Monolith issue

As is the only thing stopping me from fielding a monolith in a game would be the LoW issue. I mean, i have to pay 3 cp to use it and the points, and can it even use dynastic codes under most conditions?

I saw the new model and figured gw was going to buff it totally, instead i find a mid range buff and a big price issue, both in co and $.

I bought an old monolith model when i saw the new one, figuring it would be worth it, but gw, ya got me again. I hope a future faq changes it a bit.

Edited by The silent but deadly king

I grabbed one because I love the model. It's painted. It'll be getting played. I'm tempted by 2 and the silent king as a detachment. That way they get dynasty rules.

Regardless, are they points Heavy? Yup. But dropping that, doom scythe and veil in turn two means I drop my 60 Warriors pretty much where I want.

Not something I'll play all the time but the model is too cool, the unit so iconic. Personally I think they'll be good in game. Just need the chronomancer to drop...

As is the only thing stopping me from fielding a monolith in a game would be the LoW issue. I mean, i have to pay 3 cp to use it and the points, and can it even use dynastic codes under most conditions?

I saw the new model and figured gw was going to buff it totally, instead i find a mid range buff and a big price issue, both in co and $.

I bought an old monolith model when i saw the new one, figuring it would be worth it, but gw, ya got me again. I hope a future faq changes it a bit.

I had a very similar thought when they revealed the new monolith. But man, it's average at best and the price tag in points, dollars, and CP is rough. I was going to trash my original monolith and get one of the new ones but at their new price I just can't justify it. If I want to run a monolith I'll bring out the tired old model I already own.

The model is literally the exact same size and unless your opponent isn't stickler about not wysiwyg with the death ray option then why not? I'm curious what the sales on the monolith was overall with the rest of the necron releases.

Yeah, most people get that the old monolith had no death ray option and once assembled it'a not easy to convery them. Those that dont get it are usually not worth gaming with. since you will usually have at most ONE on a table it's not hard to remember "My monolith has death rays".

Gamenerdz had the Monolith on sale, but still just didn't seem worth the money for me. (Plus, I don't want to paint big models anymore, so if I bought it, I'd need to also get an airbrush I think.)

Really, the Tesseract Vault is the big thing I really want, but don't want to spend that much money on. Sure Void Dragon looks neat, but when I think of "captured star god fragment", the Vault is the look I like.

I'd probably also get the Convergence of Dominion if it was like, half price!

So yeah, I realize that's the GW pricing model and it is what it is, but it still hinders my purchases for certain things. Didn't mind paying for other things, but 3 pylons shouldn't cost that much! :)

I'll certainly grab a second at some stage. The old and new may he similar size but I genuinely enjoyed painting the new one, it was a lot of fun.

If I see one on sale I'd be tempted. It, the void dragon and skorpekh lord were all a blast to paint.