New Year's Day Preview (AT)

Porphyrions aside*, there is only one problem with AT right now.

That I'm stuck at home for the foreseeable future unable to play the damn game!

So hyped for a new Titan!

*And even Porphyrions aren't that bad because there seems to be an understanding among the players that they are too good, so people don't spam them. Which kinda shows how good a game it is despite the imbalance.

Yea, it's almost like AT didn't actually even need a new titan or the three new knights because the game play itself is so strong and the various legios and maniples add so much variation. Idk, it's always funny to hear people who don't play AT comment on how stale it is with just imperials.

Well the game might not need it, but if you want to continue having sales, you need a steady stream of new stuff.

Correct

How long they can keep inventing Titans and knights that never exixted before?

Or they open up to 40K or AT is a dead game

Well i said when they launched it that AT is a dead game cause soon they will end the available units to sell

They invented some new units but now they are ending even the titans based on artworks Goodwing made years ago

Everything based HH is a limited in time run cause HH had a limited amount of armies that covers a limited amount of time and AT is no exception to this

[...]

u4YYk0p.png

Great analysis - I think we're seeing a titan with the same weapon on each arm, or a rotary plasma weapon, which makes me happy (edit: to be more precise, a four-barrelled plasma weapon on each arm - you can see the small shieldings/armatures are in similar mirrored positions on each arm).

I suppose it's possible it's a non-nemesis Warbringer or an Imperator, but I'm thinking it'll be slightly bigger than a warlord without being full-on Emperor grade - perhaps something along the lines of the siege titan that has been mentioned in novels? Whatever it is I'm in if it's plastic

Seeing as we've seen the top edge of the titan, and it seems to have a more open deck, akin to the Warbringer, that makes it, IMO, very unlikely to be an Imperator or Warmonger, as the Imperator would have the carapace fortress on top.

That's all aside from the fact that the scale and power of the Emperor class is probably outwith the ambit of Titanicus generally. You'd need something like Apocalypse for Titanicus to field an Emperor Class.

Yea, it's almost like AT didn't actually even need a new titan or the three new knights because the game play itself is so strong and the various legios and maniples add so much variation. Idk, it's always funny to hear people who don't play AT comment on how stale it is with just imperials.

Well the game might not need it, but if you want to continue having sales, you need a steady stream of new stuff.

Correct

Well i said when they launched it that AT is a dead game cause soon they will end the available units to sell

They invented some new units but now they are ending even the titans based on artworks Goodwing made years ago

Everything based HH is a limited in time run cause HH had a limited amount of armies that covers a limited amount of time and AT is no exception to this

Well if you said AT was dead on release you got proven extremely wrong. It sold extremely well and that's what carried the game's life cycle. The accessories like dice. Titan of legend terminals and transfers got produced in numbers for a much smaller sales volume, which is why they ran out of stock so fast and havent made more.

The only new unit in AT so far is the warbringer. Everything else has had a previous full scale model released. So they're going to be at 2 new units, of which it's still being based on art.

Not sure how managed to get everything wrong lol.

The only new unit in AT so far is the warbringer. Everything else has had a previous full scale model released. So they're going to be at 2 new units, of which it's still being based on art.

The Warbringer was designed explicitly with AT in mind, but was released in 40k scale first.

This is why this new titan is so exciting, it will be the first solely released for AT.

Correct

Well if you said AT was dead on release you got proven extremely wrong. It sold extremely well and that's what carried the game's life cycle. The accessories like dice. Titan of legend terminals and transfers got produced in numbers for a much smaller sales volume, which is why they ran out of stock so fast and havent made more.

No... you dont understand... Is already dead cause they decided to put themselves into a limited armies and time span so the game has a limited expectation of life

Sooner ar later they will end what they can intoduce in the game and without further support the game itself will die

Period

They have only two ways to keep AT alive

Open up to 40k to introduce titans from different factions (including chaos mutated titans) or keep inventing new titan and kinght classes that will beat a BG that is already beat enough by the BL books that retconned the things too much (and FW is following that modus operandi too)

Another mistake they made with AL is AI that is based on 40K and is a boardgame instead being a wargame 

Making both games as wargames and in the same timeline would help to integrate them and give to both a longer life

This is why i said AT is a dead game cause it will soon meet his end or they will beat again HH lore to keep it artificially alive even after his expectation of life

Or, and let’s say it... imperator? The layered chest armour looks a little like some of the art. The gyros being integrated is what strikes me as unique, that looks more built in and maybe bigger than the warlord.

Imperator Titan would be awesome, dont even play AT but Id buy that for Epic/Space Marine retroness

March probably remaining marine releases with DA?

How many marine units left?

it's definitely not an Imperator, we have enough recent art of them to know what they will look like, and these have been consistent for a few years:

3EsDSpiQHUTvGory.jpg

NuGfCXJxYAf6gHED.jpg

and regardless, I doubt the Imperator woulds be revealed in this manner, it would get it's own teaser, if not just flat out "YES, IT'S HAPPENING!" article showing it off to biuld hype, plus isn't this teaser for all plastic stuff? I doubt even an AT scale Imperator could be pulled off in plastic(besides maybe reusing AT terrain bits for some of the cathedral?), and I'm sure GW/FW would love to use Imperators as a "gateway drug" to make AT players get into 40K scale Titans.

Edited by RipOffProductions

Couldn’t they just introduce a new starter set that opens up AT to 40K? I don’t see that being so hard to do. Aren’t half the Titans in 40K from 30k, or older, fluff wise anyway?

I could even see a third starter in the future adding troops and it being a full relaunch of Epic at that point. Hell, isn’t AI the same scale, too? Then you could mix the two... Why let it die when there are literally endless possibilities?

Or, and let’s say it... imperator? The layered chest armour looks a little like some of the art. The gyros being integrated is what strikes me as unique, that looks more built in and maybe bigger than the warlord.

Imperator Titan would be awesome, dont even play AT but Id buy that for Epic/Space Marine retroness

March probably remaining marine releases with DA?

How many marine units left?

it's definitely not an Imperator, we have enough recent art of them to know what they will look like, and these have been consistent for a few years:

[images snipped]

and regardless, I doubt the Imperator woulds be revealed in this manner, it would get it's own teaser, if not just flat out "YES, IT'S HAPPENING!" article showing it off to biuld hype, plus isn't this teaser for all plastic stuff? I doubt even an AT scale Imperator could be pulled off in plastic(besides maybe reusing AT terrain bits for some of the cathedral?), and I'm sure GW/FW would love to use Imperators as a "gateway drug" to make AT players get into 40K scale Titans.

An AT-scale Imperator would be around the size of a Knight (either Questoris or Dominus-class). That'd be easily done for plastic. I doubt they'd release a FULL Titan kit in FW resin. The only AT stuff that's resin is weapon upgrades, the upgrade for the Warlord-Sinister (head, back piece and weapon) and the AdMech Knights.

Couldn’t they just introduce a new starter set that opens up AT to 40K? I don’t see that being so hard to do. Aren’t half the Titans in 40K from 30k, or older, fluff wise anyway?

I could even see a third starter in the future adding troops and it being a full relaunch of Epic at that point. Hell, isn’t AI the same scale, too? Then you could mix the two... Why let it die when there are literally endless possibilities?

It's to balance everything. AT is balanced by everyone having the same classes of titans available, no matter if you're Loyalist or Traitor (Ember Wolves and their fetish for Warhounds only notwithstanding). Xenos Titans throws that balance out the window with the Eldar's "I'm faster than you, have better shields and guns than you, nenenenenee!" or a Tau "I will out range you and nuke you from all the way over here".

We'll very likely see Chaos Corrupted Titans in a later expansion, as we've already started to see some in the game via Titan Legios.

Edited by Gederas

Yeah a plastic Imperator would be totally possible in plastic. GW isn’t even near to the limits of what can be made in plastic yet. 

perhaps, but resin vs plastic is about more then just the limits of what each medium is capable of, it's also about production numbers, and how many Imerators are folks going to buy? most folks who play AT will only buy one, if any, unlike the other titan classes where they might get 2 or 3, not top mention the possibility for a resin Imperator to fallow in the footsteps on the 40K scale titans and have multiple head options, and maybe cathedral options too, without needing to fill up a sprue with unused bits... and I like the idea of a resin Imerator's certificate of authenticity doubling as it's command terminal.

though regardless of all that, it doesn't discard my point that the titan we saw teased looks nothing like the Imperators portrayed in recent official artwork.

No... you dont understand... Is already dead cause they decided to put themselves into a limited armies and time span so the game has a limited expectation of life

Sooner ar later they will end what they can intoduce in the game and without further support the game itself will die

Period

Open up to 40k to introduce titans from different factions (including chaos mutated titans) or keep inventing new titan and kinght classes that will beat a BG that is already beat enough by the BL books that retconned the things too much (and FW is following that modus operandi too)

Another mistake they made with AL is AI that is based on 40K and is a boardgame instead being a wargame

Making both games as wargames and in the same timeline would help to integrate them and give to both a longer life

This is why i said AT is a dead game cause it will soon meet his end or they will beat again HH lore to keep it artificially alive even after his expectation of life

A game does generally need new content to continue selling, but saying models is the only form of content is ridiculous. The game launched in 2018; two and a half years later its gotten 5 expansions, but 3 of them were in 2020. So for that year and a half the game literally only sold on the rules of the base game and the two expansions.

Talking about models, the warbringer also was released in 2020 along with the mechanicum knight variants. That means the game rolled along for a year and a half with only two new units being added to it.

The rules are what drive sales across all of gw's systems. People didn't just discover their love for the inceptor models during 9th; the rules made them extremely good and they sold a whack.

They're not going to run out of scenarios or campaigns soon either; it's a galaxy-spanning event. Theres isstvan 5, there's tallarn, there's the siege, there's thramas, there's Prospero, etc...Not to mention the corrupted and psy-titan classes, along the other old classes. If the game was good enough to get to 2020 from 2018 with 2 knight releases and 2 campaign books, it's got a whole ton of potential

Like really. It's like saying necromunda is dead on arrival because they're stuck to one hive and one time period. Just not very well informed.

There are plenty of AT players who would buy more than 1 Imperator.  I would, absolutely....2, 3 or even more depending on other stuff getting released/  Look at what happened with Imperial Knights.....so many people said theres no need for more than 1....Ive got around a dozen, including 4 Forgeworld variants, and have room for more if my better half lets me.  The more stuff that comes out for games like AT the better...there will eventually be a transition to 40k AT, once they have exhausted the HH setting.  Then we will see the addition of other races...lots more people will flock to the game when phantoms and such start appearring in the range.

A plastic Imperator would be possible, and might be made to work in the game, but that's not what this is. The scale of that AA mount on the shoulder is way out.

This thing shares a lot of design features with the Warbringer and Warlord. I think it's probably roughly the same scale as those. If I had to bet right now I think I'd call it a Nightgaunt. That's a Warlord-class titan (originally a type of Warlord) with little or no Carapace weaponry. Those AA mounts would therefore fit pretty well.

I don't know why it's got two of the same gun. I think that was a mistake with the Warlord kit that now forces us to buy resin weapons. Shame if they've done that again.

Period

A game does generally need new content to continue selling, but saying models is the only form of content is ridiculous. The game launched in 2018; two and a half years later its gotten 5 expansions, but 3 of them were in 2020. So for that year and a half the game literally only sold on the rules of the base game and the two expansions.

Talking about models, the warbringer also was released in 2020 along with the mechanicum knight variants. That means the game rolled along for a year and a half with only two new units being added to it.

The rules are what drive sales across all of gw's systems. People didn't just discover their love for the inceptor models during 9th; the rules made them extremely good and they sold a whack.

They're not going to run out of scenarios or campaigns soon either; it's a galaxy-spanning event. Theres isstvan 5, there's tallarn, there's the siege, there's thramas, there's Prospero, etc...Not to mention the corrupted and psy-titan classes, along the other old classes. If the game was good enough to get to 2020 from 2018 with 2 knight releases and 2 campaign books, it's got a whole ton of potential

Like really. It's like saying necromunda is dead on arrival because they're stuck to one hive and one time period. Just not very well informed.

they've already talked about Chaos titans(Psi-titan rules already reference them after all), and contemplated possibly doing The War of The Beast once they run out of Heresy content, from there adding the other Xenos Titans wouldn't be a stretch.

and while I'm sure there will be no end to "it was better when every side was just Imperial vs Imperial with only Legio rules to differentiate them, because BALANCE!" complaints, I'm also sure that as a consequence there will be no shortage of players willing to play only imperial Legios and maybe even only with the "old"(current) edition of the rules.

+++GOOD CALL JOE. AS MUCH AS DISCUSSING TITANICUS IN GENERAL IS AWESOME, PLEASE TAKE IT TO THE OTHER GAMES FORUM+++

It's great down there in 8mm land, try it, you'll love it. :yes:

Fair play to the guy who rocks up in the AT forum with the topic "This game was dead from day one!"

At least they had guts.

Edited by Interrogator Stobz
Mod voice colour

Master Sheol, do you play Titanicus out of interest?

I dont play it cause none in my gaming group is interested in HH/AT

Of the guys in my gaming group 4 play xenos armies that are not in HH and they have no interest in "stupid SM" and of the other three that plays Imperium or Chaos only me is the only one interested in HH even if i HATE 7th edition (one dont want to play "half chaotic marines" the other one find the prices of FW criminal and dont want to give money to them)

So AT is game nobody in my gaming group is interested but me for the same reasons of HH

So i do like AT but i think that the decision to make it HH only is idiot cause i saw with my own eyes how many people dont appreciate HH and AT

Edited by Master Sheol

I doubt AT will stay HH, it's just starting there much like how the original game did way back when.

I know the Slaanesh mortals are a bit off for 40k, but at least Slaanesh CSM armies have a basis for conversions going forward since there is still no hide nor hair of Fulgrim's boys being updated any time soon.

I'm hoping this upcoming week sees them dive into those teasers a bit more to be honest, if only to see what the top half of that Ad Mech model looks like.

• 3 weeks later...