=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

Hi All, 

This Christmas one of my presents was an AdMech Archaeopter. I have finally got around to starting this exciting project. I'm hoping to be able to magnetise guns etc so that I can use in it the different modes that it can come as. 

I'm posting this as a plodding on project rather than an April project as with many other commitments at the moment I know it's going to take longer than a month.

Here's a picture of the craft made up to the point before the wings are attached. I've decided to make and paint in stages, and as you can see the pilot needed to be painted up before I could put the two halves of the craft together.

Flyer

Aaaaaaaaaaand done with March Vow:

zc3eJwI.jpg

Skovakarah uhl zarûn!

Gederas, that is absolutely beautiful!

Unfortunately Grotsmasha, I appear to have failed my vow for last month as I don't have anything quick to paint up on that day. For this month I vow the one model, but it's probably going to take me a month to do (I'm positively getting anxious by the amount of detail the model has)... 

Ultramarines

1. Roboute Gulliman

If I get through that model somehow before the month ends..

Adeptus Custodes

1. 8 Vertus Praetors painted in the Solar Watch scheme

2. Vindicare Assassin

Edited by Skywrath

I haven't touched a model or paintbrush for 6 months because of well, everything, but I suddenly had a desire to paint some more Blackstone Fortress minis - so perhaps I can actually play it sometime!

I'm trying out my new 'fakebone' primer via airbrush (desert tan primer + zenithal of vallejo aged white) so I can Contrast them up. Also have a cunning plan for better BF bases with a new triangle stencil.

http://i.imgur.com/UAWfGMOh.jpg

WHuiJ8cl.jpg

Wish me luck!

I, Arkhanist, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of April pledge to complete 7 traitor guard by month's end.

Unfortunately Grotsmasha, I appear to have failed my vow for last month as I don't have anything quick to paint up on that day. For this month I vow the one model, but it's probably going to take me a month to do (I'm positively getting anxious by the amount of detail the model has)... 

Ultramarines

1. Roboute Gulliman

Adeptus Custodes

2. Vindicare Assassin

The trim is definitely tedious, if it's not already assembled, I recommend leaving the power pack off, as it caused much awkwardness for me.

I, Cleon, continue the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of April pledge to complete a pack of Long fangs, with Rune Priest and 5 Deathwatch speacilists (4 Termiators and a Blackshield) by month's end. (I know I have a second DW upgrade sprue somewhere, but as I can't find it at the moment the Inquistionish pad from the termiator box is placeholdering on two of them..)

Space wolves (I couldn't decide between 3 Heavy Bolters an 2 Missile Launchers or 2 and 3, so I built 3 of each and will have a swap).

gallery_56701_16832_134009.jpg

And the Deathwatch guys

gallery_56701_16832_52673.jpg

OK well the model arrived from Russia, so can complete my Eldar roll on the Randomiser from last month...

I, TBD, continue the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of April pledge to complete a Fuegan, the burning Lance

pic of partly constructed and badly undercoated model incoming ;-)

IMG-20210401-213514.jpg

Ultramarines

1. Roboute Gulliman

Adeptus Custodes

2. Vindicare Assassin

The trim is definitely tedious, if it's not already assembled, I recommend leaving the power pack off, as it caused much awkwardness for me.

Well then, I'm going to be in for a lot of fun it seems, as I glued the pack on.

Good eve to you all!!

March vow complete!!
I apologize for the less than stellar picture
However I haven’t had a day off in 3 weeks and it took every once of will power to get these finished in time

But here they are
10 iron havocs with flamers
10 iron havocs with missile launchers
1 sgt
3 quad rapiers 6 crew

gallery_95258_15280_276526.jpeg

Edited by Skidman

Done...

med_gallery_75911_16900_314394.jpg

Everything I have painted this month on the side as well.

med_gallery_75911_16900_1070994.jpg

I Slave to Darkness continue the 12 month hobby vow, and for the month of April I vow to complete...

1 Legion of the Damned Commander, 1 Legion of the Damned Ancient, 1 Kitbashed Vet Sgt Centurius (place holder mini in image until I find the bits I need), 3 Guard Vets, 2 Heavy Weapons teams, 1 Officer and 1 Whiteshield.

med_gallery_75911_16900_168028.jpg

med_gallery_75911_16900_749561.jpg

med_gallery_75911_16900_345587.jpg

My random role demanded a Custodes for March, so here we go, a Vertus Praetor

gallery_48988_16869_191396.jpg

and as Ockland mentioned, we're painting our way through Blackstone Fortress, and I've also completed the Ur-Ghuls and Rein and Raus,

gallery_48988_16869_153781.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_4453.jpg

Hidden Content

gallery_48988_16869_117546.jpggallery_48988_16869_88275.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_93077.jpggallery_48988_16869_11086.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_197388.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_147212.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_67867.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_76108.jpg

Here we go;

Chaplain Dosjetka:  Custodes (Double 2), or Chaos Daemons, or Necrons

Grotsmasha: Agents of the Imperium, HH White Scars

mactire:  Deathwatch or Craftworld Eldar / Harlequins

the_ballon_dog: Grey Knights or Iron Hands

TPS: Dark Angels Successor, or Chaos Space Marines

I, LameBeard, answer the call of the 12 Monthsof Hobby Challenge for April, and vow to complete one Terminator Captain. That's right, I looked at my grey plastic pile of shame and thought, nah, off to ebay for metal for me. See how I had to repair his blunted-off haircut?

med_gallery_93054_16876_159811.jpeg

Randomizer for Chapter:

1. Sythes of the Emperor (match the assault cannon)

2. Flesh Tearer

3. Minotaur

4. Mantis Warrior

5. Salamander

6. Grotsmasha chooses!

You can see I like schemes for terminators with shoulders in a contrasting colour - I also like contrasting helmet colour, but that won't really come through on the captain. Again, this is me re-living my teenage years, one of the first models I painted was this one in Deathwing scheme (but weirdly with red eyes - no idea why).

Thank you. I have never painted a Salamander before, and although I am not really a fan of the “red eyes” lore, in this particular instance I will do it - to honour that terminator captain from more than 30 years’ ago!

Also a last moment finish - the Impulsor:gallery_105306_14251_704343.jpg

Great work everyone!
- loving the lantern on the Superior's backpack Lienna!
- fantastic Bladeguard, Jaipii! Are those FW helmets? They look ace
- I love the OSL effect on the generatorium, Heraclite!
- that's some speed-painting Gederas, very nice shade of blue
- loving your biker, Chaplain. the smoke coming from the exhausts as awesome! Promethioum-madness :D
- great Night Lords' shieldwall, Gore Crow! Loving the bloody hand-marks on the shields

- loving the colours on the banner pole, toae!