=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

Got my vow and more done, here's the pictures.

10 Assault Intercessors

20210113 185119

3 Outriders

20210113 183932

Captain and bonus command group (Bladeguard Ancient, Chaplain, Judiciar, LT)

20210113 184047

and because I was on a roll but didn't vow, here's the rest of the set:

3 Bladeguard and 3 Eradicators.

20210113 184303

Slight update to my Plodding Along vow- due to interference by warp beasts (kittens) I only have 40 Solar Auxilia to paint, rather than 42, which is annoying. However, all my infantry and both taurox primes are now primed for painting. Still waiting on my heavy bolters to come in before I can finish my Blackstar-to-Valkyrie conversion.

CuYGllS.jpg

Also, will vow this guy for January as well (since I finished the acolyte so quickly), my Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Cypha Ly-

6NsG8Nh.jpg

ccFZ7Vf.jpg

Edited by Lord_Ikka

Thanks for all the praise :D I'm so proud of this model.

I would be so nervous painting around that much white

It was all broken down into subassemblies so I could work on a lot of the dark areas away from the white, then the white was touched up and panel lined as the very last step (before sticking the subassemblies together).

So a sketchy image of my first completion of the year: Revered Brother Voldus Maxim - Interred in a Redemptor Dreadnought Chassis following the Siege of Hive Corvinium M.41

gallery_36568_16061_2139.jpg

My phone has suddenly stopped working properly for photos. It likes to unfocus just as it takes the photo. I think the camera lens or the cover is scratched and its trying to focus on that. I may need to crack out my camera and then try to work some magic there. When I get a chance I will base and add transfers but for now I don't have the material for either so Maxim is done for now.

Will attempt better photos tomorrow.

Let's keep the white minis coming! Well technically light grey. Either way my pledge is finished, or will be once I manage to get some spray varnish, waiting for lockdown to end for that as I'd rather shop at my local shop. Regardless here is my Penitent engine, which is also mini 1/25 of my slogging along pledge!

ST0JORq.jpg

If you want to see more angles, including it next to my metal PE you can see them here: https://imgur.com/a/owABXiI

That white is absolutely gorgeous! Great job! Does anyone know a titan legion that was attached or worked with the iron warriors during the Horus heresy? Since I’m finished with my January vow I figure I’ll work on my plodding along vow for the rest of the month but I’m not so familiar with the titan houses

That white is absolutely gorgeous! Great job! Does anyone know a titan legion that was attached or worked with the iron warriors during the Horus heresy? Since I’m finished with my January vow I figure I’ll work on my plodding along vow for the rest of the month but I’m not so familiar with the titan houses

You could pick Mortis, Krytos, Fureans, Magna, Tempestus or Argentum, but any legio is on the table really.

Edited by Gore Crow

So, :cuss it  , someone want to randomize a model / faction for me to paint? Randomizer is at the end of the 1st post.

I've sat down at the desk multiple times and can't get my mojo to go....

6. Tyranids OR Genestealer Cults buddy.

Or o could go again?

So, :censored: it  , someone want to randomize a model / faction for me to paint? Randomizer is at the end of the 1st post.

I've sat down at the desk multiple times and can't get my mojo to go....

6. Tyranids OR Genestealer Cults buddy.

Or o could go again?

I'm going to have to go again, Tyranids/GSC is probably the ONLY Faction I don't have a model for....

January done!

Leman Russ turret and sponson options:

IwBHMuZ.jpg

A few days ago I also got hold of 5 tank upgrade sprues, will add to this and my other russes.

Tempestor Prime:

np2AvG4.jpg

Yes, the rim around the base will be painted but I lack black paint. Used the last on the tank options and the shipment of new have been delayed.

Let the Hawks Fly!

gallery_46204_9220_59586.jpg

I'd forgotten how much harder it is to paint a decent white than it is to just contrast-coat the base colour of a model. :ermm:

I finally did the thing I've been meaning to do, though - if you look carefully at his sword (more pics below), every third tooth is bone-coloured, the teeth ritually replaced with sharpened sections of incredibly durable monster bone. The White Hawks do love their trophies, and using bits of a dead monster to kill other monsters (and heretics, etc) is just about the most White Hawk thing I can think of! :laugh.:

Also the base took forever to sort out, because the modelling clay I've got takes a much longer time to dry than greenstuff does. :sweat:

shot of the Chapter symbol
gallery_46204_9220_46068.jpg

Of course, when you're taking trophies then scales and fangs are always a fine pick:
gallery_46204_9220_3780.jpg

Weird but true, these are easily my favourite backpacks of any space marine model. Just satisfying to paint!
gallery_46204_9220_67019.jpg

And a slightly blurry look at the teeth of the chainsword:
gallery_46204_9220_50227.jpg