=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

I sat down and started painting to the sounds of birdsong (Probably complaining about the heat in bird language, it's a British tradition) with some slow strings/choir music on, and got all the way to painting the silver before realising two things.

First, two hours of the day had vanished into the past in seemingly the blink of an eye.

Second, I forgot to take any pictures and throw in another vow before starting to paint! :sweat: :laugh.:

But at least I can fix that now:

I, Ace Debonair, hereby embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of July, I pledge to complete Two (2) Sisters Repentia of the Order of the Iron Tower by month's end!

gallery_46204_9220_199451.jpg

Don't know when I'll get time to finish painting these choppy girls, but I've got a few days yet before the month's up. :turned:

EDIT:

Just browsing the last few pages of this thread - some really amazing stuff being made here, brothers! This thread never fails to inspire.

Edited by Ace Debonair

That calligraphy on the knee pad. Awesome work in an awesome thread. The irony than @TPS is making me want to start Iron Warriors, and @SufficientAnonymity - well you know I’ve already started Legio Defensor!

This thread in general is a great source of inspiration and motivation to fight the grey pile of potential!

Also, that antlered Warmaster Titan is fantastic and I can't wait to see more Adeptus Titanicus in here!

Vow Complete!:biggrin.:

gallery_46204_9220_56185.jpg

Sisters Mara and Elycia, Repentant for the crime of cowardice under fire.

Elycia's hair doesn't look quite so strongly red in reality, it seems to come through much stronger in pictures. Mara is wearing a hood (same green as the robes), although I couldn't get a decent angle on her face to show it off.

Only one more picture this time, but I've spoilered it anyway so I'm not cluttering the thread so much.

At first I was like "But those spiked chains would hurt like hell", but then I realised that is probably pretty much the point.
gallery_46204_9220_81495.jpg

Update- Almost done with the Necrons (11 scarabs, 5 Deathmarks, 2 Spyders) but decided to paint something else due to a local Facebook group. So, I will additionally vow an Inquisitor's personal Dracosan Armored Transport converted to a Taurox Prime (wordy, I know) for the month of July.

Second set of pics is of the beast primed and a size comparision (that someone on Facebook wanted) of it and a regular Taruox Prime. The Inquisitor is travelling in style!

c9zTwmh.jpeg

XgPMxyg.jpeg

dB3cYc9.jpeg

IAoTeFk.jpeg

Ok, so FINALLY got some breathing space to take a picture and upload it. 

Here's a recent WIP of the stratoraptor I'm working on. I need to finish the glass and get it's custom base done. Currently using an old flight base from a valkyrie to hold her up. I'll get better pictures hopefully this weekend. Hopefully...

20210722 182419

I really like that VTOL look if one is going for a less Da Vinci-crazy Mechanicus.

Yeah, also fits the xenos tech my admech have. I have to get pictures of the skatarii but I have a squad of rangers wielding tau pulse rifles and a rail rifle. I have plans to equip my vanguard with modified pulse carbines as well, also let us not talk about how fluff wise I get my skatarii in the first place.

Edited by Focslain

Here's a recent WIP of the stratoraptor I'm working on.

Tau Ethereal (as railgun-armed Stratoraptors strafe his bodyguards): "How dare you use Tau weapons against the Greater G-"

Tau Ethereal (as a talon reaches into his back, to grip his heart): "Gah!"

Archmagos Clu (punching through the Ethereal's chest to show him his own heart): "How dare you steal the STCs for the light tank to use weapons humanity developed to defend itself, against humanity."

(My old joke on how the Hammerhead gunship is a human design the Tau stole, due to its resemblance to the light tank in the 1982 film TRON.)

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

Here's a recent WIP of the stratoraptor I'm working on.

Tau Ethereal (as railgun-armed Stratoraptors strafe his bodyguards): "How dare you use Tau weapons against the Greater G-"

Tau Ethereal (as a talon reaches into his back, to grip his heart,): "Gah!"

Archmagos Clu (punching through the Ethereal's chest to show him his own heart): "How dare you steal the STCs for the light tank to use weapons humanity developed to defend itself, against humanity."

(My old joke on how the Hammerhead gunship is a human design the Tau stole, due to its resemblance to the light tank in the 1982 film TRON.)

Crap, I might have to paint my planned onager in a Tron style now.

Excellent idea!

Remember what lighting colors symbolize in TRON and its sequel. Blue= civilians; red= military/security personnel; yellow= Clu, symbolizing his superiority over all other programs; white= users, superior to all programs.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

Excellent idea!

Remember what lighting colors symbolize in TRON and its sequel. Blue= civilians; red= military/security personnel; yellow= Clu, symbolizing his superiority over all other programs; white= users, superior to all programs.

Well red would be the top choice, also would be semi easish as the onager is a tau devil fish fused into a triarch stalker. I just need to see if the sibling unit will part with hers.

So, the last couple of months have been pretty hectic but it is now time to get back at it.

I, Dwango , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of July pledge to complete 2 lieutenants and 3 suppressors for the Shadow Haunters 6th company and 1 palanite enforcer by month's end.

med_gallery_141590_15861_144935.jpg

med_gallery_141590_15861_491823.jpg

med_gallery_141590_15861_8354.jpg

med_gallery_141590_15861_131182.jpg

I'm going to attempt to do the enforcer in 24 hours.........go!