Expand from Indomitus Box

Aeri

Hey there!

I just bought the necrons from the Indomitus box and I am wandering what you guys think would be the beste early additions to the box?

I think I will take at least 20 more warriors and some scarabs as I like to have a solid troops base.

Maybe even 20 more sounds fun and would certainly look cool. Also the death ringer is one of my all time favourite models, however it might be just too overpowered for friendly games nowadays.

Are wraiths still any good?

Is the shooty stalker model good?

Happy to hear from your advice!

Find a Space Marine player that will split the elite version of the starter box (or go all in and have two factions). The box retails for 100 USD, the same as buying a Warrior and Skorphek Destroyer box.

Past that determine what direction you want to take with your army. I like using the Canoptek Doomstalker as my anti tank option.

Edited by Irate Khornate

I think I will get a Doom Stalker then, I actually don't like the looks of the arks so much (although I heard they are beasts on the tabletop).

The elite version of the box sounds like a good investment I guess :)

Any other advice?

If you're getting a Doomstalker, I'd recommend at least 2 of them. And have a Technomancer with a Control Node nearby to give them better BS. D6 shots hitting on 4's is a little too swingy for my tastes. 

Lokhust Heavy Destroyers are also a good option. Squishier than a Doomstalker and less shots, but more consistent/reliable shooting and better damage when it wounds. Plus rerolling 1's to hit is always nice.

Indomitus comes with 2 sprues of the warriors. Recruit/ Elite/ Command Starter sets each come with one sprue.

Each sprue is 3 scarabs and 10 warriors, all 10 warriors can use either flayer or reaper or any mix as both weapons are included for every figure.

Recruit edition is necron warriors + royal warden, Elite and Command both have warriors + Overlord+ 3 skorpekh destroyers. You also get Space Marines with each, which you can sell off to recoup some expenses.

Command adds a board (others come with paper map) and terrain to fill it. 2 boards is the 500/1000 point games, 4 boards is the 2000 point.

Command Battlefield expansion is a single board and terrain for it. Vertigus is 2 boards and 2 sets of terrain.

Just a breakdown for how to figure the value of the Starters.

Thanks for the summary!

Buying all those would mean a lot of warriors. I got some cheap Indomitus warriors on eBay, resulting in a grand total of 40 and 12 scarabs. I would like to field all of them, however I'm still not sure what options to use.

Thinking about 2x 15 flayers and 1x 10 reapers. Does that sound good or stupid?

I don't quite like tomb blades, because I remember them being quite op and I play in a more casual environment.

When I imagine my force the picture of slow walking killerbots comes to mind. In the background some "war of the world's" stalkers shooting heavy lasers relentlessly, while some smaller and faster but still deadly units pick off the survivors.

Therefore I want to go for a solid warrior base (40 or even 60) with 2 Doomstalkers and lots of scarabs and some wraiths/destroyers to push forward. I imagine wraiths being some kind of terror unit inflicting, well, terror among the enemies and mercilessly slaying their victims in the most horrible way.

Is it good on the board? I literally don't know, you tell me :-P.

Does it sound and feel epic? Sure does (at least for me).

So exited to build the army, but I must stop buying units befor I at least painted a solid core.

Edited by Aeri