=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

Thank you. I have never painted a Salamander before, and although I am not really a fan of the “red eyes” lore, in this particular instance I will do it - to honour that terminator captain from more than 30 years’ ago!

An elder member will no doubt have to correct me on this but if I remember correctly, the red eyes and coal black skin are a 4th Edition and onwards thing. 2nd and 3rd Edition Salamanders had brown skin and regular human eyes. And, for what it's worth, that's how I painted mine (link and link) in case you're curious to see how it looks.

@Dosjetka - awesome (and speedy!) Mantis Warrior. How did you do the amazing shoulder icon? And thanks for the gallery tip.

Cheers! :smile.:

The shoulder icon was painted by hand and then "fixed" with tactically-applied battle damage. :biggrin.:

There really is some amazing work going on in here! For me work continues on the Lions base. Nearly done with that. I'm also going to persist with my primaris lot...

I, Dwango , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of April pledge to complete 10 veteran Intersessors for the Imperial Fists 3rd company by month's end.

med_gallery_141590_15861_99207.jpg

med_gallery_141590_15861_168560.jpg

@Majkhel

Those Raven Guard helmets on my Bladeguards are from eBay: Forges of Mars. Happened to find them when I was browsing eBay and they look ace! The bits I received had a pretty rough surface (3d print?), but some fine wet sandpaper and they are ready for a smooth paint job! :D

Let's keep this momentum going! I've gone from having an unpainted army set to being over half way done!

I, Lienna, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of April pledge to complete a 5 woman battle sister squad by month's end.

XZ3sNwD.jpg

2 sisters with flamers (including the wonderful one with the burnt victim), 1 with bolter, 1 with similacrum imperialis and superior with chainsword and tactical prayer-book.

So I failed to finish my March vow in time. I'm intending to finish it in April instead; do I need to re-vow it, and/or do i need to finish it before I vow something else for April?

For April, I vow to complete:

My missed models for March - 1x Ultramarine Tactical Marine, 1x Captain Cato Sicarius, 1x Ultramarine Librarian, 1x Sgt Telion

51092666084_3862803658.jpg

4x pieces of crashed Aquila Lander

51092680097_3a85529175.jpg

1x dirt/weathering on Iron Warriors Predator, 1x Imperial Guard Flag Objective Marker

51092680107_9eb3415cbc.jpg

So I failed to finish my March vow in time. I'm intending to finish it in April instead; do I need to re-vow it, and/or do i need to finish it before I vow something else for April?

No need to re-vow, you may vow and complete new items before finishing March's things :tu:

So last month was a busy month, with just one model finished, and I suspect this one won’t be much better. So for this month I need to do one marine from Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch’s Thunder Coyotes DIY chapter for the LASC 2021.

I, Troakir, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of April pledge to complete one Space Marine of the Thunder Coyotes (and if I have time a some Sister of Battle from my Plodding Along vow ) by month's end.

My starting point is a somewhat damaged primaries marine I have, will see if I can spruce him up a bit.

gallery_29932_13153_58311.jpg

And for the first time this time around, multiple (albeit poorly lit) photos:

gallery_36568_16061_49249.jpg

Not happy on the exhaust staining.

gallery_36568_16061_1834.jpggallery_36568_16061_13865.jpg

Angels of Decay aren't that great at giving way to pedestrians...

gallery_36568_16061_4128.jpg

Why use paint when you have blood.

gallery_36568_16061_54187.jpg

The old winged Agemmo of the Angels of Ultramar (from whom the Angels of Decay stem) with a nice bloody trilobe on top.

Cant be seen in the photos but there is slime coming from some of the vents. First model I have been about 90% happy with for a while.

No need to re-vow, you may vow and complete new items before finishing March's things :thumbsup:

Great! In which case I'll keep it modest for April and in addition to my unfinished March models i'll just vow a single Assault Intercessor (for the Liber Astartes Swap Challenge) and a Deathwatch Terminator.

med_gallery_84244_11417_580328.jpg

OK so finished Aprils Model nice and early ... might pledge another, but got some none 40k models on the go at moment...

Think this is my first time painting Craftworld Eldar despite off and on being involved in the hobby for nearly 3 decades (granted good chunk of that was 'off') ... And it's not even an official model ;-)... But just got my first 3 Artel W models won't be the last), and they all super nice.... Really nice sculpts, no issues with the supplied pieces and packages with a nice wax stamp. A++

This guys is described as a Flaming Drake Prime... But look at some official artwork and it's definitely Fuegan the burning Lance...

Let me know what you think... You guys tried any of the Artel minis yourself?

IMG-20210407-163326.jpg

IMG-20210407-163342.jpg

IMG-20210407-163414.jpg

IMG-20210407-163404-2.jpg

IMG-20210407-163355.jpg