=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

Crap, if we post all of our stuff for this year I have to show three armies...don't think that'll fit on one table.

On the other hand, this challenge has basically increased my painting ten-fold, so thanks Grotsmasha for doing this again! Looking forward to next year.

A few of us did it last year. If I get chance I'm game for showing off what I've done. I think my output has been a bit lower this year though. Still happy to have reduced my pile of shame. Which is good as next year I'll will most likely be increasing it dramatically with the new Chaos and Eldar releases!!

As promised in my vow for this month my Boxing Day Bash Commitment, this should be fun.

I, Trokair, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build and Paint A Thunderhawk for the honour of the Play by Post subsection (of the Roleplaying Games section) here on the B&C within the 24hrs time limit.

gallery_29932_13153_34639.jpg

Apologies for the glare, the shrink-wrap is still on. I have been saving this for today and I knew that if I opened the box, even just to look at it then it would get built.

I had meant to do a base/diorama with a landing platform and similar, but the platform failed to print, so I will have to leave that to another time or try and source a different landing platform (or attempt a scratch build).

I also have no idea on colour scheme yet, so suggestions would be welcome.

Grotsmasha
This post was recognized by Grotsmasha!

Rogue was awarded the badge '12 Months of Hobby 2021 Completed'

it's taken longer than I wanted, but I've finally finished December's vow:

neophyte

I have no idea how you speed-painting guys do it, but nice work on the Gobbo, Grot, and good luck to everyone else planning to complete things over the rest of the week.

Grotsmasha

Etheneus was awarded the badge '12 Months of Hobby 2021 Completed'

So with Christmas over and done I've had a day to finish the bases of my latest squad of scions. This time with Hot-shot Volley guns.

430wbxU.jpeg

And that means I've done it. Made atleast a model a month this year.

Edited by Etheneus

Dont think lll be able to finish my scenery vow... :'( With the materials I have to work with Ill never get it done in time... 

Gutted as that was the vow I was looking forward too the most, so Ill do another 50 Guardsmen instead...  Ngl I am sick of the sight of grey but Im so close to finishing off my backlog I cant stop now. 

Got lost in the warp for some time, motivation and time available are at their lowest, but still I raise the banner and at least try to paint something by year's end!

I, Majkhel of the Blood Angles, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of December pledge to complete 1 Bladeguard Veteran for the glory of the Angel by month's end.

med_gallery_105306_14251_243701.jpg

Great to see you guys still leading the fight! Lets keep it up together :smile.:

Edited by Majkhel

Actually, I'm going to put this here too, I'll put the full images in once the recipient has seen it (this is for the Dark Angels Secret Santa)

My apologies to the recipient of my gift, as I have only put the finishing touches on today (had to wait on new brushes :blush.: ), but same as last year, I supply a silhouette teaser

gallery_48988_16869_55509.png

Edited by Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

andes was awarded the badge '12 Months of Hobby 2021 Completed'

I, andes, continue the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of December pledge to complete Da Red Gobbo and Bounca! Ho ho ho!

I declare this, my final vow of 2021, complete!

http://i.imgur.com/iHpNfqgl.jpg

Grotsmasha

the_balloon_dog was awarded the badge '12 Months of Hobby 2021 Completed'

Its 29th already.... couple bits I ordered from web didn't arrive, so pushed plan back a month...

only thing I can vow to paint this month is this little 2" "squat" bust ;-) ....

PXL-20211221-222246079-MP.jpg

and done....

PXL-20211223-002059195-PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL-20211223-002050432-PORTRAIT.jpg

Edited by Brother Tyler
Profanity removed

Its 29th already.... couple bits I ordered from web didn't arrive, so pushed plan back a month...

only thing I can vow to paint this month is this little 2" "squat" bust ;-) ....

He's wonderful. Great work. I love how you pulled the turquoise into the skintone, and the burgundy into the beard.

Edited by Brother Tyler
Profanity (quoted) removed

That squat bust is awesome!!

So, apologies, I have a large post here.

First up, my plodding along vow is complete. Started it in January and finished it in December! It's literally taken me all year!! The Lion Sword and the winged helmet are my first attempts at a NMM effect. I think they're ok. must keep practicing.

gallery_141590_15192_528861.jpg

gallery_141590_15192_323397.jpg

gallery_141590_15192_316989.jpg

Next up, my 7 Escher Gangers;

gallery_141590_15296_150218.jpg

I also should post this here too, my boxing day bash entry;

gallery_141590_15192_140724.jpg

I'm away for a few days now, back after new year. I'll try and get a picture of all my completions on my return.

Good luck to those who still have vows to finish. Well done to all those who have participated. There have genuinely been some brilliant models on here!

Thanks to Grotsmasha for running the event again. I will be partaking next year if he has the time and energy to run it again.

He's wonderful. Great work. I love how you pulled the turquoise into the skintone, and the burgundy into the beard.

Absolutely, it really is!

Edited by Brother Tyler
Profanity (quoted) removed

I Am officially done with my plodding along vow, with a monolith thrown in for good measure! I'm ready for a 60 million year nap now...

https://www.instagram.com/warbosstuska/p/CYHw3YIOugo/?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by The_Chaplain

Okay I'm inspired, and we can't see people because the whole family has a cold, so I'll vow 4 necron canoptek Wraiths in addition to my previous vow:

gallery_225534_16617_33093.jpg

Vow complete for now. I'm hesitant about the amount of edge highlight I want to do, and am considering adding heated metal as battle damage on broken bits, but I'm not entirely sure and it'll likely be after the end of December. I also rebased my two "first generation" wraiths, I still like how they look even though I prefer the new ones (my first 3d kitbash, and paint jobs of the ~new millennium):

gallery_225534_16611_444599.jpg

gallery_225534_16611_11037.jpg

As I have had to change one vow from scenery to more damn Guardsmen (Im close to tears with how much grey I have painted, but my army is nearly painted so the torture is worth it) Id better leave the before pic here...

med_gallery_75911_16694_505995.jpg

Time to paint all this or die trying!!!