New Year's Day Previews (Admech)

Halandaar

Its a bit harder to sculpt more into Skitarii as they are the base augmented of the army, so I am hoping the overall pose will make the model rather than the limited items Skitarii have access to. I do like the swag that the legs seem to have and the holding of the beat stick, it reminds me of the swagger the Eisenhorn model has.

I am also excited more about the rules possibilities it could bring. The whole Core thing doesn't translate very well over to Admech and I hope the rules team doesn't just copy/paste from the marine rules.

Its a bit harder to sculpt more into Skitarii as they are the base augmented of the army, so I am hoping the overall pose will make the model rather than the limited items Skitarii have access to. I do like the swag that the legs seem to have and the holding of the beat stick, it reminds me of the swagger the Eisenhorn model has.

I am also excited more about the rules possibilities it could bring. The whole Core thing doesn't translate very well over to Admech and I hope the rules team doesn't just copy/paste from the marine rules.

I would say the opposite. Skitarii is a term for what they are, like Space Marines encompassing things like Terminators, Centurions, Aggressors, Inceptors. But there are numerous variants of Skitarii. You have the gene enhanced Praetorians who would look like Ogryns but covered in cybernetics. They are the counterpart to Obliterators. You have Hyspasists who are like Tech-Thralls from FW, again they look totally different from Rangers and Vanguard. Sagitarii who are pretty much Servitors in looks, armed with heavy weapons. There is loads of lore to go into about the different types of Skitarii, they dont have to all look like your standard Rangers or Vanguard. Its whether or not GW will go into that direction which sadly I dont think they will. It seems like Rangers and Vanguard fulfil all types of personnel. Ballistarii, Raiders, Gunners - Rangers. Dragoons, Hounds, Drivers - Vanguard. Which whilst its a cool take on Skitarii, I would like to see the older units come into to game as units and models.

Edited by Deffrekka

I would say the opposite. Skitarii is a term for what they are, like Space Marines encompassing things like Terminators, Centurions, Aggressors, Inceptors. But there are numerous variants of Skitarii. You have the gene enhanced Praetorians who would look like Ogryns but covered in cybernetics. They are the counterpart to Obliterators. You have Hyspasists who are like Tech-Thralls from FW, again they look totally different from Rangers and Vanguard. Sagitarii who are pretty much Servitors in looks, armed with heavy weapons. There is loads of lore to go into about the different types of Skitarii, they dont have to all look like your standard Rangers or Vanguard. Its whether or not GW will go into that direction which sadly I dont think they will. It seems like Rangers and Vanguard fulfil all types of personnel. Ballistarii, Raiders, Gunners - Rangers. Dragoons, Hounds, Drivers - Vanguard. Which whilst its a cool take on Skitarii, I would like to see the older units come into to game as units and models.

I understand that Skitarii are more than what we have now but currently we do have a very bland(Not too much variation) Vanguard/Ranger range and from the preview pics I don't think we will be seeing too much of a change. We all want heavy Skitarii but this model is not it yet. Also as Skitarii are the on one of the lowest ladders of the hierarchy I doubt we will seeing anything as wild as Cawl or a tech priest with regards to sculpt or tech.

Edited by Black_Knight

I understand that Skitarii are more than what we have now but currently we do have a very bland(Not too much variation) Vanguard/Ranger range and from the preview pics I don't think we will be seeing too much of a change. We all want heavy Skitarii but this model is not it yet. Also as Skitarii are the on one of the lowest ladders of the hierarchy I doubt we will seeing anything as wild as Cawl or a tech priest with regards to sculpt or tech.

On that I agree. I dont think any Skitarii should be as weird and crazy as a Tech-Priest. A Skitarii would never make it that far in life, he is just a resource to be spent and replaced, the data he collects to be stored and analysed by his superiors. The Legiones Skitarii are their own military organisation seperate from the Priesthood of the Forgeworld. Id like to see more variation like the Primus Stroika from Skitarius, where he has 2 configurations. 2 arms with Arc Pistols (pretty crap in 8th-9th) that then divide into 4 arms with 2 Arc Mauls and Arc Pistols. More ornate battleplate, a new helmet design whether or not he was a Ranger or Vanguard, Servo Skull familiar with a Arc Pistol or Gamma Pistol. They could do anything but all we have seen is his feet, and from the rumour engine his pistol and Servo Skull most likely. They give us whackier vehicles and mounts (Im much of a Onager lover than the Skorpius) but they dont want to delve further into crazier Skitarii cyborgs. They could surprise us with more Admech kits but I think we are only getting the Primus and a Codex.

Edited by Deffrekka

I honestly don't care about the sculpt itself. I care more about the implications of the sculpt.

I can only speak for myself but I think the last thing we need is a character to buff holes in the codex. I realize GW gets a lot of profit margin on a single character sale, and it's easier to make vs. a squad of something using 5-10 models.