=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

I, Miek, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete a Necron overlord by month's end.

It's already pretty advanced but I still have several hours to put on the weapons, edge highlights and the head which isn't even printed yet (more details on my WiP thread):

gallery_225534_16617_269185.jpg

Woohoo!

I'd like to paint one random mini each month, can you add me to the randomizer list?

For sure :thumbsup:

I've rolled a 3 and a 2, giving you a choice of Chaos Space Marines, or Adeptus Mechanicus

An excellent choice! I've got a single Admech model still unpainted, so let's go for that one!

I, TPS, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby challenge and, for the Month of January, vow to paint Belisarius Cawl.

EYshoWh.jpg

I’m in two minds whether to bother as I only lasted about 5-6 months last year and haven’t painted anything since around June. I did join in the eldar challenge but only ended up priming a vehicle cos I lost my mojo :whistling:

I’m in two minds whether to bother as I only lasted about 5-6 months last year and haven’t painted anything since around June. I did join in the eldar challenge but only ended up priming a vehicle cos I lost my mojo :whistling:

6 months is longer than others :tu:

You have Conquest right? Maybe have a goal of one model or piece of scenery for each month? You also don't need to pledge each month, you could sign up with just a Plodding Along vow, something to complete throughout the year

No I only have a few single issues here and there. I did build a few assault intercessors for the deathwatch last week I could pledge those once I’ve primed them I suppose. 

I, Axineton, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and between the months of January to June I pledge to complete 10 Assault Intercessors for the Deathwatch 

VukJiMeh.jpg

1MvL2tDh.jpg

Plodding along challenge accepted. 

Edited by Axineton

Sign me up!

=][= We are the Hammer! =][=

Are you keeping your focus on Dark Angels and Grey Knights this year, or are there plans to add other factions?

Truthfully, I've been thinking this for a while, but I see myself firmly more as a Grey Knight, rather than a Dark Angel. The buffs help to the Dark Angels, don't get me wrong, and I'm happy to see them being that strong, but I don't have the drive to play them anymore. Maybe I will, when the Lion returns, if he does. But at this point, I'm definitely a Grey Knight at heart.

Musings aside, here are my vows for this month:

Adeptus Custodes

1. Telemon Dreadnought 

2. Shield-Captain on Jetbike

3. 3 Allarus Custodians or 3 Dawneagle Jetbikes

4. Custodian Guard Squad of 5 (weaponry still TBD)

I, ThePenitentOne, pledge to paint a minimum of one model per month for all 12 months of 2021.

I further pledge that every model painted in 2021 will Crusade in 2021.

Finally, I pledge to finish painting and basing this Apprentice Jokaero by January 31, 2021:

Jokaero Apprentice

While I cannot be so bold as to pledge to complete my Journeyman Jokaero Model, I am considering a pledge to finish the conversion by adding a scratch built Defense Orb. It depends on how fast I finish my Apprentice. Here is a shot showing the Journeyman's conversion work to date:

Jokaero Journeyman, Left Arm

I don't want to wander off topic, so if you want to know more about these Jokaero, and how this conversion turns out, check out this link: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/368378-faction-ordo-xenos/
Edited by ThePenitentOne

Upon realising that I still have a ####load of grey plastic cracking, I hereby announce that I will embark once more on the good ship "12 months of hobby".

As my pledges will be varied, Grotsmasha if you'd be so kind as to randomise me and I'll think on January's pledge.

Upon realising that I still have a ####load of grey plastic cracking, I hereby announce that I will embark once more on the good ship "12 months of hobby".

As my pledges will be varied, Grotsmasha if you'd be so kind as to randomise me and I'll think on January's pledge.

The dice require either a Space Wolf, or a Heresy Emperor's Children Legionaire

So having finally remembered to change my avatar from a marine captain to a Cult magus, my first vow of 2021 is a marine captain in gravis armour. Funny how things work out. I've got some Cult stuff lined up for further down the line, but I'm also keen to pick up a few bits and pieces I have around (like last year's drop pod), just so that they're done - this captain, and a squad of Grey Knight terminators (for Space Hulk purposes), plus a complete set of Doctors for the Time of the Daleks game (not that you'll see them here, obviously).

Anyway. Here's the vow:

I, Rogue, vow to complete one marine captain in gravis armour before the end of January.

gravis captain

Good to see a new participant. Welcome Razhabyuul and good luck with the challenge!

I, Dwango , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete 9 incursers for the Shadow Haunters chapter by month's end.

med_gallery_141590_15861_466449.jpg

These will give my lone shadow haunter, I painted last year, some company.

I'm also going to vow the Lion as my plodding along vow. Looking forward to this one!

med_gallery_141590_15861_1024707.jpg

Hello everyone, I'm totally new and I'm really digging this idea.

I, Razhabyuul, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021, and for the month of January pledge to complete a chaos lord by month's end.

Welcome to the Challenge Razhabyuul :tu:

Here we go:
gallery_48988_15094_3920.png
I, Majkhel of the Blood Angles, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of JANUARY pledge to complete a count-as Callidus Assassin for the glory of the Angel by month's end.
med_gallery_105306_14251_155866.jpg

Additionally I shall attempt to tackle the StormRaven Ifailed to complete last year as a Plodding Along vow:
med_gallery_105306_14251_446168.jpg

I, Lord_Ikka, pledge to completely paint  a minimum of one miniature per month for all 12 months of 2021.

In addition, I pledge a Plodding Along vow of the following-

My remaining Inquisition stormtrooper army units:

20 lasrifle Solar Auxilia infantry

20 volkite Solar Auxilia infantry

2x Solar Auxilia Command sections

2x Taurox Primes

1 slightly converted Corvus Blackstar

For the month of January, and for the Speed Daemon category, I pledge one Acolyte of my Ordo Xenos warband to be finished by 3 January 2021.

(Apologies for the blurry pics, my potato of a phone camera has trouble with the black primer and focusing...)

t3pxWAD.jpg

BmPkMBX.jpg

Edited by Lord_Ikka

I'll have a go too! I did a Geminae Superior as my Boxing Day Bash so I'll pledge Celestine herself for January. Pic to follow!

I, Lord_Ikka, pledge to completely paint  a minimum of one miniature per month for all 12 months of 2021.

In addition, I pledge a Plodding Along vow of the following-

My remaining Inquisition stormtrooper army units:

20 lasrifle Solar Auxilia infantry

20 volkite Solar Auxilia infantry

2x Solar Auxilia Command sections

2x Taurox Primes

1 slightly converted Corvus Blackstar

For the month of January, and for the Speed Daemon category, I pledge one Acolyte of my Ordo Xenos warband to be finished by 3 January 2021.

(Apologies for the blurry pics, my potato of a phone camera has trouble with the black primer and focusing...)

Welcome to the Challenge :tu:

I'd very much like to be added to the randomiser list, please, Grot. :smile.:

Excellent :tu: The dice gods decree a 2, and a 5 (and a 4), your choice of Agents of the Imperium or Heresy Blood Angels

Cheers. :tu:

Any chance I could request a re-roll for that second result (Heresy Blood Angels), please?

I'd very much like to be added to the randomiser list, please, Grot. :smile.:

Excellent :thumbsup: The dice gods decree a 2, and a 5 (and a 4), your choice of Agents of the Imperium or Heresy Blood Angels

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Any chance I could request a re-roll for that second result (Heresy Blood Angels), please?

Looking at the numbers, you're second option was ACTUALLY Salamanders (not sure how I got it so wrong....), however with a re-roll (a 4 and 2) your options are Astra Militarum or Drukhari/Harlequins :tu: