Warhawks: Crusade Argovon Log

Dracos

I had a Strike Force game against Necrons tonight. Assault Intercessors with a Master of Ambush Indomitus Lt, started the game taking out a 20 man Necron unit. I’ll write up a Battle Report with pics tomorrow. Had a Incursion game against Night Lords that ended T3 yesterday. I was up 60 to 10 when store had to close. He had three chonky models a small unit of Terminators, Lightning Claw jumpie dudes and couple basic marines. Eradicators killed Lord Discordant. Aggressors killed a Mauler Fiend, one of the Troop choices and the Raptors(?) by Turn 2. Defiler finished of the Aggressors it it was a length way deployment so he just never had time to get anything into combat before the Eradicators would make it to poof. If I have a pic of that I’ll post it in this post tomorrow.

News flash: Assault Intercessors, Aggressors, and Eradicators are good ;)

50 PL. Just a single pic of the Night Lord game. The diagrams tell the story. That all went down by the end of Turn One. Turn Two the Defiler was able to kill my last Aggressors. By top of Turn Three game was all but over. The Arrow is Assault the Lines are shooting.

med_gallery_7985_16096_45145.jpg

med_gallery_7985_16096_315163.jpg

Edited by Dracos

Oh, would that I were there. The only thing I love thrashing more than Orks are :cuss-ing Tau. Unfortunately, this blasted pandemic has put a huge damper on our hobby. It is so hard to get in a pick up game. You have to schedule everything online now. Even then, some players are scared to meet new people for fear of getting sick. Then there are now occupancy restrictions on gaming spaces. Some places only allow one player around the table at a time, and I hate that.

Argovon Campaign: Strike Force

Mission (75 PL): Apocolypse of Foronika

World: Foronika

Necrons (2 xenotech points)

Raven Guard Successor: Warhawks (10 xenotech points)

Outcome: Imperium victory

The Strike Crusier "Void Raven" of the Warhawks had tracked the Night Lords back to Foronika. A running battle through the Agrovon system had eventually led back to the Forge World. Xiphon Interceptors were launched and reported Necron activity among the ruins of a recently destroyed hab-center. Inquisitor Dracos had informed the Warhawks of increased Xenos activity throughout the system. Both Orc and Necron seemed to be in search of an ancient artifact. It was imperative that the Imperium find it first.

The Whispercutters had dropped Captain Klayde and the Infiltrators onto the field, giving them time to search through the ruins. Masters of stealth and ambush, the Warhawk Eradicators were able to deploy themselves much closer than most Astartes were capable of before being discovered. The Warhawks had they advantage, and the initial volleys of melta-rifles and clashing of chainswords was quick and brutal. The Doomstalker was the first to fall to the Eradicators blistering firepower, quickly followed by the Night Scythe as it dropped its cargo, a legion of Necron Warriors close to the Warhawk Infiltrators searching for xeno-tech.

Fortunately for the Warhawks the Shadow Council was ready to Strike from the Shadows. The two Chambers quickly washed the Warriors in a deluge of boltstorm firepower that the mechanoid enemy were destroyed to it's last unitbefore they could step forward from the crashed Night Scythe. All this was merely an aside for the true attle that was taking place on the battlefield.

Indomitus Lt. Kol and the Assault Intercessor's Kol's Blades had stealthed behind the Necron lines. Their Master of Ambush allowed the Blades to crash into a legion of Necron Warriors as Lt. Kol took the flank. The Burning Blade flashed as he cleared the swarms of Scarabs from the ruin, stepping out in time to see his men cutting down the last of the Warriors . . . . but through the smoke strode forth the Necron Overlord and his Lychguard. Unspoken the challenge had been cast and accepted. The leaders of the battlefield drew together blades flashing on ceramite armour and living metal as their warriors fought around them. The Intercessors fell back before the strength of the Lychguard blades, but both they and the arriving Aggressors watched as the only battle that matter took place.

Twice the Indomitus Lt. drove the Burning Blade into the heart of the Overlord only to see it reassemble and rise again to test its unliving strength against  the Astartes Adamantine Cuirass. The Warhawk's deepest secret and strength was not a belief in the Emperor's divinity but the vision he carried in his Crusade as he crossed the stars. The search for scientific truth. Kol's belief in that Truth was affirmed as blow after blow of the Overlord's glaive was resisted by the Cuirass armor. Both down to last of their strength (1w each) The Overlord saw the flow of the battle and activated his Obelisk teleporters just as Lt. Kol was the drive his blade for a third time into the mechanoid leaders breast.

Mission (80 PL): Abandoned City

World: Foronika

Night Lords (2 xenotech points)

Raven Guard Successor: Warhawks (5 xenotech points)

Outcome: Imperium victory

After initially clashing on Argolish, the Strike Cruiser "Void Raven" had dropped the Warhawks onto Foronika. Phobos Captain Klayde and Indomitus Lt. Kol had pursued the Night Lords warband from a factory district deeper into the Abandoned City. The Warhawks had the initiative and deep through the ruins not allowing the Night Lord's a moments rest. The Aggressors and Bladeguard of the Wahawk's infiltrated into the rear guard of the Night Lords before their Discordant Lord and master could return to organize thier defense.

Indomitus Lt. Kol led his Eradicators through the Shadows to a defensive station. They awaited his signal as he stealthed forward within striking distance of the enemy sorceror. Between him and his prey, the demonic Defiler engine. Captain Klayde signalled the start of the battle, attempting to take Sorceror down before he could bring his warp powers to bear. Though the foul powers protected their servant, the signal had sounded. The Warhawks had already taken half the city buildings and fired from the shadows. The Heldrake was shredded by the Kestrel's Shadow Chamber of Aggressors and the Defiler all but exploded in the hail of melta-rifles of the Eradicators. This opened up a path for Lt. Kol to rush forward from the shadows and cut down the Sorceror of the Night Lords.

Like the best of enemies .. they would be back.

[Pics in transit through warp transmission]

I spent Requisition Points to switch the Eliminators from Sniper Rifles to Las-fusil. Characters haven't been hard to get to and they are a good resource to knock off wounds when I combat squad the Eradicators

med_gallery_7985_16096_610735.jpg

This what happens with Master of Ambush and liberal use of Infiltrator Stratagem

med_gallery_7985_16096_352789.jpg

Edited by Dracos

Mission (80 PL): Supplies from Above

World: Hishrea

Hive Fleet Behemoth

Warhawks: Raven Guard Successor

Outcome: Imperium victory (6 XT pts), Xenos (4 XT pts)

The battle for Argolish had went well and the Warhawks had pushed the Night Lords out of Foronika's capital city for the moment. While all this transpired, from the seclusion of the "Void Raven" Phobos Librarian Shaevac had again sensed the emptiness within the Shadows. Hive Fleet Behemoth had made it's way to the ice covered planet of Hishrea.

Mind touch of the Hive Tyrant was familiar to Shaevac. The Warhawks had tracked the splinter to an ancient research station in a hidden mountain valley. Supplies to search for Xeno-tech were in route, when the Tyranid force rushed down the mountain valley slopes. His time in isolation had served the Warhawks well. He and Indomitus Lt. Kol had lured the Hive Tyrant and Exocrine to the valley opening, while Phobos Captain Klayde and the Infiltrators deployed to deny the splinter force the ability to bring their reserve forces to bear.

The firepower of the Behemoth was massive. Venerable Dreadnought Primus was badly damaged while delaying the two Tyrants that entered the valley opening. Doing so allowed the damaged Phobos units the opportunity to move through the Shadows and redeploy deeper in the valley amongst the ruins. Off balance now the Tyranids faced the Gravis units of the Warhawks that emerged form ambush.

The combined firepower of the Inceptors and Eradicators carved through the galactic aliens. At the same time the Shaevac's Shadow Chamber of Aggressors emerged and assaulted the Tyranid Warlord, cutting the Hive Tyrant down but taking grievous injuries in the process. The monstrous Exocrine kept firing volley after volley into the Gravis armored marines, but after the flying Tyrant fell to the Inceptors second round of fire, the beast somehow disappeared into the blinding snow storms.

med_gallery_7985_16096_720305.jpg

med_gallery_7985_16096_101575.jpg

Edited by Dracos

• 3 weeks later...

Phase 3 has begun (2-0 and closed 2 Dolman Gates first two games)

Mission (90 PL): Abandoned City

World: Laso

Word Bearers vs Warhawks (Raven Guard Successor)

Outcome: Imperium victory (Gate Closed)

For the third time the two Astarte factions faced off. The Warhawks quickly to the initiative and control of the battlefield with their Infiltrating units. The Phobos units took control of the Chaos Altar and the Gravis units denied wave after wave of Possessed Astartes and summoned demons. As night fell the Word Bearer’s withdrew from the battlefield giving the Warhawks Phobos Captain opportunity to close the Necron gate device.

Mission (100 PL): Surround and Destroy

World: Argolish

Necrons versus Warhawks (Raven Guard Successor)

Outcome: Imperium victory (Gate Closed)

The last time these two forces met, it ended in an epic hand to hand battle between the two Warlords as their vanguards stood watch. This ... was not that battle. The Necrons had the early advantage and pressed their forces forward forcing the Warhawks to retreat to more advantageous positions.

The Necrons slowly inexorably ground away at the Emperor’s Angels of Death. While the true dealer of death, the Nightbringer, smote down Eradicator and Heavy Intercessor alike with its C’tan powers. Before the battle ended though the Warhawks newest Eradicator unit with the guidance of their Captain were able to shatter the Death Dealers shards .... for now.

I have a pre tournament practice with 5 other players tomorrow. I’ll post pics from Crusade over next few days. I used all my RP to reconfigure my Crusade list to simulate my tournament list as much as possible. It’s different (ie no Shrike) but I need all practice I can get with Bladeguard Plasma Inceptors and Eradicators.

Recent experience says Hereticus Astartes are still weak sauce and need an upgrade ASAP. Also Necron Ghost Arks are almost unkillable when your Eradicators are rolling 2s and 3s to wound. Nightbringer was killed by Eradicators who got lucky. 3 wounds shooting. 3 wounds when he charged. 3 wounds because Raven Guard rock against characters lol.

• 2 weeks later...

One week left and the Imperium team is all but untouchable. A combined force of Lion’s Rampant (Warmaster - UM), Blood Angels, Sons of Euclides (IF), Space Wolves, Warhawks (RG), and Tau have stymied the advances of 5 Chaos (2 DG, 2 WB, 1 NL) Warbands, and a Xenos host of 2 Necron Dynasties, 2 Waaghs, and 2 Tyranid Fleets.

After a horrific start the Tau ran off a string of 9 wins. The Warhawks purposefully forego “wins” in the first phase to collect Investigation points with the Phobos Librarian. After that the Indomitus Lt. led the way winning in all but one Tyranid battle and two clashes with a Forge World rich Ork warband.

I think I’ve learned more about focusing on threat analysis and target priority during the campaign. I hope I can translate that to better Match Play. Focus on Primaries and target the greatest threat to those Primaries not just Turn One. It looking into the counter strike in following turns.