Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Daemonette conversions

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

WickedJester1013

WickedJester1013

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 328 posts
  • Faction: Space wolves, deathguard
The daemonette models never really vibed with me so I have always been on the look out for conversions. Does any one have some cool conversions or even count as daemonettes they use? I’d like to steer clear of 3rd party stuff for the moment and stay with AoS or 40K( or any GW model range).

Some of the hedonite models look amazing but I dont play AoS and doubt they will be usable in 40K so would any of the foot troops work as a base for conversions?
Thanks for any advice!

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,648 posts

Combining the Witch Aelves/Sisters of Slaughter with the Daemonette parts is the usual go-to I've seen.

It's usually putting the heads/arms on the bodies of the Aelves

Edited by Gederas, 05 January 2021 - 05:13 AM.

• Dr_Ruminahui likes this

dice4thedicegod

dice4thedicegod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 802 posts
I used a wytch elf for my herald and dryads for my daemonettes

1088257_sm-Slaanesh%20Combat%20Patrol.jp
  • Tallarn Commander likes this

WickedJester1013

WickedJester1013

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 328 posts
Yeah dice I have seen you work on the forums, very nice. What made you want to use the dryads?

dice4thedicegod

dice4thedicegod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 802 posts

Yeah dice I have seen you work on the forums, very nice. What made you want to use the dryads?

I thought the dryad models had great potential as daemons and then I read a passage in “darkness in the blood “ where the daemonettes were described as initially attacking as fast, wraithlike darkness before solidifying into their stereotype form

Plus, I just like doing my own thing!

WickedJester1013

WickedJester1013

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 328 posts
Yeah doing your own thing in this hobby is part of what makes it so much fun as why using the stock daemonettes is so hard lol
  • dice4thedicegod likes this

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

++ CONSULTUS OPERARI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,648 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's 2nd cousins

Combining the Witch Aelves/Sisters of Slaughter with the Daemonette parts is the usual go-to I've seen.

It's usually putting the heads/arms on the bodies of the Aelves

That's what I did, though I didn't restrict myself to just using the aelf bodies, but also used the daemonette bodies as well.  That allowed me to use every model in both kits, which makes the project much more economical and doesn't result in a whole bunch of daemonette bodies with no use.

My work is posted in this thread:  http://www.bolterand...slanneshi-host/

WickedJester1013

WickedJester1013

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 328 posts
Oh ya! I have seen your dark skinned daemons and have also wanted a more dark skin design like the princess from Atlantis

https://images.app.g...xTkZdXenEe9iuP7

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

++ CONSULTUS OPERARI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,648 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's 2nd cousins

At least in the picture you gave the link for, she doesn't seem so dark skinned.

My darkest daemonettes are in Dryad Bark with a Druichi Violet wash.

The red-brown ones are Skrag Brown with a chestnut brown (I use a craft paint) paint wash.

For something more like your link, maybe Balor Brown or Ungor flesh with a dark brown wash - for the ungor especially the wash would need to be fairly dark, as when washed with Reiklander Fleshade it comes out as more east asian fleshtoned (that's how my second lightest flesh tones are painted).

WickedJester1013

WickedJester1013

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 328 posts
Yeah I guess it’s comparative. Dark compared to the main stream daemonettes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users