=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

My local game store had a bunch of part built and unbuilt terrain kits donated by a returning hobbyist, so a bunch of us have volunteered to refurbish/build the various bits to add it to the stores terrain collection.

I am therefore amending my vow for December if that’s ok.

I, Troakir, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of December pledge to complete whater I can build out of one old Imperial Bastion Kit, 1 mini diorama (for the Boxing Day Bash (hopefully)) and some number of Sister of Battle (a big maybe on the Sisters) by month's end.

gallery_29932_13153_18192.jpg

December

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of December pledge to complete 7x Necromunda miniatures by month's end.

gallery_62972_10721_408700.jpg

To do:
  • Three half painted ones needs moving to completion
  • The remaining four need their bases finished and barrels sorted, then painted from scratch

Finishing up my Skorpekhs and Wraiths tonight, so I will do an additional vow. Hopefully it will be completed tonight, as I have some time to stay up and paint.

I, Lord_Ikka, vow to paint my Iash'uddra, the Endless Swarm (Deceiver counts-as) for the month of December.

3OrCAWF.jpeg

So I know I said I was sticking to my sisters until they were all done, but...
I finally, after about 18 months, figured out a paintable chapter badge for one of my Silver Circle Chapters, who haven't had any models done in... well, literally years. ETL 2016 I think was the last time I painted one. :sweat:
Until last week or so, when I finally finished the shoulder pad for a Reiver sergeant and glued him together.

In celebration, for this month, I'm giving this Chapter their second model this year, making them my second most painted Space Marines in 2021 after my White Hawks.

I, Ace Debonair, hereby embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of December, I pledge to complete One (1) Reiver of The Brotherhood of Crows by the month's end!

gallery_46204_9220_255943.jpg
Not the sergeant, but the bits of a guy on the floor around him. :laugh.:

He's also getting my last custom base, since I've run out of modelling clay (only until the 25th with any luck):sweat:

EDIT:

I'll take better pictures when he's finished, and maybe snap a couple of the Sergeant too for good measure.

Edited by Ace Debonair

Guras swore under his breath. Keeping watch on the high walls of Hive Patar at night was hardly his idea of fun at the best of times, but now the rain had come in, hammering down in frigid sheets that seemed to bring with it a further layer of darkness.

Muttering a prayer to Tzeentch for a change in the weather, Guras stumped along, head bowed against the storm. Thunder boomed overhead, almost as a response. The Gods are laughing at me, Guras thought. Six years of faithful worship and sacrifices - even his own sister, who reacted with horror at the blessings he had recieved, and tried to report him - and this was how the Gods repaid him?

Six years ago Guras had never believed, even in his wildest dreams, that the cult of the Great Gods would be powerful enough to cast down the nobles and take rulership of Hive Patar. But now, it was reality. The High Cultist had replaced the governor, smoothly and efficiently, moving from a religious role to a political one with surprising ease.

It was while he pondered this that Guras heard the clink of metal ahead. Raising his head, he paused, peering sharply into the distance, his torch fixed on the battlement a few paces ahead. It dawned on Guras that there should be another sentry two hundred paces in front; old Ranna with her lantern. There was no sign of her. Had she fallen over the wall somehow? This Gods-cursed weather made it hard to see. Moving quickly forward, Guras called out in a hoarse whisper. "Ranna? Are you there?"

Thunder boomed overhead again. In the brief flash of lightning, Guras could see there was nobody ahead of him. Not Ranna, nor the sentry ahead of her. He fumbled to reach for his vox-com when a noise behind him made him turn. His torch shone against a towering figure, clad in armour that was either black or purple, topped with a leering, skull-like visage, and red eyes that seemed almost to glow with hatred. Its hands held weapons, a knife slick with blood, and a pistol that looked larger and heavier than Guras' rifle.

The Gods weren't
mocking me with the storm, Guras realised, in the split second before the figure launched itself at him, they were warning me.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Brother Kayota wiped his knife clean on the mutant's corpse as he voxed through to his squad.

"The north wall is clear, Sergeant Izon. Proceeding to the Governor's Palace."

"Understood, Kayota. We'll regroup and meet you there. The rest of the Company will begin the attack at dawn's light."

"Acknowledged. All light casts shadows," Kayota voxed.

"And from them, we strike." Sergeant Izon replied.

gallery_46204_9220_49948.jpg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Done! Forgive the double post.

More pics of both Kayota and Izon in the spoiler below.

I know they look more than a bit Emperor's Children-y, but that's not deliberate - I just wanted a black wing for the badge and a white background on the shoulders made the most sense to me.

The Brotherhood of Crows are loyal sons of Sanguinus, no matter what colours they wear. :happy.:

Side View:
gallery_46204_9220_40704.jpg
Other Side View:
gallery_46204_9220_12886.jpg
Back View:
gallery_46204_9220_38799.jpg
With Sarge:
gallery_46204_9220_37908.jpg
Badge Shot:
gallery_46204_9220_43545.jpg
Close-up on the badge, rotated to be the right way up:
gallery_46204_9220_10515.jpg
Pleased with this, it looks notably different from the White Hawks wing badge, despite both being heavily stylized single wings. :happy.:
It does look VERY Emperor's Children, though, now I have it pointed out to me.:ermm:

EDIT: Typos everywhere. Suffer not the poorly spelt!

Edited by Ace Debonair

Been getting my painting on, so I'll vow again.

I, Lord_Ikka, vow to paint for the month of December one Technomancer and six Scarab bases.

Pics to come after I get them primed tomorrow...

Edit: pic

7XKCja4.jpeg

Edited by Lord_Ikka

I do like that rusted, corroded feel your necrons have, Ikka.

Here's part two of my slow progress through painting up a Goliath kit:

goliath

This month, I, Rogue, vow to paint the other neophyte on foot in the above image, and will complete him before month's end.

We're between houses at the moment, and I'm painting in the corner of a spare bedroom which is also our living space, so hobby time is a bit hit and miss. But I reckon a lone neophyte will be fine. 

Got my overdue Guard part of my vows done...

Mortars and Autocannons.

med_gallery_75911_16694_1256323.jpg

Artillery.

med_gallery_75911_16694_962171.jpg

Vets.

med_gallery_75911_16694_340940.jpg

Lieutenant and two command squad chaps.

med_gallery_75911_16694_1216632.jpg

Grenadiers.

med_gallery_75911_16694_1216969.jpg

Gonna do a small vow for December, 2 five man squads, Standard bearer and Lieutenant, couple of artillery crew and a kitbashed Malcador.

med_gallery_75911_16694_432440.jpg

Edited by Slave to Darkness

I, Miek, for the month of December pledge to complete 6 skorpekh destroyers and a canoptek plasmascyte by month's end for the glory of the Tohakh dynasty!

gallery_225534_16617_1080955.jpg

And my vow is done! I nearly got a chance to try them out today, but plans changed at the last minute. It's only a matter of time before they butcher whatever comes their way :D

gallery_225534_16611_771488.jpg

Going to try to go out with a bang, have a bunch of overtime at work so I'll have a little bit of time to paint. Vow the third!

I, Lord_Ikka, vow to fully paint two Primaris Chaplains, one Judicar, and one Bladeguard Ancient for the month of December.

znVocS0.jpeg

Pretty sure I'll complete my plodding along vow soon, just waiting on a block of free time where I can get it done. In the mean time I think I have another vow left in me.

I, Dwango , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of December pledge to complete 7 gangers of House Escher by month's end.

med_gallery_141590_15861_496893.jpg

Seems like one of my bits boxes never survived the move so I cant convert the Khornate Guardsmen or the Slaaneshi Stealer Patriarch and Spawn, so Ill swap the Khorne Guard for more Imperial Guard and the Patriarch Ill swap for an Eldar Avatar and the Spawn will be replaced with a couple of Rough Riders.

Before pik.

med_gallery_75911_16694_968799.jpg

Grotsmasha
This post was recognized by Grotsmasha!

jaxom was awarded the badge '12 Months of Hobby 2021 Completed'

Emperor's Champion and I'm calling it done; reached the edge of satisfaction vs time I'm willing to spend on it. I have determined I hate painting the molded templar chapter badge.

MYfE1XVl.jpg

aMXV1dTl.jpg

A year of completed minis everymonth... it's been an honor and (mostly) a pleasure!

We gonna be dropping images of our whole years vows in the new year? Im curious to see how much stuff each one of us has painted.

Quite happy that I have painted most of a Guard army and a Squat army for 1st ed. :)