=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

After taking a short break to throw all the colours at some lizards for AoS and ratfolk for Blood Bowl, I feel inclined to paint some more 30&40k. Since I haven't done a plodding along vow yet ... 

I, TPS, vow to paint my Mechanicum: a Magos, 5 Castellax, 3 Thallax, 10 Secutarii Hoplites and a Thanatar, by the end of 2021. I'll also paint the Chaos Knight in the back of the picture.

CNsolsq.jpg

So I'm planning another large build as a prodding along. Looking at making an Imperial outpost using two gang strongholds, a bastion, a skyshield pad and maybe another building if the space is there. Need to confirm the footprint of this thing as well as get a bastion kit. I have a completed bastion for spacing. Though looking at this I might need two because I need to raise the bastion. Will look into later.

Picture of the stronghold in box for declaration. 

20210125 194059

First squad done. I'll be basing and weathering these all together with the rest of the force.

Edit. Realised i vowed incursers ehen i should have put infiltrators. Incursers will be next.

gallery_141590_16462_37836.jpg

I've also pledged in the dorn event,

I, Dwango, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists to complete 1 3rd company Intersessor by the 14th March 2021.

For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor! med_gallery_141590_15861_423892.jpg

This will be my test model for a larger force and, all being well, will lead to further vows.

Edited by Dwango

So I'm starting this plodding along sooner then I thought. Below is the basic plan. Had to map this out to make sure I could do it.

20210126 211527[1]

So as long as I didn't frak it up with the gate, I do need not only two strongholds, but a few of the zone mortalis blocks as well. I have most of a Dark Uprising set, so plently of blocks.

I actually woke up early this morning and finished putting the skysheild landing pad together. Later I'm going to build the wall sections, one that will have stairs to the landing pad. Plan is a have the sections separate so that I can store this thing easier.

On the bastion, the stronghold walls are the same height as the lower level of the bastion. So I will need two bastions, more precisely two on the lower floors so that there are entry ways onto the walls. This might bring the bastion level with the watchtowers as it looks like they are slightly higher then the base bastion.

Once I get the sections built I'll have a better idea. Still having an issue believing I'm about to blow two big sets on one project.

16 hormagaunts done!

https://flic.kr/p/2kwiYQQ

For my next vow: I vow to complete a tyranid start collecting box (8 genestealers, a broodlord, and a trygon), an additional 8 genestealers, as well as gorzag gitstompa and nikkit.

https://flic.kr/p/2kwjyfG

Edited by The_Chaplain