=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

There's always so much nice stuff in this thread. And always good to see 40k beastmen - very retro (even when they're not).

Here's my vow for July - three acolytes to round out a third brood of ten, or to make up a brood of twenty should I ever want to. The guy with two knives is there to be a stand-in leader when needed, or a regular acolyte in a bigger brood. I figure the twin blades makes him stand out enough to be picked out as a leader, but not so much that he can't blend into the crowd when necessary.

acolytes

I, Rogue, vow to complete three acolytes before the end of July (and ideally within the next fortnight).

Well, I got a good chunk of the Triumph done but decent painting time has been hard to come by this past month, so it's going to have to run over in to July.

Just remember a single model, or base counts, so if one of those Sisters, or the base is complete, posting it will earn the Completion :thumbsup:

Ooh! In which case, vow "complete" :biggrin.:

gallery_84244_16814_101189.jpg

I've kinda lost track of where I am with vows and completions, but seeing as all my Black Templars are indeed finished (albeit not necessarily photographed) for July I vow a Warbringer Titan (AT scale).

zz9QlRy.jpeg

EDIT: looking back through apparently I've been a right pillock and forgot to post completion of last month's second vow. I'll take pretty pictures of those models alongside my Titans and post them for completeness.

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

Hello my friends, sorry I didn't manage anything in June. To try to make up, I, LameBeard, answer the call of the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of July, pledge one Adeptus Titanicus Reaver Titan, for the glory of Legio Defensor.

med_gallery_93054_17005_29298.jpegmed_gallery_93054_17005_18789.jpeg

Edit: Hang on, @SufficientAnonymity, are those stag horns on the side of that Warbringer's head? Have I just turned up to the party wearing the same dress as you?

Edited by LameBeard

Edit: Hang on, @SufficientAnonymity, are those stag horns on the side of that Warbringer's head? Have I just turned up to the party wearing the same dress as you?

Indeed they are :P They're some bits of my partner's spare Sylvaneth, and it turns out they are ideal for antlers - I've got them on my Warbringer and Warlords.

I'm doing a slightly modified Legio Defensor scheme - rather than a conventional white and lime, I'm doing cream and teal. The right hand side remains majority black, though.

Hey grot. Sorry for posting this here. I seem to have lost access to the rest of the site and cannot reset my password. Please could i ask that this be passed onto the right admin?

So I got massively distracted and didn't get my stratoraptor done in time. I'll try and get pictures done soon as it is mostly done. 

I'm going to just shift this to a prodding along as I can't really focus on one project right now. Hopefully I can finish the base by the end of the year.

Presenting my finest work yet - the Interrogator Chaplain Seraphicus in Terminator Armor! Very very stoked how he looks... if the back legs looks like it has a bit of grey on it (leadbelcher), it's actually the light reflecting on the 'ardcoat I gave him. Butchering a limited edition chaplain for this? Absolutely worth it.

D81X5Z8.jpg
LPraTpE.jpg
7nivn97.jpg
rwHY7fB.jpg
C2epgYy.jpg

Work has finally gotten a little more sane (and the footie is over) so I, Arkhanist, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge and for the month of July pledge to complete Obsidius Mallex and 2 BSF chaos marines by month's end.

This is as far as I got in June. You may note that they're no longer Black legion - I messed up the bolter barrels drilling them out, so decided to change the shoulder pads and a few other bits to make them more unique, as well as fresh bolter arms.

AflqwjCh.jpg