatures as you see them appear each month.

So somehow, for the last 5 months, I've managed to TOTALLY FORGET that the badges Upgrade, and that I should be making them available to you guys and gals. How they work;

- the 3rd time you earn a Badge it upgrades from Black to Bronze, available from March

- the 6th time you earn a Badge it upgrades from Bronze to Silver, available from June

- the 9th time you earn a Badge it upgrades from Silver to Gold, available from September

- if you manage to earn a Badge for all 12 Months of the Challenge, it will upgrade to Platinum

gallery_48988_15094_613.png gallery_48988_15094_4633.png gallery_48988_15094_292.png gallery_48988_15094_2623.png gallery_48988_15094_6980.png gallery_48988_15094_2064.png

gallery_48988_15094_14741.png gallery_48988_15094_2019.png gallery_48988_15094_1099.png gallery_48988_15094_11416.png gallery_48988_15094_19634.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_9707.png

gallery_48988_15094_14233.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_12010.png gallery_48988_15094_3032.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_7512.png

andes (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Ace Debonair (Artificer, Speed Daemon)

Akhanist (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Azaiel (Artificer, Last Minute)

Beaky Brigade (Artificer, Seriously)

Brother Argent (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Cleon (Artificer, Seriously)

Etheneus (Artificer, Speed Daemon, Seriously)

Gore Crow (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Grotsmasha (Artificer, Last Minute, Speed Daemon, Seriously, Stubborn)

guardian31 (Artificer)

Halandaar (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Heraclite (Artificer)

Jaxom (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Jolemai (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Lienna (Artificer, Seriously)

Lord Ikka (Artificer, Seriously)

Majkhel (Artificer)

Miek (Artificer, Seriously)

Rogue (Artificer)

Skidman (Artificer, Seriously)

Skywrath (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously, Stubborn)

SufficientAnonymity (Artificer, Seriously, Stubborn)

the_balloon_dog (Artificer, Seriously)

The_Chaplain (Artificer, Seriously)

TPS (Artificer, Seriously)

Trokair (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

gallery_48988_15094_1643.png

Focslain

Slaves to Darkness

toaae

sml_gallery_48988_16024_1138.png

Lienna

gallery_48988_15094_4552.png

Yet again, a another month with excellent choices for a Favourite, shout-out's to the_ballon_dog's excellent Chaos Cultist, and TPS' blood thirsty World Eaters, but in the end, it was Lienna's amazing Skorpeth Destroyers that have grabbed the Favourite for June, well done Lienna :tu:

s9wLUg7.jpg

Edited by Grotsmasha

Skip to a month...

July

gallery_48988_15094_8761.png

The following award badges are up for grabs this month,

gallery_48988_15094_1673.png gallery_48988_15094_3029.png gallery_48988_15094_6389.png gallery_48988_15094_1340.png gallery_48988_15094_4253.png gallery_48988_15094_46.png gallery_48988_15094_1830.png

There is also a badge for those who wish to make a pledge for years end, a slow burn model or project to work on through out the year,

sml_gallery_48988_16821_3192.png

and for those who don't complete their pledge this month,

gallery_48988_15094_5915.png

There are Bronze, Silver, and Gold versions of these badges to be awarded to those who earn the same badge multiple times. There is also a Platinum version of each badge available to anyone who earns the same badge for all 12 months, even the Next Month badge :wink: .

Participating
Vowed, No pic
Vowed, with pic
Complete

List of Participants

AGPO -

Ace Debonair - rebase 10 Kabalites, 10 Wyches, 5 Wracks, 1 Archon, 3 Sister Repentia (Seriously)

Akhanist - Obsidious Mallex, 2 Black Legionaires

andes - 5 Ork Stormboyz (Artificier, Seriously)

Axineton -

Azaiel -

Beaky Brigade -

Brother Argent - 1 Tyranid Prime/Warrior, 6 Genestealers, 30 Hormagaunts, 6 Sporemines, 1 Carnifex

Cleon - 1 Watch Master, 10 Deathwatch Marines (Artificer, Seriously)

DOGGED -

Dosjetka -

Dwango - 2 Lieutenants, 3 Suppressors, 1 Palanite Enforcer (Artificer, Speed Daemon, Last Minute, Seriously)

Etheneus - 5 Scions (Artificer, Seriously)

Focslain -

Gederas -

Givemead -

Gore Crow - VIII th Legion Praetor (Artificer)

Grotsmasha - 2 Gemini Superiors, 1 Dialogus, 5 Seraphim, 2 Raiders (Stubborn), 1 Onager Dunecrawler, 1 Word Bearers Marine, 1 Word Bearers Daemon Prince, 1 GSC Cultist (Speed Daemon)(Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

guardian31 - 1 Khornate Lord in Terminator Armour (Artificer, Last Minute)

Halandaar - Triumph of St Katherine (Stubborn), 1 Carnifex, 1 Canoness, 5 Retributors, 2 Armourium Cherubs (Artificer, Seriously)

Heraclite

Jaipii -

Jaxom - 1 Herald, 1 Sloppity Bilepiper, 1 Spoilpox Scrivener, 3 Chaos Beasts (Seriously)

Jolemai - 1 Razorback, 1 Tarantula (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

LameBeard - 1 AT Reiver Titan (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Lienna - 1 Adeptus Sororitas Exorcist (Artificer, Seriously)

lokkorex -

Lord Ikka - 2 Canoptek Spyders, 5 Deathmarks, 11 Canoptek Scarab bases, 1 Dracosan Armored Transport (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Llygos_Tyrant -

mactire -

Majkhel - 2 Sisters of Battle, 1 Storm Speeder, 1 Mephiston (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Miek - Necron Cryptothralls (Artificer, Last Minute)

Ockland -

Razhabyuul -

Rogue - 3 Acolytes (Artificer, Last Minute)

roguechaplain -

Sabadin -

Skidman - 10 Veteran Legionaires, 3 Deimos Predators

Skywrath - 1 Deathwing Champion, 1 Interrogator Chaplain in TDA, 1 Dark Vengeance Command Squad (Artificer)

Slaves to Darkness -

SufficientAnonymity - 1 AT Warbringer Titan, 3 Bladeguard Veterans, 1 Chaplain in TDA (Artificer, Seriously, Stubborn)

the_balloon_dog - 1 LotD McFarlane Marine (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

The_Chaplain -

ThePenitentOne -

Thomoski -

toaae - 5 Kommandos (Stubborn), re-base 28 Boyz (Artificer, Seriously)

TPS - 1 Dark Apostle, 9 Bezerkers, 1 Domitar Ferrum automata, 1 Quad Launcher, 2 Crew, 1 Apothecary, 1 Champion (Artificer, Seriously)

Trokair - 4 Kroot, 9 Treeranids (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Plogging Along Pledges for 2021

AGPO - 1+ Celestial Lions

Arkhanist - Blackstone Fortress - 7 Traitor Guard, 4 Chaos Beastmen, 4 Ur-Ghuls, 4 Spindle Drones, Obsidius Mallex, 2 Chaos Space Marines, 4 Negavolt Cultists, 2 Rogue Psykers, 7 Traitor Guard, Janus Draik, Taddeus the Purifier, Espern Locarno, Pious Vorne, UR-025, Dahyak Grekh, Amallyn Shadowguide, Rein and Raus

Axineton - 10 Intercessors

Brother Argent - 2 Ryza Pattern Sprues, Thermic Plasma Conduits, 2 Thermic Plasma Regulators, 2 Haemotrope Reactors, Alchomite Stack, Imperial Objectives, 2 Galvanic Servo Haulers and Crane, Galvanic Magnavent, 3 Ruined Buildings, Fuel Pipes, Thermo Exchanger Shrine, Aegis Defence Line

Cleon - Imperial Knight Castellan (APR)

DOGGED - 10,000pts Talons of the Emperor

Dwango - Lion El Jonson, Primarch of the 1st

Fenrykus - 10 Sternguard marines

Focslain - Imperial Outpost (2 Gang Strongholds, 1 Bastion, 1 Skyshield Pad)

Gederas - Lion El'Jonson, Sire of the Dark Angels (FEB), Lion El'Jonson at Thramas (display model), Praetor (Terminator Armour), Legion Praetor Tribune, Primus Medicae in Cataphractii Terminator Armour, Praetor in Cataphractii Armour, Legion Praetor, Legion Praetor in Cataphractii Armour, Leviathan Dreadnought, 20 Mark II Tactical Legionaires, 20 Mark II Assault Legionaires, 30 Mark IV Tactical Legionaires, 30 Mark III Tactical Legionaires, 5 Mellta Tactical Support Legionaires, 5 PlasmaTactical Support Legionaires, 5 FlamerTactical Support Legionaires, 10 Tartaros Terminators, 1 Nephilim Jetfighter

Heraclite - 3 Scenery pieces (MAR)

Jolemai - 18 Necromunda Gangers (JUN), 10 Necromunda Gangers

Lienna - 1 Cannoness, 5 Celestians, 5 Seraphim, 5 Battle Sisters, 5 Repentia, 3 Arcoflaggelants, 1 Penitent Engine (JUN)

Lienna - Saint Celestine, 1 Imagifier, 1 Retributor squad, 1 Repentia squad, 1 Seraphim squad, 1 Battle Sister squad, 1 Exorcist, 1 Rhino, 1 Immolator, 2 Penitent Engines

Lord Ikka - 19 lasrifle Solar Auxilia infantry, 19 volkite Solar Auxilia infantry, 2 Solar Auxilia Command sections, 2 Taurox Primes, 1 slightly converted Corvus Blackstar (MAY)

Majkhel - 1 Storm Raven

Miek - 1 Plaguebearers, 29 Plaguebearers

roguechaplain - AdMech Archaeopter

Skidman - 2 Knight Titans

The_Chaplain - 50 Warriors, 5 Lychguard, 5 Gauss Immortals, 5 Triarch Praetorians, 6 Skorpekh Destroyers, 1 Skorpekh Lord, 2 Overlords, 1 Royal Warden, 1 Technomancer, 1 Plasmancer, 2 Crypto Thralls, 3 Ophydian Destroyers, 3 Canoptek Wraiths, 1 Canoptek Spyder, 1 Hexmark Destroyer, 1 Triarch Stalker, 1 Illuminor Szeras, 1 Void Dragon, 1 Silent King, 1 Tesseract Ark, 1 Doomsday Ark, 1 Night Scythe Bomber, 1 Catacomb Command Barge

ThePenitentOne - 18 15" Board Tiles, additional terrain pieces

TPS - 1 Magos, 5 Castellax, 3 Thallax, 10 Secutarii Hoplites, Thanatar, 1 Chaos Knight

Trokair - 1+ Adepta Sororitas

Participants on the Randomizer List

Chaplain Dosjetka:

Grotsmasha:

LameBeard:

mactire:

the_ballon_dog:

TPS:

Edited by Grotsmasha