Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Twitch batreps from a top tier SW (3xRedemptors and Logan)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,819 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

For people who are curious how other competitive SW lists look.

This player is winning all over the community I am in with a triple Redemptor list

This game is the RTT championship match against Tyranids...was played today

He uses 3xRedemptors and Logan on the sled

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/870699909

Edited by TiguriusX, 24 January 2021 - 12:53 AM.

• Harald Fairmane likes this

A digital space wolf returning to the pack and emerging from the warp on the TT to try the hobby side.  I started with Vassal40K and currently enjoy TTS40K

Inglorious Drunkard Champion-Night 3 (2012)

ETL first time participant-2018

ETL-2019

gallery_48988_15465_42927.png

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,495 posts
Is there a transcription of the SW list? I have tried watching the video but I am struggling to understand what I am seeing (probably because I am not familiar with it). Is the list displayed at a particular timestamp?
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Harald Fairmane

Harald Fairmane

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 122 posts
Tactical Turtoise posted a pastebin in the comment section, https://pastebin.com/mz8GUaK1

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Space Wolves) [97 PL, 10CP, 2,000pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selection**: Space Wolves

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Deeds and Sagas [Reference]

Detachment CP

+ Stratagems +

Relics of the Chapter [-1CP]: Number of Extra Relics

+ HQ +

Captain [6 PL, -1CP, 140pts]: Hunter, Jump Pack, Storm shield, Stratagem: Warrior of Legend, The Armour of Russ, Beast Slayer, Thunder hammer, Warlord

Logan Grimnar on Stormrider [9 PL, 180pts]

Primaris Librarian [5 PL, 95pts]: 2. Murderous Hurricane, 5. Null Zone, 6) Psychic Fortress (Aura), Tome of Malcador

+ Troops +

Assault Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]
. 4x Assault Intercessor: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol
. Assault Intercessor Sgt: Astartes Chainsword, Heavy Bolt Pistol

Assault Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]
. 4x Assault Intercessor: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol
. Assault Intercessor Sgt: Astartes Chainsword, Heavy Bolt Pistol

Incursor Squad [5 PL, 105pts]
. 4x Incursor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Occulus bolt carbine, 4x Paired combat blades
. Incursor Sergeant

+ Elites +

Bladeguard Veteran Squad [5 PL, 105pts]
. 2x Bladeguard Veteran: 2x Frag & Krak grenades, 2x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 2x Master-crafted power sword, 2x Storm Shield
. Bladeguard Veteran Sgt: Heavy Bolt Pistol

Bladeguard Veteran Squad [5 PL, 105pts]
. 2x Bladeguard Veteran: 2x Frag & Krak grenades, 2x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 2x Master-crafted power sword, 2x Storm Shield
. Bladeguard Veteran Sgt: Heavy Bolt Pistol

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

+ Fast Attack +

Attack Bike Squad [6 PL, 135pts]
. Attack Bike: Heavy bolter

Cyberwolves [1 PL, 15pts]: Cyberwolf

Cyberwolves [1 PL, 15pts]: Cyberwolf

+ Heavy Support +

Eliminator Squad [5 PL, 120pts]: Las Fusil
. Eliminator Sergeant: Las Fusil
. 2x Eliminators: 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Camo cloak, 2x Frag & Krak grenades

Eradicator Squad [6 PL, 120pts]: Melta rifle
. 2x Eradicator: 2x Bolt pistol
. Eradicator Sgt

Eradicator Squad [6 PL, 120pts]: Melta rifle
. 2x Eradicator: 2x Bolt pistol
. Eradicator Sgt

++ Total: [97 PL, 10CP, 2,000pts] ++

Edited by Harald Fairmane, 13 January 2021 - 11:37 AM.

• TiguriusX and Karhedron like this

eyeslikethunder

eyeslikethunder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,637 posts
Hi guys returning to 40k What’s the game they using to play online?
"The Wolves were always the Emperors most potent weapon" Magnus the Red

Sigismund replied.'Are we going to scrap about it now. Argue witch Legion is the toughest?
The answer always is, the wolfs of Fenris' Torgadon put in 'because their clinically insane.'
-1st captain of the imperial fists and Captain of the 2nd Company of the luna wolves.
"Horus Rising"

QUOTE ( Antropos commander Swampy Turtle DDWW campaign )
Thanks to the Eyeslikethunder on BFG our system is one of the most well controlled of Imperial space in the sector.

Well done everyone

- "The Mighty Alliance": Warhorse47, eyeslikethunder, Khine, Russ Brother 92, Dragan Stormwolf -

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,819 posts
Tabletop simulator (available on steam and other places)

Mods for 40k are free but you need to learn how to navigate around on discord

TTS Warhammer 40K is the main channel

Battleforge support sub channel has YouTube videos and links to download files you need

Learning curve is steep but lots of friendly and helpful people in the community

Once you are up and running check out the gaming communities like T5S2

https://www.tts40k.com/
  • RikuEru likes this

A digital space wolf returning to the pack and emerging from the warp on the TT to try the hobby side.  I started with Vassal40K and currently enjoy TTS40K

ETL-2019

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,819 posts

Here is a match from the invitational today

SW v Harlies 

The Harlie player might be the best in the community

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/885211678

SW list

Spoiler

• Karhedron and Harald Fairmane like this

ETL-2019

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,819 posts

This SW list just rampaged through the invitational and beat some nasty lists to win Season 3

Semi final v Sisters of Battle (1 point game decided on final rolls)

Final v White Scars

Worth the watch if you have time.  

Jan is a top notch SW player who understands positioning and counter assault

Twitch replays available here

https://www.twitch.t...ticaltortoisetv

• RikuEru, Karhedron and Harald Fairmane like this

ETL-2019

VIth

VIth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts

That's great.  I'm surprised he's not including an Iron Priest of some sort.

• Karhedron likes this

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,495 posts

That's great.  I'm surprised he's not including an Iron Priest of some sort.

An Iron Priest does look like a good fit on paper. Then again, maybe keeping the 3 Redemptors in range of the Librarian for a 5++ is more effective at preventing damage than an Iron Priest is at fixing it.

I like running a Dread Mob with and Iron Priest with Armour Russ. The dreads stomp up shooting, the IP tries to keep them standing. If the enemy attacks in melee, the IP freezes them in place.
  • VIth likes this
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,819 posts
For the old school flavor he was using wulfen as well

He can't spare an HQ slot for an iron priest

He has logan....smash captain...rune priest

All are too valuable to his play style to swap out

ETL-2019

eyeslikethunder

eyeslikethunder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,637 posts
Yea I loved watching the game live

The number of times Logan has saved him in these games is mega

Edited by eyeslikethunder, 10 February 2021 - 01:16 PM.

"The Wolves were always the Emperors most potent weapon" Magnus the Red

Sigismund replied.'Are we going to scrap about it now. Argue witch Legion is the toughest?
The answer always is, the wolfs of Fenris' Torgadon put in 'because their clinically insane.'
-1st captain of the imperial fists and Captain of the 2nd Company of the luna wolves.
"Horus Rising"

QUOTE ( Antropos commander Swampy Turtle DDWW campaign )
Thanks to the Eyeslikethunder on BFG our system is one of the most well controlled of Imperial space in the sector.

Well done everyone

- "The Mighty Alliance": Warhorse47, eyeslikethunder, Khine, Russ Brother 92, Dragan Stormwolf -

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,495 posts
I have tried watching a game but I can't understand what is going on, probably because I don't really understand Discord.

Can someone explain how Logan works in this list?

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,819 posts

I have tried watching a game but I can't understand what is going on, probably because I don't really understand Discord.

Can someone explain how Logan works in this list?

Discord is a chat channel tool (new to me when I started TTS40k)

The games are on twitch (and youtube) for viewing

Logan is his late game mop up tool usually. He keeps him safe until turn 3 or so then rampages around clearing the board where needed.

In the finals match Logan played the anvil and was mvp for tanking 8 meltas and a WS teeth of terra captain plus VV charge (that all happened in bottom of turn 2)

His high wounds and 4++ can be swingy and his offense is punishing if he survives

ETL-2019

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users