2k Competitve List

jgascoine011

So after really trying to pollish a turn with the new codex without relying on mortarion I have come up with what I think is the best list you could build.

HQ

Daemon Prince with Wings

- Twin Malific Talons

- Acidic Malady

- Power: The -1S/A spell

- Relic: Warp Insect Hive

- WLT: Arch contaminator

So he has 8 S8 AP-2 D2 attack, re-rolling to hit and wound.

Plaguecaster

- Powers: +1 S&T, -1 to hit

- WLT: Gloaming Bloat

He is basically used to buff the terminators

Troops

2 x 10 Poxwalkers

10 Plague Marines

- 2 Blight Launchers

- 3 Plasma Guns

Will pretty much just drop cloud of flies on these guys every turn as required.

Elites

10 Terminators

- 2 Reaper Autocannons

Tallyman

- Relic: Tollkeeper

Stands near the plague marines and terminators (if not deepstriking) giving +1 to hit to the plague marines.

So that is 4 S6 AP-2 D2 shots, 3-6 S7/8 AP-3 D1/2 Shots, 8 S7 AP-2 D1 shots, and 42 S4 AP- D1 shots, all hitting on 2s with 6s getting extra hits...

Blightspawn

- Relic: Revolting Stench

Yea charge me if you dare....

Fast Attack

2 Bloat Drones

- Mowers. 

They are supposed protect the daemon prince while he walks up the bored and with a similar statline (12 S7 AP-2 D2 attacks) they go after similar targets. I was tempted to give them the HBL instead, My thought are that the HBL help with light anti-tanks such as venoms etc, but with the change to arch contaminator...well they are not great, doing maybe 4 wounds to a rhino...it also saves me 10 points.

Heavy Support

3 PBCs

- Entropy Cannons

- Volley Guns

Helps with anti-tank and with the huge buffs to entropy guns its really the only way to play them. However again, due to changes in core, you really need 3 for consistance. I do think that 3 should kill a rhino...finally

The list comes to 2k exactly, although I am not sure if you pay 5 points per entropy cannon or 5 points total. I have calculated it out as 5 points per cannon. You could drop the prince for a Lord of Contagion (or Virulance) in which case I would give him the 6s explode pathogen, for either 12 S6 AP-1 or 6 S9 AP-3 D3 attacks, re-rolling hits/wounds, 6s explode. That would save you around 55 points, if the entropy cannons are 5 points for both of them then you would have 70 points spare, allowing the plague marines to take the sigil of 6s auto wound, and a biolgius. But im not sure if the reduction in mobility and the loss of a psychic power is worth it.

You can't give pathogens to a Daemon prince with twin talons it can only ever be given as an upgrade for Plague Weapons Daemon Princes don't have any at all apart from plague spewer

+1 to this man.

The Epidemicyst Blade, I miss you so much.... :'(

(edit: anyway we can't use Pathogen on Relic too.)

I don't feel like the Malignant Plaguecaster is a good target for Gloaming Bloat, shouldn't goes into melee and can kill himself with perils.

I would rather give the trait to the Foul Blightspawn.

Edited by Blasphem