=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

Also barring any unforeseen issues I should get my plodding along knight finished this weekend...

And I vow NEVER to say anything like this again... Thankfully a long weekend here (Monday public holiday) as within 20 minutes of posting this one of the remaining bits slipped from my fingers and plopped square into a spot of green paint on my palette... Thankfully after a wipe off it was just tidying up the base red and edge highlight on the little melta targeting pod...

Completed Imperial Knight Castellan

gallery_56701_16832_119121.jpg

Excitingly (for me), this month's vow is directly game-related. In a couple of weeks, I'll be playing my first game in around seven months (against someone I'm not married to, that is), and I need two acolytes to finish off the list I want to put down. So that's this month's vow.

I, Rogue, vow to complete two acolytes by month's end (or even better, the 18th), or I'll be fairly peeved with myself.

acolytes1

acolytes2

The first photo shows the acolytes is their post-eBay form. As I was base-coating them grey, I noticed that the previous owner was less fussed about matching arms to shoulder sockets than i am, so I needed to rearrange a few things to get it all lining up. So in the second photo, you can see where the leader has had his left arms completely replaced, and the icon-bearer lost a claw on the left, and gained one on the right. Hopefully the seams won't show after painting. 

Calling this May vow finished- 10 lasrifle and 10 volkite Solar Auxilia troopers. Also, my Plodding Along vow for the first half of the year is finished. I will have pics of the full Plodding Along put up later today, right now most of it is packed up for a game this evening. Anyway, here's the troopers-

QaZX7zD.jpg

rEEA9z9.jpg

Here is my progress for my April vow. Managed to get a lot done!

That is 1x dirt under a Chaos Predator, 1x Objective marker, 1x Sgt Telion, 1x Tactical Marine (painted as a company veteran, but still in the 5th Company so that he can lead a combat squad), and 4x pieces of a crashed Aquila Lander.

51155599387_8b51602291.jpg

But I still did not manage to get through the Librarian and Captain Cato Sicarius. Adding another Tactical Squad, Terminator Squad, and Vanguard Veteran Squad to my Ultramarines backlog is unfortunately not helping me break it down.

This month I want to start off slow and build my way up. Going to start with an Ultramarines Librarian, Captain Cato Sicarius, and 3x objective markers made with old Thousand Sons bits. Two of the main players in my local group play TSons (one of them exclusively), and I've thought about getting into them so I wanted to paint up a few in each of our colours.

51155599232_42a76516d5.jpg

Edited by Llagos_Tyrant

A nice photo of last month's Terminators...

SXMvN31.jpg

...and a shot of the six that didn't make it in time to count for April. I guess they'll be a "Stubborn" for May.

0GN3WOb.jpg

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

Looks like I actually got some painting time in early this month. Quite uncharacteristically I'm already done with painting my...

+++Signal Error+++

Pledge status=0

Objective=Complete

Current status:ukQ2Fk9.jpg

Target Month = "May"

+++Rebooting+++

... so since I'm done so soon I guess I'll pledge more. 3 arco flagellants should go nicely before months end.

oQYnewn.jpg

+++Signal error+++

BEGIN CONSTRUCTION OF THREE SCARAB SWARMS.

Edited by Lienna

I Slave to Darkness vow blah blah month of May something something vow to complete two 'Deathriders' and a Veteran Guardsman.

med_gallery_75911_16900_228645.jpg

I thought I would do a small vow this month, I wanna crack on with a cityfight board and dont want a load of minis distracting me.

Done, paints are drying out so I still have a few bits to touch up but there's paint on them an that's all that matters to me. :D

Three down, many more to go.

med_gallery_75911_16694_27547.jpg

I, andes, continue the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete a Kommando Nob by month's end.

I declare this vow complete.

LQ2hYN5l.jpg

One of the coolest Ork minis GW has made IMHO. Great paintjob, love da rusty klaw!

Edited by Azaiel

I, Focslain, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge and for the month of May pledge to complete 10 Infiltrators of the Brazen Skulls chapter by month's end

20210508 170749

Originally these were slated for my Ultramarines, but while piecing the kits together I like the sculpts from Shadowspear much better. So I'm going to get a Vanguard box later this week.

This will be slow going as I got a bit of distractions, but by the Emperor I will complete at least a unit a month.

So back from a big army exercise and ready to pledge again.

I, Etheneus, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete a Valkyre for the Imperium by month's end.

ESoOuNI.jpg

Not even assembled. Will magnetise and paint interior. No plans on making somebody jump out of it or something but will make a scenic base if I have the time.