Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Faction: Ordo Xenos

Inquisition Ordo Xenos Imperial Agents

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 938 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

This thread will chronicle a small Ordo Xenos Crusade featuring Kyria Draxus. This post will act as a table of contents for all of the individual content posts.

01. Pulling the Trigger: A Pledge for the New Year

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 938 posts

01. Pulling the Trigger: A Pledge for the New Year

Today I made a pledge in the 2021 12 months of Hobby Challenge. Specifically, I pledged to paint this model:

Jokaero Apprentice

While I have not formally pledged to complete the model, I am hoping to finish converting this model:

Jokaero Journeyman, Left Arm

These are the exact pictures I used in the Pledge; I wanted to link to this thread for WIP + Crusade content for these and other Order Xenos models. In the next post, which should be up by tomorrow morning, will show some alternate angles to take a closer look at the contrast between a basic build and the planned conversion.

• walter h likes this

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 938 posts

Sorry it took so long to post this, but I can't find the marble that I was going to use for the Journeyman conversion. Fortunately, I only pledged the Apprentice for January 31, so here's an update:

Last night, our hero received his primer coat:

Jokaero Base

If we zoom out a little, you can see who else was on deck to be primed:

Jokaero And friends

That's a Haemonculus, an Archon, two BSF: Rogue Psykers, Draxus and Greyfax.

Primer is one thing, but I really needed to get paint on the model. Unfortunately, I don't have any orange, and the pandemic has me locked down. I thought I'd try Darkoath Flesh, because I have a relatively fresh pot lying around. Anyway, here's my experimental Darkoath coat:

Painted Jokaero Good

Unfortunately, the paint revealed a nasty piece of flash under his right arm:

Painted Jokaero Bad

I'm nervous about cutting it off- resin makes me crazy. If I'm feeling lucky, I'll bite the bullet tomorrow.

• walter h and TheWeepingAngel like this

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 938 posts

And the Protege is finished! That's my January challenge locked down; I will be raising the bar in February.

Finished Jokaero Right
Finished Jokaero Left

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Inquisition, Ordo Xenos, Imperial Agents

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users