Azaiels Orks WIP

Azaiel

The Meks have been busy over the holidays. I got some spare bits of Ork vehicles in a Ebay deal and put my thinkin cap on.

First up is Da big rock n Rolla!

i already have on regular build Ork battlewagon so I wanted to make a more unique one.

pJnEvzW.jpg

Next up a jet powered halftrukk!

t17IwWJ.jpg

U8yvcGQ.jpg

And finally my first Ork Buggy. My plan is to make three of them from various bits.

mrNo8vI.jpg

Thanks fellow warbosses!

Its really fun and it puts my skill with plastic card to the test. Never thought I´d scratchbuild a hotrod body but there you go. 

The inspiration for the hotrod came from Rafael Mattick:s beautiful version:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/63069041@N02/albums/72157630325730530

I think my next Buggy will be a Ork version of the Willys Jeep since I have a soft spot for that particular vehicle.

Edited by Azaiel

Wow I can see why you were inspired!, his stuff is awesome, I really love the detailed engine he’s done:wub: 
And that dakka jet is super cool(it has given me some ideas for my Blitza Stuka project which has been on hold for a while )
he really has plasticard skills, as do you good sir :thumbsup: 
Thanks for posting the link, I’ll be looking at it a lot for sure !.

Cannot wait to see the Willys jeep ...

Cheers Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

• 3 months later...

I have a 2000pts battle when this whole pandemic thing is over. Its going to be me and a fellow necron player with 1000pts each VS a Tyranid players 2000pts. Since its a small force for me my goal is to have everything painted and done. In my list I have a single Scrapjet which now is done. So Im almost there, I just need to paint a warboss and a trukk.

I tried reflective glasses for the first time, it turned out ok for a first try. The megatrakk is a fun vehicle to assemble and paint. I have ideas for two more!

OmmSiGR.jpg

OIMDaqc.jpg

7Mhd6me.jpgrtdjREH.jpg

That Scrapjet is ace. I love the nose art and the reflective glasses came out really well. I also like the green you used. One of the rules I set myself in my army was not to use green apart from the Ork's skin as I thought they would get a bit lost but you've really pulled it off. The vehicle looks very Blood Axe-y to me.

That Scrapjet is ace. I love the nose art and the reflective glasses came out really well. I also like the green you used. One of the rules I set myself in my army was not to use green apart from the Ork's skin as I thought they would get a bit lost but you've really pulled it off. The vehicle looks very Blood Axe-y to me.

Thanks!

Yes more green can be overwhelming. But I noticed that as long as its not the same hue as the skin it can work quite well.

The paintjob was inspired by P-47 thunderbolts from ww2, one of my favorite aircraft.

HAHA i was just going to type P47 thunderbolt inspired and yes...it is... :biggrin.:  SENMM is working a treat :thumbsup:  and the nose art is a great touch. i love that you put wheels where the traks were ...took me a second to notice that (which is a good thing) 

great work here !

Mithril