=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

For October, there is a stand out Favourite, Majkhel's outstanding Blood Angels Leviathan Dreadnaught.

Well deserved! Wonderful work on an amazing model, Majkhel -- makes me want a Leviathan for my IF :yes:

Thank you kindly, Andes! I can only say - don't fight this urge, it's a wonderful model to paint! :biggrin.:

And thank you for this recognition, Grot! There were many wonderful models done for October!

Edited by Majkhel

Vow Complete!
gallery_46204_9220_14054.jpg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Sister Iona watched the scene unfold below her. Perched as she was on the eaves of the great Cathedral of Solemn Duty, she could see the crowd surging towards the gates. The armsmen on duty fell back inside as the mob started flinging mud and stones at them.

From here, Iona could hear the bitterness and rage in the mob's yelling.

"Should we intercede?" She heard Sister Anka ask over the vox. Before Iona could reply, Sister Trava barked a terse report.

"Targets approaching, from the south. Six men, pistols and knives. Iona, they've brought armour. Some kind of walker."

It wouldn't be enough. Iona smirked, and let her hands fall to the blessed melta guns at her hip. Could she hear it loose a keening howl at the sense of upcoming combat, or was that just the wind?

"Heretic sighted," Anka added. "From the east. White robes, as always, three bodyguards. Autoguns, but I think one of them has grenades as well."

Iona fancied she could already feel the meltas in her hands, their reassuring weight. She tensed, waiting for the command.

"We'll not have a siege on our hands today, sisters. Anka, with me. Iona, take that armour out, then meet with us on the east." Trava commanded.

Iona drew her meltas, savouring the moment as they slid free from their holsters.

"Fire and fury, sisters," Iona called into the vox as she stepped from the top of the Cathedral, and took flight.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

By The Emperor, Seraphim are so much fun to paint. :biggrin.:

More pics below (including one from the front that's more in focus, didn't realise my first one was so blurry until just now :blush.: )

Side on shot:
gallery_46204_9220_18977.jpg
Jump Pack view:
gallery_46204_9220_38841.jpg
Other side:
gallery_46204_9220_60222.jpg
Surveying the scene:
gallery_46204_9220_22906.jpg

Edited by Ace Debonair

Nice Painboy. That vibrant green flesh is great.

It's quiet one from me this month - we're moving house, but via another house, so most stuff is getting packed away and stored for a bit. This means less hobby time at the moment, so I'm only committing to a single cultist:

goliath

It's the one on the left, with the blasting charges in hand. I'm painting him as a squad leader (because whilst autopistol leaders look cool, they're also less firepower). He's currently further forward than you see here, but that's largely because it's taken me over a week to get the 'before' picture posted.

Due to a Warpstorm (aka- a canine named Magnus), my Inceptors for this month's vow are damaged and need some serious repair. Because of that, I will have to remove them from my vow. I will still complete the Redemptor and the Bladeguard.

No, it's fine. This time it was only three models; a previous dog managed to destroy an entire 2k Harlequin/Craftworld army. Given that these are SM, they're much easier to repair than the small, fiddly Aeldari. Edited by Lord_Ikka

I, Grotsmasha, hereby vow the Emperors Champion for 100pts to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

gallery_48988_16869_120318.jpg

Vow Complete

gallery_48988_16869_19088.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_100755.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_61837.jpg

So, you may have noticed the sword is different, I dropped my painting handle on it and OBLITERATED the sword (thankfully, only the sword), so I'va had to re-print and re-paint the sword or I'd have been done last week.

Additionally, I've found another cool model to print, if some one could help me out with the points cost,

I, Grotsmasha, hereby vow the Hero of Helsreach, Reclusiarch Grimaldus for xxxpts to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

gallery_48988_16869_96203.jpg

So many nice models! Love that vet Majkhel, and Godspeed Lord_Ikka!

I, Miek, for the month of November pledge to complete a Skaven Lord of Change by month's end.

There's still a lot to do on this model, but it'll motivate me to speed up the process.

med_gallery_225534_16617_24302.jpg
I think I'm done!

gallery_225534_17016_748654.jpg

Another view (apologies for the inconsistent lighting):

gallery_225534_17016_521273.jpg
Edited by Miek

Nice work. I like the subtle lighting effects on the feathers.

Here's my completed neophyte.

neophyte

He's less washed-out in reality, but even the insurrectionists of the grim-dark future have access to #filters, it seems, so what can you do? 

I love the blue helms on the rapier crew - I guess this is a deliberate call-back to the old Rogue Trader army. After all, that base rim appears to be Goblin Green? Beautiful highlights too. Inspiring stuff.

Thanks and yes, it's authentic Goblin Green :happy.:

I did some research as to what the helmets would be and apparently, the Imperial Army used to have blue helmets to mark out their artillery units. This fits with my Blood Angels and given the unit is a Heavy choice, it make sense to be crewed by Devastator Marines rather than Tactical ones

Been way behind on my vows, thought moving out of the hostel would have been a good thing, turns out lifes harder now... I lost the wood I was gonna use for the table so that vow aint getting done, but Ill do enough scenery for a table instead so Im kinda still on the right track. I still need to get my bits boxes back from my friends and a lot of the stuff I need for my Khorne Guardsmen is there as well, so they will have to wait for the time being. :(

I did blow nearly 100 quid on paints last week so I can finish my outstanding vows now, and as I have missed oct and nov Im gonna add to my backlog and vow a Chaos Knight and a converted Be'Lakor for my Slaaneshi marines.

Busy busy busy for me... Keep up the good work guys, Im seeing some good stuff here, just wish I had the time to go through everything and comment on individual posts but I have no idea how long my 8gig of data will last on my relic of a phone. So in the words of Hancock 'GOOD JOB' *sticks thumbs up*. :)

@Slaves to Darkness - good to see you're back my friend. In other news, vow complete!

med_gallery_93054_16876_122896.jpeg

Another pic in the

med_gallery_93054_16876_277071.jpeg

My favourite is the Autogun (an old metal bit from 1st edition Necromunda I think - same goes for the shotgun). You can't see in the photos, but he also has a pair of magnoculars so I use him as the Spottter in Kill Team. I still cannot paint eyes, so I was very glad to have a bit of fun with the goggles. Again you cannot see, but goggles has a spare missile, I used him as the heavy weapon team member (yes he was built so long ago it was before the heavy weapons team became one model with two wounds - it was still two models with one wound each in the rules.

And with the previous 2 members, we now have 6 in the squad. Will see if I can make any more progress this month.

med_gallery_93054_16876_364334.jpeg

Edited by LameBeard

I've got a very angry and fleshy hound ready:

qY2zAls.jpg

On another note, it may be a bit late, but if that's ok, I'm going to revise my Plodding Along vow, because an opportunity came along and I just couldn't resist ...

jtQ7JJ0.jpg

This Chaos Warhound has been partially de-chaosified by its previous owner. But you can't stop Chaos by just sticking some un-mutated armour panels on! My plan is to create trim on various armour panels that are missing it, sculpt a big Chaos symbol on the back plate, magnetize the arms so it can swap weapons with my regular Warhound and put some paint on it for an at least battle-ready status.

I'm excited to have a go at this and will do my best to finish it over the holiday season unitl the beginning of 2022.

Dont have the bits to do my Khornate Squats atm, so Ima change that to a Daemon Prince instead, and I just remembered I didnt do a before pik so Ill get onto that now before I paint... :)

oooooo so much to paint, I can do this...