+ THE RELIQUARY + completed Grey Knights projects

Icosiel

I am sorry you feel that way. Is was meant to be humorous.

Shouldn't they just be Grey? :tongue.:

One thing I don't get, is why people insist on painting Grey Knights as steel coloured astartes when novelia/lore clearly and always refers to them as silver-coloured angels. Shouldn't the colour scheme by that logic be silver?

I fail to find that post constructive or humorous. 

The preferred color (or colour:tongue.:) of your Grey Knights armour (or armor:tongue.:) is a subjective thing. There's no right way or wrong way or best way or worst way to paint your GK's. It's all in the eye of the beholder. It's also fine to express your like or dislike of a particular color scheme. This can all be a very useful and lively discussion. Just make sure YOU understand and everyone else understands that it's just your opinion.

There are so many variations on the grey metal armour scheme. You can even paint them silver, or even gray (I've seen both of these as well). I've seen GK armour described as unpainted ceramite covered armor. So, what color is ceramite really?.... gray, silver-gray, what? GW depicts GK models painted in a blue hued bright silver-grey scheme, but they never say it must be this way. "Silver" as a literary word is often used to describe something as bright or shinny or brightly shinning and not necessarily literally silver. Of course it can literally mean "silver" too.

Humor can also be a subjective thing, but it's still generally a good thing and definitely has its place here. Just don't be overtly or purposefully offensive.

This......

Shouldn't they just be Grey? :tongue.:

One thing I don't get, is why people insist on painting Grey Knights as steel coloured astartes when novelia/lore clearly and always refers to them as silver-coloured angels. Shouldn't the colour scheme by that logic be silver?

I'm sure Brother InKaras understands my above point concerning GK color and was simply expressing it in a light humorous way. It wasn't meant to be offensive and probably not meant to be particularly constructive (not every post must be strictly constructive) either.... just light. It could have been effectively stated without the attached quote though.

.......and that's my opinion.

Edited by Brother Lunkhead

The preferred color (or colour:tongue.:) of your Grey Knights armour (or armor:tongue.:) is a subjective thing. There's no right way or wrong way or best way or worst way to paint your GK's. It's all in the eye of the beholder. It's also fine to express your like or dislike of a particular color scheme. Just make sure YOU understand and everyone else understands that it's just your opinion.

For what it's worth, if someone wants to paint his GKs bright blue and enjoys doing so, more power to them! After all, 40k is all about YOUR dudes, and everyone should enjoy their hobby time as they like it best, especially during those nurgle-cursed times!

Also: less disputing on how grey is wrong and more posting of the miniatures!

Here goes!

5hYdWD3.jpg

I'm having too much fun reposing Dreadknights.

Sg6WvZx.jpg

4Xm0D2H.jpg

My army is nowhere near done unfortunately. I've not touched them since September or something. Just hadn't had any enthusiasm for painting aha

I get that. I just started working on my Paladins and had not touched model until recently. I really want to build my Land Raiders, 2 of which will be magnetized for all 3 variants (Crusader, Phobos, Redeemer) and the other is my Mk IIb version. :biggrin.:  

My meager GK allied force is still in storage with the bulk of my armies, mountain of shame and modelling gear, but I do have a box of Paladins and Grand Master Voldus calling for attention. I plan on pulling these out next month and giving them the attention they deserve. I'll post them when done.

Thanks guys!

So, anyone else up for posting their forces? I mean, apart from war009 and Icosiel - which are fantastic btw!

Currently working on my Dreadknight for SFOD Challenge - once he's done, I'll have reached a point where I'm happy to call it "done for now" (need a break from silver power-armor, my Purgators will have to wait a little). At which time I'll get some group shots done and happily post them here! I was kind of hoping to get a display board done for said group shots, maybe I can get that moving as a side-project...

Thought I may pop this pic up from my finished Grey Knights project from a few years back. This is from the period that they first came out and I painted them up in 2 weeks for the Badab War Campaign Weekend at Warhammer World. 

Hope you like them folks! Sadly I no longer own the army...but who knows maybe I'll redo the project again someday!

Oh and the green knights were the ghost knights!

267295_210549262327391_173342406048077_536483_7702638_n.jpg

BCC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Strangely felt like painting a model today. I did make the mistake of having 2 coffees before painting though. Hard time trying to paint with shakey hands haha. So there is see cleanup that needs doing, but will probably never do it.

gallery_80056_16040_162029.jpg

Brother Captain Coolpants: Mighty fine work for a shaky handed painter:wink:  I'd be blessed to do so well with a steady hand...... and that base is perfect. Great job:thumbsup:

Brother Icosiel: Congratulations on a most excellent GMDK kitbash:thumbsup: I watched your YT vid on this subject, and imo the best DK kitbash idea to date. I expect to kitbash my own DK's in a similar fashion in the future.