Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

GW Half-Year Report out, everything's up, BBC reports

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,590 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

What annoys me with stock is that I'll forever kick myself not putting money on GW as soon as they went public, as I should have known they would have gone up. But now there's the constant worry of if GW's gains are going to just implode with no warning (especially giving dangerous times), so I don't feel comfortable putting money on it even though it just keeps going up.

There's also the classic idea of supporting your own hobbies in multiple ways. Growing up my friend's grandfather owned stock in Pepsi and so their entire extended family only used Pepsi products for everything. Did he own the stock b/c of how much they drank Pepsi? Or the other way around? <shrug> 

• N1SB likes this

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,256 posts
Amazing in a year where face to face gaming has for many has been impossible and difficult for the rest. Maybe tells us how many buy models just to paint and model?

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,932 posts

I mean, that's... always been the case? Across the hobby, the "gaming" aspect has always been the smallest part. It's why people quite comfortably laugh when someone refuses to buy a model and denounces it as "trash" just because the rules mean it's useless in their WAAC army list.

• Antarius likes this

mkbKIlr.png

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,130 posts

What annoys me with stock is that I'll forever kick myself not putting money on GW as soon as they went public, as I should have known they would have gone up. But now there's the constant worry of if GW's gains are going to just implode with no warning (especially giving dangerous times), so I don't feel comfortable putting money on it even though it just keeps going up.

It went up 4% today after dropping about 6 or 7% earlier in January, probably from Brexit wobbles.
Yahoo finance and some other business sites say its a good long term investment as it should maintain steady growth and the dividends are quite good. But there is a sense its slightly overvalued at the moment based on ability to maintain such a ridiculously high level of growth in profit

In general a 33% growth in profit for a billion dollar company is obscenely good. Only a madman would expect that every year

Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla

Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 111 posts

Good for them, but I wish they singled out forge world in their reports again.

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,958 posts

GW went public over 20, almost 30 ago, so you waited a long time.

Don't blame you, stock jumped a lot with the release of the EoT campaign, but then was pretty flat for the next 15 years or so until Rowntree took over. 2005 - 2015 wasn't a great time for the company and many wouldnt have invested. 

Edited by Xenith, 15 January 2021 - 10:33 AM.

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_58096_14832_1808.gifgallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pnggallery_58096_13272_607.pngXX\

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,797 posts

And yet, no Black Templars (for now xD).

Don't worry, I'm sure the Crusaders are coming at some point teehee.gif

Edited by Chapter Master Valrak, 15 January 2021 - 10:55 AM.

• Sete likes this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,892 posts

And yet, no Black Templars (for now xD).

Don't worry, I'm sure the Crusaders are coming at some point teehee.gif

With a vengeance ;)

Edited by Sete, 15 January 2021 - 01:39 PM.

Mendi Warrior

Mendi Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,708 posts

I'll reply later once I actually read instead of skim the whole thing, but 1 thing I picked up on immediately (aside from insane growth in profitability for something that's not a tech company...or maybe I should re-think GW and consider it one) is they're continuing to invest in capital projects, ergo they're building facilities like their miniatures factory (the sum makes me think of it as an expansion, not just replacing old stuff though that is part of it), ergo...and this is the most important thing...GW is still working like it's aiming/planning/expecting to grow.

Eager to read your full analysis!

One question that sprung to my mind is the following: what is the part of investments in capital project that is pure expansion and what is the part that is replacement for stuff currently outsourced / recapturing control on the full production and supply chain? Especially in view of the pandemic and supply chain issues of late (e.g. manufacturing delays, increases in shipping costs and turnaround times, ...).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users