Rites of initiation and deathwing strikemaster

ChargingSoll

Got some new things in the point list update from the faq.

A new HQ that seems to be a terminator inner circle

And rites of initiation as our army upgrades that can upgrade our captain, primaris lieutenant and vehicles that are part of the deathwing including dreadnoughts

Edited by ChargingSoll

Rites of initiation for Primaris datasheets that don't already come with Deathwing/Inner Circle, interesting.  I'm going to make the conclusion that the Primaris already with Deathwing keyword may get updated with the Inner Circle rule too come supplement time.

That's super cool about the Deathwing Lt, though he seems pretty expensive.

Edited by Brother Quinn

a funny interaction u can do:

key of archbabel + outnumber but enver outmatched + lay low the mighty on a land raider excelsior in range of a rhino primaris

making him s10, ap- melee 7 reroll 1's, ws 2+, reroll wounds vs units of 10 or more

the excelsior is now auto smashing intercessors (with rifle butts) in melee and can kill them solo in melee assuming they get no help

What do we think these upgrades do for vehicles?

Is this all Dreadnoughts, including Venerable and Redemptor? Repulsor Executioners and regular Repulsors?

Most of the rules of the DW affects only infantry

The DW upgrade is meant to include dreads and Repulsors and LRs into a DW only vangaurd detachment without losing the special rule that gives Objective Secured to some units

They include only Dreadnoughts, repulsors and land raiders cause they mean all the variants too ofc

Interesting the new DW lieutenant

I have a spare DW terminator body ready to be assembled that will be my strike master

Pity there is still no RW command squad cause the ability of the command squad to shield a character would be useful

Edited by Master Sheol

They have a painted deathwing repulsor executioner in the space marine codex, and would be weird for it to be only standard box dread and not venerable, so I think it's by keyword like the masters of the chapter upgrades.

My guess - Deathwing Strikemaster is a Lieutenant of the Deathwing. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a primaris counterpart. Rites of Inititation - probably a way to give someone Inner Circle, however for 20pts I'd argue that's a bit too cheap.

My guess - Deathwing Strikemaster is a Lieutenant of the Deathwing. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a primaris counterpart. Rites of Inititation - probably a way to give someone Inner Circle, however for 20pts I'd argue that's a bit too cheap.

It's a termiantor cause he has a weapon only terminators use: the chainfist

The primaris lt but only the one with sword and shield from indomitus and the starter sets can be upgraded to DW but i wanna see if it will be a Primaris Strikemaster or an enterely new figure

If you look elsewhere in Codex: Space Marines, +15 points is the standard markup to put a unit into Terminator Armour. Firstborn Lieutenants are 80pts, the Strikemaster is 95 (80+15).

Mace + Stormshield seems like a fun loadout to me. Would want to not make him look just like a Knight, though. Assuming he doesn’t get a new model, I’d probably use the DW Sgt as the base.

If you look elsewhere in Codex: Space Marines, +15 points is the standard markup to put a unit into Terminator Armour. Firstborn Lieutenants are 80pts, the Strikemaster is 95 (80+15).

Mace + Stormshield seems like a fun loadout to me. Would want to not make him look just like a Knight, though. Assuming he doesn’t get a new model, I’d probably use the DW Sgt as the base.

I never used the cloak on my DW sergeants cause the wings on top and the front tabard from DWK (but with TDA helmet instead of bare head with hood were enough IMHO

I will use the cloak on my Strikemaster to make him standout compared to normal DWT/DWK and i will put a DA full angel icon on top took from the DA Vets or RW upgrades to mark him as an officier

I have one spare DW shoulder pad from FW so will use it cause it's more detailed and will help me to identify his status better

Yes i think that the Mace + shield loadout is interesting 

My prediction is that he will come equipped with SB + PS and he will be able to sawp PS for PF or CF or swap all his weapons for the 2LCs, TH+SS, MoA+SS combos

But if the rules writer at GW are not silly the DWT sprue has the PS on the right hand so a PS+SS combo would be possible PF+SS or CF+SS are not possible though

Can't wait to get the DA supplement and read the Strikemaster datasheet

P.S.: they started publishing the DA lore artcles on WHC, maybe this leak will be followed by an article on the Strikemaster telling us more about his rules and loadout

gonna assume default load is a sb + pf as thats what most terminators are, or a sb + power sword, kinda wanna run him with a bolter and thunder hammer

I am conflicted....

This is the ONE chance I can see for getting a Terminator with a Sword and Shield (thats in current era TDA, and not 30K armor).

But I fear that this loadout may not be the best, at all.

Personally, if the Strikemaster gets an ability to buff shooting over melee (which, I am hoping for, since we already have enough melee buffing in the Deathwing), I am going for just a pasic Storm Bolter + Something loadout.

Kinda boring, but, hey, it's what it is.

I am conflicted....

This is the ONE chance I can see for getting a Terminator with a Sword and Shield (thats in current era TDA, and not 30K armor).

Personally, if the Strikemaster gets an ability to buff shooting over melee (which, I am hoping for, since we already have enough melee buffing in the Deathwing), I am going for just a pasic Storm Bolter + Something loadout.

Isn't there that DW Power Sword relic that does MWs on high wound rolls? Might not be optimal (and, I think, locked to Masters atm) but could be a fun option.

I am conflicted....

Isn't there that DW Power Sword relic that does MWs on high wound rolls? Might not be optimal (and, I think, locked to Masters atm) but could be a fun option.

But, isn't the Storm Shield locked in pair with the Thunder Hammer, for the Captain?

I am conflicted....

But, isn't the Storm Shield locked in pair with the Thunder Hammer, for the Captain?

The TDA captain cane mix and match weapons so you can have for example TH+SB or PS+SS

But i guess that the Strike master will have fixed loadouts

SB+PS (with PS you can swap for PF or CF)

MoA+SS

TH+SS

2LCs

I don't think there will be any possible mix of these weapons even if the DW kit is really versatile cause it had SB wield on the right or left hand allowing you to mix and match weapons more easily

Edited by Master Sheol

im betting theres a new tda company master and he can be altered into a strikemaster, with weapons options for both units present and the strikemaster can jsut only use a limited number of them

Deathwing box builds both

This

With a smart use of the components of the DW box you can build all you want

TDA Master

Strike Master

And all other DW units

im betting theres a new tda company master and he can be altered into a strikemaster, with weapons options for both units present and the strikemaster can jsut only use a limited number of them

Deathwing box builds both

This

With a smart use of the components of the DW box you can build all you want

TDA Master

Strike Master

And all other DW units

It's pretty damn versatile. You can now make 5 Characters with it (Master, Strike Master, Apoth, Champ and Ancient) as well as DW Terminators and Command squads, or Knights.

They sure don't make kids like that anymore. Tempted to pick up another box when the Codex drops.