BCC's "Operation: Hells Maw"

Cheers guys!

Yeah...the first half an hour was a little clunky from my part...its been maybe 5 years since I GM'd! But after some liquid courage and a break to chat 40k we cracked on and the guys all really relaxed and enjoyed it more & more I think.

What's also interesting is that of the 5 players me and Captain Idaho are the only common denominators. Everyone knows each other through us so there's that "new friends" feel to!

BCC

++Vox link established: Mission update++

++Operation: Hells Maw++

++Killteam: Circo++

++Killteam Leader: Brother Abraxus++

The Jericho Reach is beset on all sides.

Xenos of origins both known & unknown assail the Imperium.

This is the frontier.

Light from the Throne world of Terra is but a guttering flame.

Amidst this broiling storm of hatred, bloodshed & flame stands the Deathwatch of Watch Fortress Erioch.

New to the Reach stands Killteam Circo. Brothers Abraxus of the Ultramarines, Raziel the Dark Angel, Gharn of the White Scars, Ladrano the Blood Angel & a marine hailing from the mysterious Minotaur’s Chapter join the frontlines....

Following last weeks adventures we find the Killteam linked up with Brother Lucius of the Minotaurs. Translating in system following his briefing with Mordigael, Lucius learns that the Imperial Navy ship he arrives on is joining the other two currently blockading Hell's Maw. However Lord Commander Ebongrave has also commanded that the ships begin bombardment of Hell's Maw in 6 hours to show that Tau sympathisers will not be tolerated this far in sector. With the clock now ticking the Killteam have their work cut out for them...

Lucius makes a suitably heroic landing jumping from an Arvus Lighter above the runway, slamming into the rockcrete beside the existing Killteam. After they have all introduced themselves they head towards the command building. Breaching the doors with a flash of lightning from is staff, Gharn enters followed by the rest. As they survey the ruined desks and upturned files etc Abraxus studies a map on the wall, showing that the storage complex is mostly underground. Access is via the lift hauler in the room adjacent. It takes all five of them to wrench open the jammed doors that lead through to the lift.

Not being designed for Astartes they all quickly slide down the lift’s cables to level 2. The corridor beyond is harshly lit with neon white light strips with green tiles on all the surfaces. At the end is a set of heavy doors, Ladrano swiftly opens these with a swipe of his chainsword.

Within the room beyond is a datastack chamber around 12 metres square. Auto pistol rounds immediately shower the Killteam as they advance in.

Gharn sends a screaming ball of warp fire down the left flank burning 2 of the workers within, as Abraxus advances on the right flank. Thumbing a frag grenade he tosses it, killing several more Tau sympathisers cowering before him.

Raziel stalks into the chamber, bolt pistol extended. A Munitorum worker stumbles into him from the grenade blast and is swiftly lifted from his feet and punched down to the floor by the Dark Angel.

Lucius & Ladrano crunch through the room, swiftly dispatching two more before they are both bracketed by more auto pistol rounds. Slugs tink from their chests and helms and at best are irritating.

Gharn paces further in and find 2 more workers cowering behind a datastack. He channels lightning sending one hurling across the chamber and the other burned into the floor where he sits. However, in a fluke moment of chance a blind firing Munitorum officer hits the White Scars left arm, the slug penetrating the soft armour elbow joint before ricocheting off his bone and up into his bicep. As Raziel rises, removing his fist from the corpse at his feet, Abraxus paces down the right passage adjacent to him, calmly taking down 2 more opponents with precise bursts from his bolter.

Lucius & Ladrano hack one of the last workers to pieces before the Blood Angel lifts the last one from his feet. Gharn, grunting in pain joins them. With witch fire burning around his eye lenses and from his staff he is clearly in no mood to spare the seditionist. However, Abraxus calms the White Scar, reminding them of the mission.

As the team collect dataslates & Tau propaganda from the corpses they all turn bck to the survivor of their attack. He is clutching a pendant crafted to look like a Tau sigil made from an old Aquilla pendant. Towering over him he suffers a massive heart attack at their feet.

Leaving this room, they stalk through a chamber housing 6 large promethium tanks used to fuel the container haulers above ground. With only 5 servitors manning the area they continue.

Entering a 20-metre corridor bisected halfway by a cross roads they decide to spilt up, Gharn & Abraxus going left and Raziel, Ladrano & Lucius continuing forward. Though their initial interactions have been frosty, the White Scar & Ultramarine seem to be warming to each other it seems.

Gharn and Abraxus enter a truly huge container storage area, with a lift hauler in the centre of the warehouse. Gharn notes that many of the containers have different weights than what has been recorded on the data slates he found earlier. As Abraxus and him discuss this there is the roar of an explosion from the direction the others took.

Lucius is lifted clean from his feet and thrown backwards by the force of the blast, a 2-foot-long shard of the exploding doors punches clean through his chest plate. Raziel and Ladrano are knocked off their feet also by the booby trapped doorway.

As the smoke clears, with fire licking at the walls the three of them look up to see a tide of Munitorum workers racing towards them. Their helms register 25+ targets wielding everything from daggers to wrenchs. Surging to his feet Ladrano backs to stand next to Raziel, gunning his chainsword. The Dark Angel unclamps his heavy bolter and Lucius pulls himself to his feet. The Minotaur sends a fray grenade into the chest of the worker at the head of the crowd, punching 4 of them clear off their feet as the human disappears in a fountain of crimson gore. Shells from Raziel chew through the first rank as they push through the doorway screaming “Death to Ebongrave!” and “Down with the Imperium!”. Finally the blood lust is too much and Ladrano surges forward, combat stimms flooding into his veins from his wrist injectors. Slamming into the hand side of the enemy he begins the grim task of hacking & slashing his way through them. However a couple of humans slip past him and grasp his legs and left arm. With the arrival of Lucius thought hey turn the tide at the doorway briefly, the Minotaur quickly crushing the workers trying to bring Lucius down. Between them this flank of the corridor seems secure.

Abraxus sprints back to the intersection. As he leans around the corner he see’s Lucius & Ladrano’s chainswords rising and falling then his helm compensators kick in as Raziel opens up with another barrage of heavy bolter fire. The rounds punch through the insurgents on the left of the doorway, passing further into the crowd before they explode. “For the Emperor!” calls Abraxus as he adds his own bolter to the noise, gunning down another handful of enemies. Between him and Raziel there is now a wall of the dead waist high next to the assault marines.

Gharn joins the fight. Wounded and his choler rising he stands in the corridor next to Abraxus. Raw psychic flames lick up his arms into his staff and the roaring apparitions of fiery stallions once again erupt forth. The flaming avenger sears past the Blood Angel and Minotaur into the crowd and sheets them in flame. But he has dug too deep from his powers it seems. Gharns senses reel and he staggers sideways. As his hand touches the wall for support, blood drops creep like a spiderweb from his gauntlet up and across the ceiling. Soon blood drops well and drip from all of the lights and tiles down the corridors....

BCC

Edited by WarriorFish
Format fixed

That was an excellent read! A good start for their mission albeit with a bit of bad luck for the White Scar. If that continues maybe not having an Apothecary for this mission was a bad idea :unsure.: I can imagine the expression of glee for the Dark Angel when that horde appeared and getting out the Heavy Bolter was the proportionate response :D

Could I have the text bigger next time though? It's tiny on my screen :sweat:

That was an excellent read! A good start for their mission albeit with a bit of bad luck for the White Scar. If that continues maybe not having an Apothecary for this mission was a bad idea :unsure: I can imagine the expression of glee for the Dark Angel when that horde appeared and getting out the Heavy Bolter was the proportionate response :D

Could I have the text bigger next time though? It's tiny on my screen :sweat:

I’ll change the text definitely, I copied and pasted from Word. -facepalm-

BCC

Yeah, struggling to read it. I've found before that copying it into Notepad and then back out strips it of all the formatting. That, or using the mobile skin (even on computer) helps avoid oddities.

Really looking forward to seeing how this plot continues!

Text is sorted now kindly be WarriorFish, cheers buddy!

We have also moved our evening this week to tomorrow (Tuesday) so they'll be another update in the next couple of days. Thank you to all who are reading it as we go, it helps knowing that others are interested as well!

BCC

• 3 weeks later...