Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Toyship's Legio Victorum (and maybe Vulturum? PG. 2)

Legio Victorum Loyalists Foe Slayers vulturum

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

schoon

schoon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 764 posts
Of course, after the new Titan is released, all bets are off on being done with anything - Maniple, Legio, debt payments ;)
  • ToyShip likes this

ToyShip

ToyShip

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 502 posts
  • Faction: Dark Swords, Legio Victorum I

Of course, after the new Titan is released, all bets are off on being done with anything - Maniple, Legio, debt payments msn-wink.gif

You can say that again. I can't wait to see what it is! 

9TvNwPw.jpg

I'm getting there on the Warlord. Not super stoked about the pose but thems the breaks. I may have purchased another Reaver for the second force. teehee.gif  The Warbringer may actually wind up a part of that force as well. Time will tell.

• Sandlemad, LetsYouDown and Mendi Warrior like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,534 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
The Warlord is well-painted.
  • Captain Serious likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Lord_Borak

Lord_Borak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 81 posts

You can always use some green stuff to the base to make a little hill to level him out if it's annoying you?

The head actually works really well on a Warlord. Any chance of some more angles? 

Mandragola

Mandragola

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,121 posts

I agree that maybe tilting it back a little on the base could improve the pose. It's not bad though.

C+C always welcome on my Titanic Plog. Should really be painting Crimson Fists.

gallery_48988_15151_9524.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,956 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I had a similar problem on a running Gallant. The weight was too far forward, so he looked like he was about to topple over. I just put him on a little ramp.

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

ToyShip

ToyShip

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 502 posts

The Warlord is well-painted.

Thank you Bjorn!

You can always use some green stuff to the base to make a little hill to level him out if it's annoying you?

The head actually works really well on a Warlord. Any chance of some more angles? 

I think the head works better on a Warlord than a Warbringer to be honest...I'm biased though. I will get some more angles tonight or tomorrow night, waiting on the base to dry!

I agree that maybe tilting it back a little on the base could improve the pose. It's not bad though.

I appreciate it. We'll see what the base looks like once I get him stuck to it, currently drying.

I had a similar problem on a running Gallant. The weight was too far forward, so he looked like he was about to topple over. I just put him on a little ramp.

I think he may look better once he is on the base, different angles make him look like he is prowling. We'll see.

++++

I got some oil paints and spent an hour after work today mucking around with them. Here are the results:

ajSopCB.jpgfInaQqN.jpgX4Cb1l9.jpg

It's still drying but I'm very pleased with the results. Not too stoked about the lighter "chips" I did with the splatter technique or some of the painted chips. so those are some things to work on. Anyone got some tips on that stuff?  I DEFINITELY need to remember to seal the area before I work with the oils.

So. That all being said I may be starting a Vulturum force. sweat.gif

• LetsYouDown and Mendi Warrior like this

The boater

The boater

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 377 posts
Man you work fast, what is that a titan a day?
"...and result in an unpleasant expiernce called sinking"

ToyShip

ToyShip

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 502 posts

Man you work fast, what is that a titan a day?

I’ve had a lot of free time lately, and I can be a bit obsessive. This is the result. The airbrush speeds things up considerably.

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,335 posts

Those oils look great, very different style to your Victorum. The shape of the chips are good, they look like bits where the armour has been rent or torn.

I'd second the warbringer head looking cool on the warlord.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Legio Victorum, Loyalists, Foe Slayers, vulturum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users