Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Prim's HH Painting Thread

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Prim

Prim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 28 posts

Hi all,

I'm a new member here at the B&C, and I am in the process of building and painting a variety of armies for 30K (for 40K too, but that's a different section of the forum I believe). 

There is currently NO interest in my hobby club about the Heresy, everyone is fixated on playing 9th Ed. 40K. Personally I haven't tried 9th, hated 8th and was none to keen on 6th and 7th either. More than likely I will be playing with a couple of friends using 40K 5th edition as the basis for our games, adding in some alternating/random activation shenanigans in place of the IgoUgo style of standard 40K. Yes, I realize that this makes me a heretic in many peoples eyes. No, I don't really care. msn-wink.gif  I like to have fun playing non-competitive games and I quite enjoy tinkering with rules between games, so this works best for me. 

In terms of models and armies, don't expect to see a lot of Forgeworld goodies in this thread. I have a few FW minis I bought years ago, but I don't have a lot of cash at the moment. Most of my models come from the BaC and BoP boxes, along with whatever 40K stuff I can kitbash and a few 3rd party bitz here and there. Obviously I am trying to avoid mk.VII armour, but the odd arm/bolter/chainsword or two may crop up from time to time.

My forces so far are based loosely around the Shadow Crusade/Imperium Secundus, and I have minis set aside for Word Bearers, World Eaters, Ultramarines and Dark Angels, plus assorted Dramatis Persona for the narrative part of the games.

I hope to have some painted minis to show off in the near future, but in the meantime here are a handful of World Eater assault marines that I primed up recently.

3iamhw1l.jpg

• battle captain corpus, White Wolf, LameBeard and 2 others like this

Calibanite Knight Angel

Calibanite Knight Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels Legion

Welcome! Can't wait to see where you go with this!

Qkhitai

Qkhitai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 154 posts
  • Faction: Aeronautica Imperialis

Ah a fellow rules agnostic/FW-lite HH player - was beginning to think I was the only one! Looking good so far, the fellow on the far left in particular.

• LameBeard likes this

Prim

Prim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 28 posts

@C.K.Angel - Thanks for the welcome. 

@Qkhitai - Rules are all just made up by some gamer or another. The only thing special about the 'official' rules is that that gamer got paid.... And I am so jealous. biggrin.png

No work on my World Eaters so far, but more of them are being primed.

In the meantime I did manage to get a test model done for some Legio Custodes.

ySUsmUml.jpg

• LameBeard and Calibanite Knight Angel like this

Prim

Prim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 28 posts

A WIP shot of my World Eater assault squad.

5Kd3IZTl.jpg

And a close up of the sergeant.

dAWSvTsl.jpg

The armour is Vallejo Light Grey mixed 50:50 with white, and the pauldrons are painted in Vallejo Heavy Blue mixed 50:50 with metallic medium to give them a little bit of a metallic sheen.

• Eternal Despair, LameBeard, Qkhitai and 3 others like this

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,891 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

Nice work so far! Keep it up!

BCC

BCC's Hobby Guide:
- Be Grim Dark not Grim Derp
- Hobby for 15 minutes a day
- Your miniatures are always the best painted in the room
- Game with your heart and don't care about losing
- Make sure your opponent is having fun 

Prim

Prim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 28 posts

Well, the World Eaters are done. I don't have the official 30K decals for the shoulders and FW's asking price is insane, so I have used the 40K decal sheets for these fellows.

Lq9Q9GTl.jpg

JjNOV7wl.jpg

nL7E4ABl.jpg

And the full unit together.

KXPxJuzl.jpg

Ultramarines next I think.

• LameBeard, Qkhitai, RoadRunna and 1 other like this

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,891 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

What squads/character etc are you thinking of for your Ultramarines? smile.png

BCC

BCC's Hobby Guide:
- Be Grim Dark not Grim Derp
- Hobby for 15 minutes a day
- Your miniatures are always the best painted in the room
- Game with your heart and don't care about losing
- Make sure your opponent is having fun 

Prim

Prim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 28 posts

What squads/character etc are you thinking of for your Ultramarines? :)

BCC

For the time being I have a tactical squad and a support squad on my desk. I also have a dreadnought, a seeker squad and a heavy support squad lined up for them.

Prim

Prim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 28 posts
Some WIP shots of some Ultramarines.

vLwZ3Ool.jpg

And this is an old Rhino hull that I picked up cheap that needed some repair work doing. A few bits from an IG tank and some spare guns from a predator and I made myself a little tank-hunter. No idea what to call it yet though. I'm thinking of adding a pintle mounted weapon to a top hatch as it looks a little bare.
7uSApvXl.jpg
  • LameBeard and Calibanite Knight Angel like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users