=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

That Shokk Jump Dragsta look amazingly Orky @TBD ! :thumbsup: And nice to see so many finished already!

This time even I have managed to complete my vow in time!

1 x Vanguard Veteran and 1 x Assault Intercessor finished for my November vow! :wink:

med_gallery_197938_16113_459044.jpgmed_gallery_197938_16113_87841.jpg

gallery_197938_16113_127804.jpggallery_197938_16113_209711.jpg

Here I was, all ready to post my completion when I realised I'd forgotten to do the Nob. Speed paint time....

Soooooo, speed paint right?

I actually did paint the Nob himself in 3hrs, but apparently it's taken a month to bother to print and paint a base for him....

Vow complete, 1 Nob, 18 Boyz, plus two extra's who were far too gone to vow,

gallery_48988_16869_176105.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_16060.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_119.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_377498.jpg

Finally got around to the blood effects on Belakor's base,

That looks amazing! Is it GW's blood effect paint?

Yep, Blood for the Blood God. It's painted over Mephiston Red up on the rocks, and over Stirland on the base. I used two different basing textured to enhance the ..... corruptive effect of the blood.

Forgot to post the before pictures the other day.

med_gallery_75911_16694_405728.jpg

Khorne DP, Slaaneshi Genestealer Patriarch (to be converted), Spawn, Vindicator and Land Raider...

med_gallery_75911_16694_515894.jpg

Assorted Guardsmen...

med_gallery_75911_16694_59126.jpg

Be'Lakor and Knight, (Be'Lakor will be getting converted)...

November Summary

With the end of the year within sight, November saw a reduction in participation with 19 Frater engaging in the Challenge. Of the 19 Frater, all but one manged to complete their pledged models. Between the 19 of us we vowed 124 models, with 109 of those models completed for the month.

Compared to previous years, I have streamlined awarding the Badges a little, and have begun adding Badges in the first post of each Month as they are earned. Please feel free to add them to your Signatures as you see them appear each month.

- the 3rd time you earn a Badge it upgrades from Black to Bronze, available from March

- the 6th time you earn a Badge it upgrades from Bronze to Silver, available from June

- the 9th time you earn a Badge it upgrades from Silver to Gold, available from September

- if you manage to earn a Badge for all 12 Months of the Challenge, it will upgrade to Platinum

The Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum Badges are in a separate Post below.

gallery_48988_15094_5845.png gallery_48988_15094_1454.png gallery_48988_15094_3346.png gallery_48988_15094_2147.png gallery_48988_15094_2212.png gallery_48988_15094_1984.png

andes (Artificer)
Ace Debonair (Artificer)
Cleon (Artificer, Seriously)

Dwango (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)
Etheneus (Artificer, Seriously)
Grotsmasha (Artificer, Seriously, Stubborn)
guardian31 (Artificer, Last Minute)
Jaipii (Artificer, Stubborn))
Jaxomb(Artificer, Seriously)
Jolemai (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)
LameBeard (Artificer)
Lord Ikka (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)
Majkhel (Artificer, Stubborn)
Miek (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)
Rogue (Artificer)
the_balloon_dog (Artificer)

TPS (Artificer, Seriously)
Trokair (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

gallery_48988_15094_4604.png

consriptboris

gallery_48988_15094_2403.png

Once again, there were several GREAT choices for this month's Favourite, Majkhels BGV, Miek's Lord of Change, and TBD's Shokk Jump Dragsta, but once again Jaipii's outstanding Raven Guard claim the top spot for November. Well done.

gallery_197938_16113_795235.jpg

Edited by Grotsmasha

Skip to a month...

December

gallery_48988_15094_5045.png

The following award badges are up for grabs this month,

sml_gallery_48988_15094_2003.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_2896.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_4765.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_5551.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_3080.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_1990.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_6086.png

There is also a badge for those who wish to make a pledge for years end, a slow burn model or project to work on through out the year,

sml_gallery_48988_16821_3192.png

and for those who don't complete their pledge this month,

sml_gallery_48988_15094_20.png

There are Bronze, Silver, and Gold versions of these badges to be awarded to those who earn the same badge multiple times. There is also a Platinum version of each badge available to anyone who earns the same badge for all 12 months, even the Next Month badge :wink: .

Participating
Vowed, No pic
Vowed, with pic
Complete

List of Participants

AGPO -
andes - Red Gobbo on Bounca (Artificer)
Ace Debonair - 1 Primaris Reiver (Artificer, Speed Daemon)
Akhanist -
Axineton -
Azaiel -
Beaky Brigade -
Brother Argent -
Cleon - 3 Primaris Outriders (Artificer, Seriously)

consriptboris -
DOGGED -
Dosjetka -
Dwango - 7 House Esher Gangers, 1 Legion Apothecary, Lion El Jonson, Primarch of the 1st Legions Astartes (Plodding Along)(Artificer, Seriously)
Etheneus - 5 Scions (Artificer, Seriously)
Focslain -
Gederas -
Givemead -
Gore Crow -
Grotsmasha - Red Gobbo on Bounca (Speed Daemon) DA Secret Santa (Artificer)
guardian31 - 1 Helbrute (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)
Halandaar -
Heraclite - 6 Scenery pieces (Plodding Along)(Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)
Jaipii -
Jaxom - The Emperors Champion (Artificer)
Jolemai - 7 Necromunda Gangers (Plodding Along)(Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)
LameBeard -
Lienna -
lokkorex -
Lord Ikka - 3 Skorpekh Destroyers, 3 Canoptek Wraiths,1 Counts-As Deciever, 1 Technomancer, 6 Scarab bases, 2 Primaris Chaplains, 1 Judicar, 1 Bladeguard Ancient (Artificer, Seriously, Speed Daemon)

Llygos_Tyrant -
mactire -
Majkhel - 1 Bladeguard Veteran (Stubborn)(Artificer, Last Minute)
Miek - 6 Skorpekh Destroyers, 1 Canoptek Plasmascyte, 4 Canoptek Wraiths, 2 re-bases (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

Ockland -
Razhabyuul -
Rogue - 1 Neophyte (Artificer)
roguechaplain -
Sabadin -
Skidman -
Skywrath -
Slaves to Darkness - 1 Lieutenant, Command Squad (2), 10 Veterans, 4 Grenadiers, 2 Mortar Teams, 2 Autocannon Teams, 4 Artillery Crews (Stubborn) 10 Guardsmen, 1 Standard Bearer, 1 Lieutenant, 2 Artillery Crew, 1 Malcador (Artificer, Seriously)
SufficientAnonymity -
the_balloon_dog - 1 Squat bust (Artificer)
The_Chaplain - 50 Warriors, 5 Lychguard, 5 Gauss Immortals, 5 Triarch Praetorians, 6 Skorpekh Destroyers, 1 Skorpekh Lord, 2 Overlords, 1 Royal Warden, 1 Technomancer, 1 Plasmancer, 2 Crypto Thralls, 3 Ophydian Destroyers, 3 Canoptek Wraiths, 1 Canoptek Spyder, 1 Hexmark Destroyer, 1 Triarch Stalker, 1 Illuminor Szeras, 1 Void Dragon, 1 Silent King, 1 Tesseract Ark, 1 Doomsday Ark, 1 Night Scythe Bomber, 1 Catacomb Command Barge, 1 Monlitth (Plodding Along)(Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)
ThePenitentOne -
Thomoski -
toaae -

TPS - 1 Chsos Warhound Titan (Plodding Along)(Artificer, Seriously)
Trokair - 1+ Adepta Sororitas, 2 Imperial Bastions, 1 AI Thunderhawk, 1 Diorama (Artificer, Seriously, Speed Daemon)
Wolf Guard Einar -

Plogging Along Pledges for 2021

AGPO - 1+ Celestial Lions

Arkhanist - Blackstone Fortress - 7 Traitor Guard, 4 Chaos Beastmen, 4 Ur-Ghuls, 4 Spindle Drones, Obsidius Mallex, 2 Chaos Space Marines, 4 Negavolt Cultists, 2 Rogue Psykers, 7 Traitor Guard, Janus Draik, Taddeus the Purifier, Espern Locarno, Pious Vorne, UR-025, Dahyak Grekh, Amallyn Shadowguide, Rein and Raus

Axineton - 10 Intercessors

Brother Argent - 2 Ryza Pattern Sprues, Thermic Plasma Conduits, 2 Thermic Plasma Regulators, 2 Haemotrope Reactors, Alchomite Stack, Imperial Objectives, 2 Galvanic Servo Haulers and Crane, Galvanic Magnavent, 3 Ruined Buildings, Fuel Pipes, Thermo Exchanger Shrine, Aegis Defence Line

Cleon - Imperial Knight Castellan (APR)

DOGGED - 10,000pts Talons of the Emperor

Dwango - Lion El Jonson, Primarch of the 1st Legions Astartes (DEC)

Fenrykus - 10 Sternguard marines

Focslain - Imperial Outpost (2 Gang Strongholds, 1 Bastion, 1 Skyshield Pad)

Gederas - Lion El'Jonson, Sire of the Dark Angels (FEB), Lion El'Jonson at Thramas (display model), Praetor (Terminator Armour), Legion Praetor Tribune, Primus Medicae in Cataphractii Terminator Armour, Praetor in Cataphractii Armour, Legion Praetor, Legion Praetor in Cataphractii Armour, Leviathan Dreadnought, 20 Mark II Tactical Legionaires, 20 Mark II Assault Legionaires, 30 Mark IV Tactical Legionaires, 30 Mark III Tactical Legionaires, 5 Mellta Tactical Support Legionaires, 5 PlasmaTactical Support Legionaires, 5 FlamerTactical Support Legionaires, 10 Tartaros Terminators, 1 Nephilim Jetfighter

Heraclite - 3 Scenery pieces (MAR)

Heraclite - 6 Scenery pieces (DEC)

Jolemai - 28 Necromunda Gangers (DEC)

Lienna - 1 Cannoness, 5 Celestians, 5 Seraphim, 5 Battle Sisters, 5 Repentia, 3 Arcoflaggelants, 1 Penitent Engine (JUN)

Lienna - Saint Celestine, 1 Imagifier, 1 Retributor squad, 1 Repentia squad, 1 Seraphim squad, 1 Battle Sister squad, 1 Exorcist, 1 Rhino, 1 Immolator, 2 Penitent Engines

Lord Ikka - 19 lasrifle Solar Auxilia infantry, 19 volkite Solar Auxilia infantry, 2 Solar Auxilia Command sections, 2 Taurox Primes, 1 slightly converted Corvus Blackstar (MAY)

Majkhel - 1 Storm Raven

Miek - 1 Plaguebearers, 29 Plaguebearers

roguechaplain - AdMech Archaeopter

Skidman - 2 Knight Titans

The_Chaplain - 50 Warriors, 5 Lychguard, 5 Gauss Immortals, 5 Triarch Praetorians, 6 Skorpekh Destroyers, 1 Skorpekh Lord, 2 Overlords, 1 Royal Warden, 1 Technomancer, 1 Plasmancer, 2 Crypto Thralls, 3 Ophydian Destroyers, 3 Canoptek Wraiths, 1 Canoptek Spyder, 1 Hexmark Destroyer, 1 Triarch Stalker, 1 Illuminor Szeras, 1 Void Dragon, 1 Silent King, 1 Tesseract Ark, 1 Doomsday Ark, 1 Night Scythe Bomber, 1 Catacomb Command Barge, 1 Monlitth (DEC)

ThePenitentOne - 18 15" Board Tiles, additional terrain pieces

TPS - 1 Magos, 5 Castellax, 3 Thallax, 10 Secutarii Hoplites, Thanatar, 1 Chaos Knight

TPS - 1 Chaos Warhound Titan (DEC)

Trokair - 1+ Adepta Sororitas

Participants on the Randomizer List

Chaplain Dosjetka:

Grotsmasha:

LameBeard:

mactire:

the_ballon_dog:

TPS:

Edited by Grotsmasha

I, Cleon, continue the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of December pledge to complete a trio of Primaris Outriders.

I have been trying to get to at least the 5 model 'Seriously, but it doesn't look like it'll be nice enough to get anything else undercoated the next two weeks which makes finishing in the month tricky

gallery_56701_16832_251625.jpg

Some work in progress on the big guy: I busted out my trusty grinding tool and gave the top armour some trim. Then, I went to sculpt on some extra Chaos iconography.

h2zlbE7.jpg

I^m not really good at sculpting, but this turned out much better than I had anticipated!

I also fixed the arm magnets and added some base colours.

vSRmyAk.jpg

Now, to paint some trim. All of the trim.

Edited by TPS

I think they'll be done by the end of the month anyways so I'll add 5 immortals to November's vow:

gallery_225534_16617_37606.jpg

Next up: Skorpekhs, wraiths, acanthrites and a transcendent C'tan. December might be a busy month :)

Work was tough in the past few days, but I (barely) made it and it feels good :)

gallery_225534_16611_250225.jpg

Great base Grotsmasha!

Edited by Miek

They are a bit rushed, but I have finished my November vow. 2 Retributor squads of 5 sisters each, and a spare Superior for if I want to split some of my 10 man woman Battle Sister squads or some such.

Picture to come ASAP.

Edit: Picture.

gallery_29932_13153_46355.jpg

Edit the second so as to nto double post

Ok as it is December I better make a December Vow.

I have every intention to take part in the Boxing Day Bash, and have a little ambition project in mind, but must resist opening the box till then. Also still need to pick a colour scheme, and am trying to source some hopefully appropriate basing material as I also intend to dioramaise that mini.

I, Troakir, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of December pledge to complete 1 mini diorama (for the Boxing Day Bash (hopefully)) and some number of Sister of Battle by month's end.

In the mean time I better get one with some more sitters, so this is what is currently on my painting table for the plodding along wow. Let’s see how much I can get done.

gallery_29932_13153_39505.jpg

Edited by Trokair