SW Help with 500 pts list for first game ever

Miek

Good evening! I'm currently planning my first 9th edition game with a friend on Tabletop Simulator and would really appreciate help on building a 500 pts Space Wolf list for him. He has never played Warhammer (any variant) before, and he thinks they look quite cool.

I've been a casual necron player for a few editions and don't know the first thing about space marines (I have never even played against them; only xenos and SoB). I also haven't played since the release of our new codex thus I'm quite rusty overall.

We'll play using the free core rules and the data we can get from BattleScribe (thus no terrain rules, objectives, etc.). I'll play a randomly generated 500 pts patrol detachment (which I coded in Python, in case anyone's interested), and I'd like him to have a good beginner friendly patrol of space wolves.

Would anyone be kind enough to propose a list we could use, or give me some pointers to do it relatively easily? He did mention jetpacks, dunno if that's part of SW's fast attack options…

Thanks!

Here is a combat patrol I use with jump packs

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Space Wolves) [26 PL, 3CP, 494pts] ++

+ Configuration [3CP] +

**Chapter Selection**: Space Wolves

Battle Size [3CP]: 1. Combat Patrol (0-50 Total PL / 0-500 Points) [3CP]

Detachment CP

+ HQ [7 PL, 130pts] +

Chaplain [7 PL, 130pts]: 5. Recitation of Focus, 6. Canticle of Hate (Aura), Boltgun, Chapter Command: Master of Sanctity [1 PL, 25pts], Crozius arcanum, Frag & Krak grenades, Jump Pack [1 PL, 25pts], The Armour of Russ, Warlord, Wise Orator

+ Troops [6 PL, 90pts] +

Blood Claws [6 PL, 90pts]

. 4x Blood Claw [72pts]: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades

. Blood Claw Pack Leader [18pts]: Astartes Chainsword, Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades

+ Elites [7 PL, 139pts] +

Wolf Guard [7 PL, 139pts]: Jump Pack [1 PL, 10pts]

. Wolf Guard [26pts]: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw [3pts], Storm shield [4pts]

. Wolf Guard [26pts]: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw [3pts], Storm shield [4pts]

. Wolf Guard Pack Leader [25pts]: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw [3pts], Lightning Claw [3pts]

+ Heavy Support [6 PL, 135pts] +

Eradicator Squad [6 PL, 135pts]: Heavy melta rifle [15pts]

. 2x Eradicator [80pts]: 2x Bolt pistol

. Eradicator Sgt [40pts]: Bolt pistol

++ Total: [26 PL, 3CP, 494pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

Chaplain buffs eradicators before moving and they can fire with keen senses.

Hitting on 2s and bonus damage from heavy melta means anything they hit dies.

If you want to spend another CP on frost claws you can buff the jump guard....but they really don't need it.

Turn 2 onwards the wolf priest uses reroll hits and charge buffs

Edited by TiguriusX

• 1 month later...

Thanks again, we're finally playing our first game on Tabletop Simulator - with a limited ruleset - and he seems to like it. I used a randomly generated list on my side that does suffer from the lack of deepstrike (limited ruleset), but I'm looking forward to getting my Skorpekh Lord in melee :smile.:

Here's a screenshot (in the defender's second turn's fight phase; my models haven't fought yet):

gallery_225534_16735_168473.jpg

Edited by Miek