Not many changes on the Cult front. Perfect Ambush got reworded slightly to fit 9th edition, and points shuffled slightly.
For some reason, most of the points changes see base units increase by 5 points, but then all their weapon options drop by 5, so it's pretty much a wash.
However, there's a couple of small changes:
- Brood brothers went up one point, and now cost the same as neophytes
- Brood brother heavy weapon teams went up by two points
- Aberrants went down by 2 points each
- Acolyte hand flamers went up 1 point (but the metamorph version didn't)
- Leman Russes are cheaper - 10 points more for the base tank, but 15 less on all the turret weapons, so 5 points saved overall
So small wins on the Russ and aberrants, and a small loss on acolyte hand flamers (but I feel the bump to 12" is well worth the extra point, so...)
The question I have now is, Why take brood brothers? Same stats as a neophyte squad, less good options (unless you really, really want a Guard heavy weapon in there), no access to cult creeds, no <cult> keyword for buffs. And now they're not even cheaper. So why would you?
Edited by Rogue, 08 January 2021 - 08:50 PM.