DA thallax

Raziel-TX

Greetings all,

Hoping the 30K folks may have some more info that my dedicated DA brethren concerning what color scheme thallax attached in direct support to DA had.  My understanding is that for symbols they used a castle/tower image combined with half of legion symbol.  But what about colors?  Thanks in advance for the help!

I may have missed something but I don't know if we have a specific outline mapped out in source material. Someone else more knowledgeable could chime in about it.

Personally, you can't go wrong with just standard legion colors. I would imagine that it wouldn't be parade standard or even battle standard colors. I would even go so far as to say that it wouldn't match much in the way of legion colors to help offset the dishonour the beast would be on the parent chapter. Perhaps even give it proto-legion colors, suitably marred and weathered as to home in on the psychotic nature of the creature. The great thing about not having source materiel is that it frees you to do whatever you think would be best for the narrative of your army.

You could also give it the ironwing symbol, as I think the black book mentions something about this (I may be wrong though).

And it’s pretty fluffy for the dreadnought, tank and killer robots wing to use less psychotic cyborgs too.

I’d go 50/50 with markings and coloring on the model for what ever mechanic I’m faction they come from and the dri angels colours. Maybe one shoulder pad xana (they were an original ally in the early crusade I believe, again could be wrong) on one pad with the forgelord or tech marines heraldry on the other? add transfers/symbols to taste

You are right about symbol. Colour depends, if they are recognized as being part of legio then you can give them legion colours as they would be treated and given same honor as true Space Marine. Or if they are only seconded / lent to Legio, then they could be in colours of their original Ordo Reductor / Mechanicum force which lent them.