Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+ THE RELIQUARY + completed Grey Knights projects

Grey Knights completed projects + HALL OF HONOUR + + WORKS IN PROGRESS +

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

InKaras

InKaras

++AQUILA CÆRULEUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,950 posts

I am sorry you feel that way. Is was meant to be humorous.

Shouldn't they just be Grey? tongue.png

One thing I don't get, is why people insist on painting Grey Knights as steel coloured astartes when novelia/lore clearly and always refers to them as silver-coloured angels. Shouldn't the colour scheme by that logic be silver?

I fail to find that post constructive or humorous. 

April 14th / 2010 A New Kidney for me, yeay!

Brother Lunkhead

Brother Lunkhead

++ ANTICUS ÆSALON ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,735 posts
  • Faction: Praetorian Sword, Ultramarines

The preferred color (or colourtongue.png) of your Grey Knights armour (or armortongue.png) is a subjective thing. There's no right way or wrong way or best way or worst way to paint your GK's. It's all in the eye of the beholder. It's also fine to express your like or dislike of a particular color scheme. This can all be a very useful and lively discussion. Just make sure YOU understand and everyone else understands that it's just your opinion.

There are so many variations on the grey metal armour scheme. You can even paint them silver, or even gray (I've seen both of these as well). I've seen GK armour described as unpainted ceramite covered armor. So, what color is ceramite really?.... gray, silver-gray, what? GW depicts GK models painted in a blue hued bright silver-grey scheme, but they never say it must be this way. "Silver" as a literary word is often used to describe something as bright or shinny or brightly shinning and not necessarily literally silver. Of course it can literally mean "silver" too.

Humor can also be a subjective thing, but it's still generally a good thing and definitely has its place here. Just don't be overtly or purposefully offensive.

This......

Shouldn't they just be Grey? tongue.png

One thing I don't get, is why people insist on painting Grey Knights as steel coloured astartes when novelia/lore clearly and always refers to them as silver-coloured angels. Shouldn't the colour scheme by that logic be silver?

I'm sure Brother InKaras understands my above point concerning GK color and was simply expressing it in a light humorous way. It wasn't meant to be offensive and probably not meant to be particularly constructive (not every post must be strictly constructive) either.... just light. It could have been effectively stated without the attached quote though.

.......and that's my opinion.

Edited by Brother Lunkhead, Yesterday, 06:36 PM.

• InKaras and war009 like this

gallery_26154_15777_13780.png

TPS

TPS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 162 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch, Grey Knights

The preferred color (or colourtongue.png) of your Grey Knights armour (or armortongue.png) is a subjective thing. There's no right way or wrong way or best way or worst way to paint your GK's. It's all in the eye of the beholder. It's also fine to express your like or dislike of a particular color scheme. Just make sure YOU understand and everyone else understands that it's just your opinion.

For what it's worth, if someone wants to paint his GKs bright blue and enjoys doing so, more power to them! After all, 40k is all about YOUR dudes, and everyone should enjoy their hobby time as they like it best, especially during those nurgle-cursed times!

Also: less disputing on how grey is wrong and more posting of the miniatures!

Here goes!

5hYdWD3.jpg

I'm having too much fun reposing Dreadknights.

Sg6WvZx.jpg

4Xm0D2H.jpg

• war009, Brother Lunkhead, Shagah and 1 other like this

gallery_48988_16308_20607.pngsml_gallery_94427_16628_16366.pngsml_gallery_48988_11572_19630.pnggallery_48988_15094_2398.png

Brother Lunkhead

Brother Lunkhead

++ ANTICUS ÆSALON ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,735 posts
  • Faction: Praetorian Sword, Ultramarines

Well said TPS and very fine armythumbsup.gif

gallery_26154_15777_13780.png

war009

war009

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,396 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights Adepta Sororitas

eek.gif jawdrop.gif Amazing TPS!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Grey Knights, completed projects, + HALL OF HONOUR +, + WORKS IN PROGRESS +

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users