=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

Check out r/WahammerInstructions on Reddit next time: they have instructions for most, if not all, modern-day GW kits (mostly 40k, IIRC) available in either PDF or JPEG form and completely free of charge.

They don't have the instructions for Skorpekhs, it turns out. :sweat:

A fine idea nontheless, brother!

In the end, I solved the problem by just painting the other two and working out which bits actually fit together (except the actual legs, it turns out, but they look OK anyway).

I was about to take a picture and post the completion in the thread, only to realise I straight up forgot to vow them before I started painting.  :eek: 

This is what I get for trying to clear my paint table before Orktoberfest starts! :laugh.: :sweat:

Still, models done are models done. I'll pop them in the background when I make my next vow!

Post them anyway, they'll count :tu:

September Summary

Finishing out September closes out three quarters of 2021, we are still seeing excellent return rates to the Challenge with 21 Frater vowing for another month. For the first time in 2021, all 21 participants in the Challenged managed to complete at least one model, leaving no one to bear the Next Month badge for this month. The 21 of us collectively pledged to complete 172 models, and managed to complete 141 of those models.

Compared to previous years, I have streamlined awarding the Badges a little, and have begun adding Badges in the first post of each Month as they are earned. Please feel free to add them to your Signatures as you see them appear each month.

- the 3rd time you earn a Badge it upgrades from Black to Bronze, available from March

- the 6th time you earn a Badge it upgrades from Bronze to Silver, available from June

- the 9th time you earn a Badge it upgrades from Silver to Gold, available from September

- if you manage to earn a Badge for all 12 Months of the Challenge, it will upgrade to Platinum

The Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum Badges are in a separate Post below.

gallery_48988_15094_4206.png gallery_48988_15094_4287.png gallery_48988_15094_4149.png gallery_48988_15094_1602.png gallery_48988_15094_1243.png gallery_48988_15094_7031.png

andes (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)
Ace Debonair (Artificer, Last Minute)
Cleon (Artificer, Seriously)
Dwango (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously, Stubborn)
Etheneus (Artificer, Speed Daemon)
Grotsmasha (Artificer, Last Minute, Speed Daemon, Seriously, Stubborn)
guardian31 (Artificer, Last Minute)
Halandaar (Artificer, Seriously, Stubborn)
Heraclite (Artificer)
Jaipii (Artificer, Last Minute, Stubborn)
Jaxom (Artificer, Lat Minute, Seriously)
Jolemai (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)
LameBeard (Artificer, Last Minute)
Lord Ikka (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)
Majkhel (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)
Miek (Artificer)
Rogue (Artificer)
the_balloon_dog (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)
toaae (Artificer, Seriously, Stubborn)

TPS (Artificer, Seriously)
Trokair (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

gallery_48988_15094_3505.png

Nothing to see here :tu:

gallery_48988_15094_4025.png

andes very nearly secured three in row with some more fantastic Beast Snaggas, but TPS' amazeballs Knight was.....amazeballs, I think you'll all agree, please join me in congratulating them .

4y5onsq.jpg

UydFHvJ.jpg

Edited by Grotsmasha

Skip to a month...

October

gallery_48988_15094_7480.png

The following award badges are up for grabs this month,

gallery_48988_15094_6313.png gallery_48988_15094_2696.png gallery_48988_15094_7348.png gallery_48988_15094_3721.png gallery_48988_15094_1620.png gallery_48988_15094_6378.png gallery_48988_15094_6142.png

There is also a badge for those who wish to make a pledge for years end, a slow burn model or project to work on through out the year,

sml_gallery_48988_16821_3192.png

and for those who don't complete their pledge this month,

gallery_48988_15094_4604.png

There are Bronze, Silver, and Gold versions of these badges to be awarded to those who earn the same badge multiple times. There is also a Platinum version of each badge available to anyone who earns the same badge for all 12 months, even the Next Month badge :wink: .

Participating
Vowed, No pic
Vowed, with pic
Complete

List of Participants

AGPO -
andes - 1 Nob on Smasha Squig (Artificer)
Ace Debonair - 10 Beast Snagga Boyz (Artificer, Seriously)
Akhanist -
Axineton -
Azaiel -
Beaky Brigade -
Brother Argent -
Cleon - 12 Devastators (Artificer, Seriously)
DOGGED -
Dosjetka -
Dwango - 1 Krieg Commissar, 1 Escher Ganger, 4 Objective Markers (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)
Etheneus - 1 Company Commander, 4 Guardsmen (Artificer, Seriously)
Focslain -
Gederas -
Givemead -
Gore Crow -
Grotsmasha - 1 Assault Intercessor, 1 Succubus, 19 Boyz
guardian31 - 1 Warboss (Artificer)
Halandaar - 10 Neophyte Hybrids and 3 Spore Mines, 1 Warboss, 10 Kommanos, 2 Nobz, 20 Boyz, 3 Deff Koptas, 1 Deff Dread
Heraclite - 5 Assault Intercessors (Artificer, Seriously)
Jaipii - 1 Van Vet (Stubborn), 1 Assault Intercessor, 2 Assault Intercessors (Artificer, Last Minute)
Jaxom - 1 Librarian (Artificer)
Jolemai - 4 Assassins, Captain Tycho, 1 Captain, 1 Inquisitor, 1 Space Marine (Artificer, Speed Daemon, Last Minute)
LameBeard - 1 KT Guardsmen (Artificer, Stubborn, Last Minute)
Lienna -
lokkorex -
Lord Ikka - 4 Inquisition Mercenaries, 21 Primaris Marines (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)
Llygos_Tyrant -
mactire -
Majkhel - 1 Leviathan Dreadnaught, 3 additional weapons, 2 Bladeguard Veterans (Artificer, Seriously)
Miek - 5 Furies (Artificer, Seriously)
Ockland -
Razhabyuul -
Rogue - 4 Genestealers (Artificer)
roguechaplain -
Sabadin -
Skidman -
Skywrath - Kaldor Draigo, 5 Paladins, 5 Strike Marines (Artificer)
Slaves to Darkness -
SufficientAnonymity -
the_balloon_dog - 1 Plague Terminator, 1 Daemon (Artificer)
The_Chaplain - Skarabrand, 1 Bloodthirster, Ghazghull and Makari (Artificer, Seriously, Stubborn)
ThePenitentOne -
Thomoski -
toaae - 1 Nob on Smasha Squig (Artificer)

TPS - 5 Screamers, 3 Nurgling Bases, 10 Horrors (Artificer, Seriously)
Trokair - 2 Hive Tyrants, 1 Carnifex (artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)
Wolf Guard Einar -

Plogging Along Pledges for 2021

AGPO - 1+ Celestial Lions

Arkhanist - Blackstone Fortress - 7 Traitor Guard, 4 Chaos Beastmen, 4 Ur-Ghuls, 4 Spindle Drones, Obsidius Mallex, 2 Chaos Space Marines, 4 Negavolt Cultists, 2 Rogue Psykers, 7 Traitor Guard, Janus Draik, Taddeus the Purifier, Espern Locarno, Pious Vorne, UR-025, Dahyak Grekh, Amallyn Shadowguide, Rein and Raus

Axineton - 10 Intercessors

Brother Argent - 2 Ryza Pattern Sprues, Thermic Plasma Conduits, 2 Thermic Plasma Regulators, 2 Haemotrope Reactors, Alchomite Stack, Imperial Objectives, 2 Galvanic Servo Haulers and Crane, Galvanic Magnavent, 3 Ruined Buildings, Fuel Pipes, Thermo Exchanger Shrine, Aegis Defence Line

Cleon - Imperial Knight Castellan (APR)

DOGGED - 10,000pts Talons of the Emperor

Dwango - Lion El Jonson, Primarch of the 1st

Fenrykus - 10 Sternguard marines

Focslain - Imperial Outpost (2 Gang Strongholds, 1 Bastion, 1 Skyshield Pad)

Gederas - Lion El'Jonson, Sire of the Dark Angels (FEB), Lion El'Jonson at Thramas (display model), Praetor (Terminator Armour), Legion Praetor Tribune, Primus Medicae in Cataphractii Terminator Armour, Praetor in Cataphractii Armour, Legion Praetor, Legion Praetor in Cataphractii Armour, Leviathan Dreadnought, 20 Mark II Tactical Legionaires, 20 Mark II Assault Legionaires, 30 Mark IV Tactical Legionaires, 30 Mark III Tactical Legionaires, 5 Mellta Tactical Support Legionaires, 5 PlasmaTactical Support Legionaires, 5 FlamerTactical Support Legionaires, 10 Tartaros Terminators, 1 Nephilim Jetfighter

Heraclite - 3 Scenery pieces (MAR)

Jolemai - 21 Necromunda Gangers (SEP), 7 Necromunda Gangers

Lienna - 1 Cannoness, 5 Celestians, 5 Seraphim, 5 Battle Sisters, 5 Repentia, 3 Arcoflaggelants, 1 Penitent Engine (JUN)

Lienna - Saint Celestine, 1 Imagifier, 1 Retributor squad, 1 Repentia squad, 1 Seraphim squad, 1 Battle Sister squad, 1 Exorcist, 1 Rhino, 1 Immolator, 2 Penitent Engines

Lord Ikka - 19 lasrifle Solar Auxilia infantry, 19 volkite Solar Auxilia infantry, 2 Solar Auxilia Command sections, 2 Taurox Primes, 1 slightly converted Corvus Blackstar (MAY)

Majkhel - 1 Storm Raven

Miek - 1 Plaguebearers, 29 Plaguebearers

roguechaplain - AdMech Archaeopter

Skidman - 2 Knight Titans

The_Chaplain - 50 Warriors, 5 Lychguard, 5 Gauss Immortals, 5 Triarch Praetorians, 6 Skorpekh Destroyers, 1 Skorpekh Lord, 2 Overlords, 1 Royal Warden, 1 Technomancer, 1 Plasmancer, 2 Crypto Thralls, 3 Ophydian Destroyers, 3 Canoptek Wraiths, 1 Canoptek Spyder, 1 Hexmark Destroyer, 1 Triarch Stalker, 1 Illuminor Szeras, 1 Void Dragon, 1 Silent King, 1 Tesseract Ark, 1 Doomsday Ark, 1 Night Scythe Bomber, 1 Catacomb Command Barge

ThePenitentOne - 18 15" Board Tiles, additional terrain pieces

TPS - 1 Magos, 5 Castellax, 3 Thallax, 10 Secutarii Hoplites, Thanatar, 1 Chaos Knight

Trokair - 1+ Adepta Sororitas

Participants on the Randomizer List

Chaplain Dosjetka:

Grotsmasha:

LameBeard:

mactire:

the_ballon_dog:

TPS:

Edited by Grotsmasha

Post them anyway, they'll count :thumbsup:

In that case, here's my 2 additional skorpekhs and a plasmacyte (plus my first dude but with the correct arms now):

gallery_46204_9220_241241.jpg

Now, since it's the right time of year, let me just get into the spirit of things a little.

*ahem*

I, Ace Debonair, 'ereby embark on da 12 Munffs of Hobby Challenge! For da munff of Orktober, I pledge ta complete Ten (10) Beast Snagga Boyz of Waaaaagh L'Gorg by da munff's end!

gallery_46204_9220_62128.jpg

'ere we go, lads! :biggrin.:

A big one for October, we've got some Genestealer Cultists and a heap of Orks!

Seeing as it's October today I'm going to throw down my next vow, 10 Neophyte Hybrids and 3 Spore Mines for a total of 6 Power

gallery_84244_15233_458958.jpg

'Ere we go! My first ever Orks! We've got the contents of a Combat Patrol box and a set of Kommandoz for what I think is a total of 350 points, although I don't have the Codex so I don't actually know for sure!

gallery_84244_17164_950807.jpg

Edited by Halandaar

Those Blood Angels look ace Majkhel! Beautiful work!

I'll post a picture of my lone finished Vanguard Veteran soon. Where the heck did the whole month of September just vanish?

Ps. Glad to see the Orktoberfest is rolling out here too!

Declaring my September vow completed :)gallery_105306_14251_1273051.jpg

med_gallery_105306_14251_451872.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_1421113.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_955315.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_492376.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_1779853.jpg

All done! Quite happy with the Krieg!

gallery_141590_16462_95678.jpg

gallery_141590_16462_49812.jpg

gallery_141590_17166_196348.jpg

I, Dwango , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of October pledge to complete 1 Death Korps of Krieg commissar of the 143rd Siege Regiment, some objective markers and a converted Betti Banshee of House Escher by month's end. I also may try and base all the Shadow Haunters this month.

sml_gallery_141590_15861_839622.jpg

sml_gallery_141590_15861_58993.jpg

sml_gallery_141590_15861_284449.jpg

More piccys in my thread if you wanna see more.

Thanks Jaipii! I'm really glad you like them :D

Your Veterans are something special. I truly admire your approach to black and the muted whites.

For Orktober, I feel I will need some bigger guns, so:

I, Majkhel of the Blood Angles, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of October pledge to complete 1 Leviathan Siege Dreadnought for the glory of the Angel by month's end.

med_gallery_105306_14251_900305.jpg

I have quite a few weapon options for him and hope to do as many as possible. The minimum though is the claw and grav-flux bombard.

Edited by Majkhel

Vow complete! Traditional wittering in the spoiler.

med_gallery_93054_16876_178410.jpeg

OK I know I said I was going to be more ambitious, and this is just a single model. Once again I was cripplied by the indecision that has kept them in the cupboard this long.

I finally decided I wanted them to be forest ranger types, light infantry from the very old codex. I bought myself British Bronze Green for the fatigues - which is ok but not that special in the end. I used Eshin Grey on the armour to start with - it looks good from the back (if the model has no backpack) but didn't have enough contrast from the front, so I went with black armour. Makes them look like Shadow Corp, but they will not be Cadian in the end, they will be my own regiment from a different world, but not worked up much fluff yet. I also need to choose a spot colour.

I know a lot of people are dying for a refresh of the Cadians, but I think the sculpt has held up pretty well. Yes the waist join on the standing ones is not always great, and some of the faces are a bit off, but generally I am happy with the models I have. I kitbashed quite a few to get a few different heads in anyway, and most of the squad is kneeling.

Finally, although these were sprayed by rattle can years ago, the primer is flaking off as soon as someone looks at the model. I really need the rain to stop so I can varnish!

med_gallery_93054_16876_292391.jpeg

Vow complete! Traditional wittering in the spoiler.

med_gallery_93054_16876_178410.jpeg

OK I know I said I was going to be more ambitious, and this is just a single model. Once again I was cripplied by the indecision that has kept them in the cupboard this long.

I finally decided I wanted them to be forest ranger types, light infantry from the very old codex. I bought myself British Bronze Green for the fatigues - which is ok but not that special in the end. I used Eshin Grey on the armour to start with - it looks good from the back (if the model has no backpack) but didn't have enough contrast from the front, so I went with black armour. Makes them look like Shadow Corp, but they will not be Cadian in the end, they will be my own regiment from a different world, but not worked up much fluff yet. I also need to choose a spot colour.

I know a lot of people are dying for a refresh of the Cadians, but I think the sculpt has held up pretty well. Yes the waist join on the standing ones is not always great, and some of the faces are a bit off, but generally I am happy with the models I have. I kitbashed quite a few to get a few different heads in anyway, and most of the squad is kneeling.

Finally, although these were sprayed by rattle can years ago, the primer is flaking off as soon as someone looks at the model. I really need the rain to stop so I can varnish!

med_gallery_93054_16876_292391.jpeg

It may be just this model, but the triangles formed by the white areas on the nozzle, shoulders, and helmet crest do a good job framing the face. I think it works as well as a traditional spot color.

Another month failed it would seem.. Alright, let's make this month the opposite. For the month, I vow the following:

=][=Grey Knights =][=

1. Lord Kaldor Draigo

2. 5m Paladin Squad

3. 5m Strike Squad

Here's my admission.. 

Full link (click on this one, the pictures there look much much better).. https://imgur.com/gallery/FYfygyP

So after repainting this wonderful beastick of a character at least three times, I can finally say I am proud for what I achieved. I also replaced his sword with the one from the paladins and added the book on top of his banner (as the old one looked too low res). He's also my first grey knight that has shading involved in his armor. Presenting - the Supreme Grand Master himself - Lord (yes titles are important!) Kaldor Draigo!

"We did not know where the warrior had come from. We felt the haze of warp translation, but no teleportation signature, no cipher-sending from the fleet. He bore a panoply that, had I now known better, would have marked him in my eyes as a Grand Master. But we did not know his face, but we knew his aura. We saw his intent, though, when he cleaved through the chaos spawn we fought. With the brother at our side - aye, I name him brother - we cast down the insane prophet and banished those he had summoned. Yet with the sealing of the portal, our brother spirit was pulled from our sight. To this day I do not know who he was."

- Attributed to Brother He'nemann, the Cleansing of Jostero.

I43owDB.jpg
r0larfi.jpg
7AbAUmp.jpg
ll6o0Am.jpg
jHNv9gy.jpg
Edited by Skywrath

I've decided to slowly start chewing on the bullet, and am going to strip and repaint my horde of Space Hulk genestealers (all 24 of them). They've been stuck with a quick and easy, entirely drybrushed look since 2nd ed. Hulk came out, and whilst it's simple enough that it doesn't clash with my Cult army, it doesn't look right either. I'm not planning to tackle them all at once, but will break them down into batches of four at a time, and drop them in-between other things to avoid genestealer overload.

Here are the first four - you can still see a bit of the older paint scheme where the meths weren't completely effective.

genestealers

I, Rogue, vow to complete four genestealers before the end of October.