Did GW stop producing the Blood Angel Tactical Squad?

Helias_Tancred

It makes sense going forward that they might stick with generic kits and chapter-specific upgrade sprues as addons. It must be easier to keep control of an ever growing inventory with that approach, plus there’s be less different moulds needed to create them, and the Primaris Death Company box is done that way - as is our recent Combat Patrol.

With existing kits like our Tac Squad it could just be repackaging and Covid delaying that, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they were to decide to stop producing that and just keep the generic Tactical boxes going now their focus is on Primaris.

This is all just a guess though, it could go either way :)

I'm not knowledgable about the industry but would be interesting to know the timeframe for individual kits.

How long to retool a given mold station to say, BA tactical mold, then how many kits produced per hour/day. Recently read one of their capital investments was in printing (for boards, boxes and the like) to do so in-house but either way they must schedule for box/instruction inventory alongside.

Then how many stations can they run, and last of all what kits they schedule for printing, which is likely some huge majority for new kits.

If you are looking for a kit should look/check around lgs's in your city/state, and buy/sell groups. I recently had to order 'out of province' to a shop to get a box of possessed, no shop in my (major metropolitan) city had a copy. Somewhere there will be a copy collecting dust.

Edited by Syrakul

As far as I know, GW has never retired a (40k) plastic kit without a replacement. Plastic bikers are still there, as well as eldar tanks. A lot of stuff went into no longer available due to 9th ed repackaging, new sku codes etc. All instruction manuals are being replaced with 9th ed ones.

The jump pack chaplain is also gone for now.

Perhaps can email their customer support.

Some of the space wolves kits were gone for a time as well, but seem to be back up. Might just be procedural.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

The jump pack chaplain is also gone for now.

It's in stock. Just saw it on the BA page.

It isn't available on the US site. Which leads credence to that it might just be procedural until certain things are printed, or something of the sort.

This one, presumably.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Blood-Angels-Chaplain-with-Jump-Pack-2020

In stock in the UK. US has it's own warehouse, which is being expanded soon, so you'll likely run into fewer stock issues. 

This one, presumably.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Blood-Angels-Chaplain-with-Jump-Pack-2020

In stock in the UK. US has it's own warehouse, which is being expanded soon, so you'll likely run into fewer stock issues. 

Oh yeah that guy! Totally overlooked him. Yeah I'd think since he's plastic and still relatively new(er) its just a re-packaging?